• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm down with this. Good value for what he provides, and we all maintain the ability to type MILLER TIME! In GDTs.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#22 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Great signing, nothing not to like.

In other news:  Valterri Filpulla's days as a Red Wing continue to count down.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#23 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

After the playoff he had, he more than deserves this.  Great signing!

#24 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Really like this signing. Miller is a solid player who was one of our best penalty killers. Nice job Kenny! Now please don't re-sign Dan Cleary

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#25 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I've met him a couple of times, and always tell him, "we got the good Miller brother."   He thinks that's funny.  ;)

Good signing.  :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#26 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

I like the signing and at a good price too.

IPB Image

#27 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Does anyone think that maybe Holland sort of seems like he wants to stand pat with this teams roster until he sees how we perform in the East next year? And then after that first season of analysis, decide which direction to take the team?

Our (young) team only got better as the year went on, and will continue to improve next year, considering we were one win away from conference finals in a rebuild year I am not too upset. I say let the roster be almost the same and see where Z, Dats, Brunner, Franzen, Nyquist, Tatar, Deke, Smith, Kronner, and big Rig can take us next year, then make some decisions.As of now, we potentially have a very very good roster in the making, no need to rush it, even if we only do OK for a couple seasons, I am ok with that

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

No way Cleary can re-sign.  Even if they amnesty Sammy, that still leaves us with 14 forwards assuming we re-sign Nyquist, Andersson, and Brunner.  They could waive, amnesty, or trade Emmy to make room for Cleary....but why on Earth would you make room for Cleary.  This is of course also banking on Helm being healthy next year as well.  I'm not so sure they are 100% convinced about that yet.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#29 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Probably our best penalty killer seeing how helm plays 3 games in 3 years.

#30 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

I dunno guys.  He's only signed through age 32, but I'm concerned by how early his hair is turning gray that he might lose a step earlier due to premature aging.

#31 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I dunno guys.  He's only signed through age 32, but I'm concerned by how early his hair is turning gray that he might lose a step earlier due to premature aging.

Hair colour has nothing to do with aging.  I started turning grey at age 16.  My grandfather was pure white by age 30, and it didn't stop him from being in the Navy until he was almost 50 (WWII), and fathering my dad when he was over 40.

It's hereditary.  I don't think he will age faster than anyone else.

#32 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I like the guy for obvious reasons but now he takes a valuable roster spot...

#33 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Can't complain about the price. Seems like a long shot Dano will be re-signed now.

#NOMOREKINDL

#34 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

No way Cleary can re-sign.  Even if they amnesty Sammy, that still leaves us with 14 forwards assuming we re-sign Nyquist, Andersson, and Brunner.  They could waive, amnesty, or trade Emmy to make room for Cleary....but why on Earth would you make room for Cleary.  This is of course also banking on Helm being healthy next year as well.  I'm not so sure they are 100% convinced about that yet.

Why?  Because he was 2nd in points in the playoffs?  Because he's an absolute warrior?  A veteran leader on the bench and in the locker room on an increasingly young team?  Said it before, as a 13th forward, playing ~40 games, <10min per game I'd be more than happy to re-sign Cleary.

Emmerton is expendable.  With a healthy Helm he's 5th on the depth chart at centre, and if we get injuries,  Franzen and Abdelkader can centre top-six/bottom-six respectively.  Not to mention we might want to give guys like Sheahan a few games when we get injuries.  Emmerton can be waived/sent down/traded for no loss.  We got too many bodies pushing for a spot, and Emmerton just ain't good enough to cut the mustard.  Sorry kid.

Edited by Nev, 14 June 2013 - 03:11 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#35 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Good signing hopefully this will make his brother thinking hard about the Wings.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#36 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Zoink!

miller-lite-ken-jeong-commercial.jpg

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Good signing hopefully this will make his brother thinking hard about the Wings.

I doubt he wants to spend the rest of his career as a 1B or a backup.

#38 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

I like DM

#39 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts