• Please log in to reply
1081 replies to this topic

#121 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

It's sad that Holland will let a guy like this walk when he is willing to 're sign Cleary at 3mil/year

I agree with this. Holland will sign 20 bozos to 40 mil total, but will scratch his head and tell us the price is too steep on an 8 million dollar norris candidate. Meanwhile, we have 7 million of salary RIDING THE PINE for 14 playoff games. Holland is a buffoon.

#122 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm confident he'll re-sign with us. I just don't want to believe he'd leave after how the fans/other players have treated him here.

Posted Image

#123 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

I agree with this. Holland will sign 20 bozos to 40 mil total, but will scratch his head and tell us the price is too steep on an 8 million dollar norris candidate. Meanwhile, we have 7 million of salary RIDING THE PINE for 14 playoff games. Holland is a buffoon.

I support Hollands decisions for the most part, I would not call him a buffoon. I would however say he is willing to play it safe sometimes when he should be taking a bit of a gamble like with Brunner

#124 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

THIS!!!  I was typing this same sentiment on another thread about the time you were typing this.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#125 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

He's not a buffoon. But he is becoming overcautious. He is taking the long term approach. Which has flaws. For instance, you'll never win the Cup if you wait year after year for the solution to come from within. No matter how the kids develop, we will always have needs. So how many years can he just wait?

I don't hate his moves, but I worry that he has lost his "win now" mentality in favor of "make playoffs and win two rounds.". It's nice to be consistent, but we fans dont care about revenue. We want to see Cups.
  • Nev likes this
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#126 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

I support Hollands decisions for the most part, I would not call him a buffoon. I would however say he is willing to play it safe sometimes when he should be taking a bit of a gamble like with Brunner

I like your diplomatic approach, but sometimes i gotta call a spade a spade.

"We are not willong to pay..."

WRONG. Youre willing to pay Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Cleary, etc.

You're just not willing to pay a lot of money to one good player instead of a lot of money to a bunch of average ones.

#127 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Knowing that other teams are talking to Brunner's agent right now is like someone trying to sleep with your spouse. I feel dirty. And angry. Like I want to set stuff on fire. :(

Edit: like if I was in a bar right now, I would break a beer bottle on the table and cut a b**ch.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 03 July 2013 - 09:47 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#128 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Knowing that other teams are talking to Brunner's agent right now is like someone trying to sleep with your spouse. I feel dirty. And angry. Like I want to set stuff on fire. :(

Edit: like if I was in a bar right now, I would break a beer bottle on the table and cut a b**ch.

You aint alone, should have been taken care of LOOOONNNGGG ago, somehow Miller and others took priority.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#129 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

This is when you tell Brunner to *** himself. He will disappear into nothingness without all the skill players and pp time the Wings surround him with. A good GM woulf have his offer declining by the minute right now.

Edited by vladdy16, 03 July 2013 - 10:23 PM.
LANGUAGE - don't circumvent curse filter

#130 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is when you tell Brunner to himself. He will disappear into nothingness without all the skill players and pp time the Wings surround him with. A good GM woulf have his offer declining by the minute right now.

????

He has every right to see what's out there. I imagine everyone is having a tough time determining his market value right now--so let the market determine his value. Hopefully then he comes back to Kenny and gives him a chance to match. Until then, we wait, and I fantasize about setting other arenas on fire and stabbing other GMs like a jealous girlfriend.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#131 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

This is when you tell Brunner to himself. He will disappear into nothingness without all the skill players and pp time the Wings surround him with. A good GM woulf have his offer declining by the minute right now.

First time I disagree with you. 

Dude was spending his very first year in a system so much more physical and intense than what he's been used and all things considered, I think he did a damn fine job. Also don't forget, he was our top scorer in the playoffs, where it REALLY counts. I foresee him only getting better next season and unless he's looking for an astronomically high salary, he should have been wrapped up already. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#132 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

????

He has every right to see what's out there. I imagine everyone is having a tough time determining his market value right now--so let the market determine his value. Hopefully then he comes back to Kenny and gives him a chance to match. Until then, we wait, and I fantasize about setting other arenas on fire and stabbing other GMs like a jealous girlfriend.

I say let him go. Pav didnt "test". You got Tatar BEGGING for his spot. Bye Brunner.

#133 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

I say let him go. Pav didnt "test". You got Tatar BEGGING for his spot. Bye Brunner.

Your opinion, you're entitled to it. I, like many here, want him back. Badly. Because I <3 him.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#134 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

This is making me nervous. He's only going to get better we have TONS of cap room just lock him up

#135 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Your opinion, you're entitled to it. I, like many here, want him back. Badly. Because I <3 him.

Fair enough. I respect yours too!

#136 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

this is how I feel the negotiations have gone so far this year with kenny and crew...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=i6m6bpxkjP4

#137 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

this is how I feel the negotiations have gone so far this year with kenny and crew...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=i6m6bpxkjP4

PUDDING!!!!!!!!!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#138 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yah. Kinda blah

#139 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

At 2.5 he a good deal sign him for 3 or 4 years
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#140 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

No, Pav signed a contract for a team in Russia back in the day, but you were probably only 8 then so you won't remember.

Right now no-one knows what Brunner's market value is, so both sides are willing to wait and see what he's offered.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk