Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Another day, still unsigned.

#1002 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

We need to send him to Grand Rapids to learn respect.

#1003 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

He will sign soon I hope
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#1004 Powerplay

Powerplay

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

Swiss (Zug local) newspaper today reports that Brunner will return end of August to North America. Destination was not revealed but signing could take place very soon. His employer who would get over the salary cap or close by with Brunner's signing needs to make other transactions in order to clear cap space first. So Brunner will return to the NHL and will not play here in Zug next saison. Lets se

#1005 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hmmmmm...interesting :lol:

Thanks for the info!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1006 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ok, so lets get back into how we fit this guy back on our team.

#1007 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Somehow circumvent the cap and sign him for $3 million a season.  Yea, that would do it.  :)

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1008 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Put out a hit on Sammy maybe

#1009 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Somehow circumvent the cap and sign him for $3 million a season.  Yea, that would do it.  :)

Sign him for league minimum and give him 2 million in bonuses. That ought to do it

#1010 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Sign him for league minimum and give him 2 million in bonuses. That ought to do it

And say hello to the reason for the next lockout

Edit: Granted it couldn't happen, not being an entry level or 35+ contract...

Edited by ogreslayer, 14 August 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#1011 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yep, and then use magic to free up three roster spots. Perhaps we could send Samuelsson to Azkaban?

#1012 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Yep, and then use magic to free up three roster spots. Perhaps we could send Samuelsson to Azkaban?

Ha ha ha. This made me laugh good.

I just want to see Sammy, Bert, and Tootoo gone before the season starts. That allows us to do good things.

#1013 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Ha ha ha. This made me laugh good.

I just want to see Sammy, Bert, and Tootoo gone before the season starts. That allows us to do good things.

Yup we could go back to being the weakest team in the nhl. Im so excited. 

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#1014 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yup we could go back to being the weakest team in the nhl. Im so excited. 

I kinda liked the compete level and team we iced last playoffs. Didnt see a lot of weak.

#1015 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

I hope Damien enjoyed his slice of humble pie. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1016 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

http://kuklaskorner....medium=facebook

for what it's worth, via Malik:

"There's a lot of speculation regarding Damien because he hasn't found a new employer. People who believe that he hasn't received an offer because he wants too much money have no idea [what's going on]. Money was not and is not the priority for him. He wants to play where he has the best opportunity. In that sense, nothing's changed," explains the Canadian [agent].

Agent, not Brunner??

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#1017 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

Swiss (Zug local) newspaper today reports that Brunner will return end of August to North America. Destination was not revealed but signing could take place very soon. His employer who would get over the salary cap or close by with Brunner's signing needs to make other transactions in order to clear cap space first. So Brunner will return to the NHL and will not play here in Zug next saison. Lets se

I like Brunner, but who would clear cap space to sign him? He'd be a great addition to any team but I'm not sure Is go to so much trouble to sign him. Unless it actually is the Wings who have a lot of chaff to dispose of.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1018 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

If he's smart, he will sign with us and work hard. He'll find himself in the top 6 and with a nice paycheck plus a few Stanley Cups 3 or 4 years down the line. If he's dumb, he'll sign in Phoenix and rot away as a disappointment.

#1019 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

"There's a lot of speculation regarding Damien because he hasn't found a new employer. People who believe that he hasn't received an offer because he wants too much money have no idea [what's going on]. Money was not and is not the priority for him. He wants to play where he has the best opportunity. In that sense, nothing's changed," explains the Canadian [agent].

Agent, not Brunner??

Best opportunity=guaranteed top 6/PP spot perchance?  Not happening in Detroit unless Kenny suddenly ships off Abby & Franzen in a trade.  Let's concentrate on getting that 1 year deal with Nyquist finally done & trimming the roster by 2 spots instead of dreaming about Brunner.

#1020 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Agent, not Brunner??

The original article (German):

@Guggti: Grundsätzliches zu @damien_brunner http://t.co/lZDm9xCL5i

If he ends up in Phoenix I'm going to make a snarky poster and put it on the glass because I'm triflin'. Suggestions are welcome.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg