• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Glad to keep Millsy onboard for the next 3 seasons!!

#42 Nicholonio

Nicholonio

est. 1989, representin'.

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Love this signing, just like the majority of the consensus here. And for the price? Just plain awesome.

#43 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Even if I didn't like Miller, this signing would be worth it for the fit of apoplexy it has sent mindfly into on HF.

#44 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

Awesome.

He's grown on me a lot. Awesome on the penalty kill, pretty physical, and can put up a bit of offense. Love what he brings to the table.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#45 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Even if I didn't like Miller, this signing would be worth it for the fit of apoplexy it has sent mindfly into on HF.

Great word to describe it haha

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 15 June 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#46 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

And he said he'd stop watching hockey altogether if Cleary was re-signed.  C'mon Kenny, get it done!

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#47 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Not superhappy to see Miller coming back. I think he is a bit overrated, he tends to be out of positionin his own end and the team played very well without him during the end of the regular season. I would rather see a more physical presence in his spot.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#48 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Does anyone think that maybe Holland sort of seems like he wants to stand pat with this teams roster until he sees how we perform in the East next year? And then after that first season of analysis, decide which direction to take the team?

I actually have no problem with that approach.  I'd like to see him retain all the RFAs and bring back Brunner.  Filppula and Cleary should not be back.  Also, I would like to see Samuelsson and either Bertuzzi or Colaiacovo bought out (or Colaiacovo traded).  This opens up spots for Tatar, who is ready for NHL duty, and Lashoff, who, despite some columnists trashing his play, is a steady defense-first guy, something this team needs.    Start off that way, make adjustments when/if needed.

#49 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I think the signing is fine, but I'm not getting the euphoria over it.  He's decent on the PK and okay defensively, he signed for what he was worth and won't be a huge cap hit, and a good veteran (but not ancient) presence, but he's not the second coming or anything.  Kind of a minor signing to me.  I only hope that it doesn't leave room for Cleary.  I think a full season would do him physically.  Maybe, and a big maybe, a one year deal, but anything over that and I'd have to wonder what he's got on Holland to get the deal.

#50 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

Not superhappy to see Miller coming back. I think he is a bit overrated, he tends to be out of positionin his own end and the team played very well without him during the end of the regular season. I would rather see a more physical presence in his spot.

i disagree. at the start of the playoffs the 4th line was worthless and was allowing anaheims 4th line to create all sorts of momentum and energy when they were out there. once miller got back, the 4th line was much better and helped give us momentum when out there instead of taking it away. sure, championships arent won by 4th lines, but having one that is able to contribute is a huge bonus. i think miller is the perfect fit for that role and has even shown the ability in the past to step up a line or two when injuries occur. 

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#51 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

i think people are putting way to much stock into what players "have done in the playoffs". mule and sammy were good in the playoffs before, doesnt mean it carries over to the next season. but miller hustles and is a decent 4th line/pk guy so resigning him is fine with me.

#52 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

I actually have no problem with that approach.  I'd like to see him retain all the RFAs and bring back Brunner.  Filppula and Cleary should not be back.  Also, I would like to see Samuelsson and either Bertuzzi or Colaiacovo bought out (or Colaiacovo traded).  This opens up spots for Tatar, who is ready for NHL duty, and Lashoff, who, despite some columnists trashing his play, is a steady defense-first guy, something this team needs.    Start off that way, make adjustments when/if needed.

Seriously, what is with the hate for this guy? The weirdos over on HF make it sound like he's the worst player to ever make the NHL.

#53 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

This is the one signing I wanted us to make.  I'm tickled pink with this.

Posted Image