• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#961 Powerplay

Powerplay

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Ok - he had a fair chance then.

We probably will never get to know wether his particular spot in the team or the amount and duration of the contract (or both?) was the main reason why Brunner did not re-sign with Detroit (or Detroit with him).

I agree that Detroit would have been a good showcase for Brunner. Basically everybody here in Switzerland is quite surprised that he didn't sign for 2.5 mil/p.a. Looks like a fair amount to me given the figures rumoured are corect?

#962 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hopefully he's seeing the mistake he made and comes back with his tail between his legs. Gotta put the ego aside when you enter majors, big boy. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#963 Powerplay

Powerplay

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Just in case - is there still any cap space at all for Brunner in case they would agree on something like 2/2.5 mil/p.a. or is this a "mission impossible"?

Thks for letting me know.

#964 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Just in case - is there still any cap space at all for Brunner in case they would agree on something like 2/2.5 mil/p.a. or is this a "mission impossible"?

Thks for letting me know.

Unless Holland can figure out how to make a trade from the heap of unwanted misfits I think Brunner is gone.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#965 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Unless Holland can figure out how to make a trade from the heap of unwanted misfits I think Brunner is gone.

Agreed. Its a shame, because Holland is making GREAT moves this year. His 2012 misfires are a thorn right now, however. We need to negative trade: Sammy, Tootoo, Bert, 1st Rounder in 2014 for 7th Rounder in 2014. Basically, give up a late 1st rounder so another team will take our slop.

#966 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Agreed. Its a shame, because Holland is making GREAT moves this year. His 2012 misfires are a thorn right now, however. We need to negative trade: Sammy, Tootoo, Bert, 1st Rounder in 2014 for 7th Rounder in 2014. Basically, give up a late 1st rounder so another team will take our slop.

The thing that kills me is even if he figures out how to do it he'd probably be on the phone with Cleary instead of Brunner....aaaauuuugggghh!!!!

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#967 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

The thing that kills me is even if he figures out how to do it he'd probably be on the phone with Cleary instead of Brunner....aaaauuuugggghh!!!!

Maybe Babcock will be talking on the phone with Cleary about a Z-D-C line, and Kenny wont be able to get thru!!

#968 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

At this point, it seems that the bottom lines will be Nyquist/Andersson/Tatar and Miller/Helm/Eaves, if all goes well. This would be excellent.

#969 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Never say never..

I think Brunner would still be a good fit for us. His asking price goes down everyday so you never know. 

tomastatar.png

#970 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

At this point, it seems that the bottom lines will be Nyquist/Andersson/Tatar and Miller/Helm/Eaves, if all goes well. This would be excellent.

Emmerton will be in there. Bank on it.

#971 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Emmerton will be in there. Bank on it.

Only way Eaves is back is if they trade 2 of Bertuzzi Samuelsson and Tootoo or trade one and send Nyquist to GR.

Emmerton will only be back if they move a guy and they have questions about Helm.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#972 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

Only way Eaves is back is if they trade 2 of Bertuzzi Samuelsson and Tootoo or trade one and send Nyquist to GR.Emmerton will only be back if they move a guy and they have questions about Helm.

Emdog is a regular for 2 seasons now. He's our 4th line center.

#973 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

Not when everyone is healthy he isn't.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#974 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

Not when everyone is healthy he isn't.

When is that, again?

#975 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

Only way Eaves is back is if they trade 2 of Bertuzzi Samuelsson and Tootoo or trade one and send Nyquist to GR.Emmerton will only be back if they move a guy and they have questions about Helm.

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard.

Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5.

Now do you see why I'd say that?

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#976 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Emmerton is a call up gap filler. Assuming helm is healthy he won't pass andersson or helm on the depth chart
  • Nev likes this

#977 Donohue75

Donohue75

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Unless wings Trade Bert, Sammy, Tootoo, and Emerton, Brunner won't be back lol... he kind of screwed his chances when he asked for way to much. 

It's been a great honor for me to be a player for the Detroit Red Wings, to play for an Original Six franchise. I know I'm far from perfect, but I learned a lot.
Steve Yzerman

#978 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard. Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5. Now do you see why I'd say that?

Who's to say he isn't a failed white rapper.  :ninja:

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#979 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard. Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5. Now do you see why I'd say that?

Who's to say he isn't a failed white rapper.  :ninja:

I think you're confusing him with Roy's kid

#980 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Emdog makes him sound like a failed white rapper. Dumbest damn nickname I've ever heard. Emmerton is the reserve forward. Most reserves get plenty of games in. He does nothing really well outside of his work ethic. If they can't trade someone else it makes absolutely no sense to waive someone else and get stuck with a big cap hit when they can dump him penalty free. Right now he's their 7th best center behind Datsyuk Zetterberg Weiss Helm Andersson and Abdelkader. Before they got Weiss and Andersson established himself he was #5.Now do you see why I'd say that?

Yah. I agree with you on almost all your points. Id even put Franzen in there as a better center option. Bottom line is that Emmerton fills the 10 spot (4th line center) better than anyone we've mentioned. No way those guys get demoted from our top 9. We had Fedorov, Yzerman, Larionov, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg ahead of Kris Draper at one point. Did Drapes get pushed to reserve? Nope. Know why? Cuz Drapes filled the 10 spot better than all those guys.