• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

By the way guys. Since you haven't been watching....mrazek has been letting in weak goals all playoffs long...its not just this one game.

#42 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Here's a note to the Wings...lost a playoff game against a team full of douchebags? Grab those douchebags and give them what for. Well done to Grant, Evans and Callahan for sticking it to Panik.

18:30; Callahan Gr (misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct),

18:30; Evans Gr (misconduct - unsportsmanlike conduct),

18:30; Grant Gr (major - cross-checking), 18:30.

Edited by uk_redwing, 15 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#43 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Maybe playing away from the pressure of winning at home will be the ticket. 

They played a good game and they also played an even better game yesterday but were ripped off by terrible officiating.
Nyquist got a 5 min major and game misconduct for what shpould have been dive on Panik.
Mrazek got got hit in the crease and embelished and gotr called for it but the Crunch player intentionally bumped him in the crease and should have been called for it.
Jurco got hauled down from behind on a breakaway with no call
And there were some other terrible calls in favor of the Crunch. It was like they were blatantly trying to extend the series. I can't complain about today's officiating and the Griffs played a good game but the Crtunch played better (their lives were at stake) and they are a great team.
The momentum is in the Crunch's favor but momentum swings quickly. The Griffs are already 2-0 in Syracuse in the playoffs.

Edited by Johnz96, 15 June 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#44 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

2 chances blown but 2 more chances remain.  No use dwelling on the past.  Get over it and go get 'em Griffins!

"We're all behind our (minor league) hoc-key team. 

Go get 'em, Grif-fins!

Calder cup bound and pickin' up steam.

Go get 'em, Grif-fins!"

#45 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

By the way guys. Since you haven't been watching....mrazek has been letting in weak goals all playoffs long...its not just this one game.

Have you been at the games?

#46 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ya no kidding. They need to do it at start of next game.

Also my jealous side is glad the 8000 bandwagon fans didn't get to see them clinch. Us real fans that were in the 3000 all season long deserve it but not the bandwagoners.

Your jealous side really sucks.

Tough loss, but Syracuse found all the breaks. More weak officiating only made it a worse game to watch. Hopefully the Griffins can regain their form. Everyone played mostly weak games, with the exception of DeKeyser. Syracuse seemed to give them fits - especially the defense.

That said, they had plenty of chances late in the first and second periods. They just have to get back to their game and it should click.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#47 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Here's a note to the Wings...lost a playoff game against a team full of douchebags? Grab those douchebags and give them what for. Well done to Grant, Evans and Callahan for sticking it to Panik.

Man, they are really losing their cool, yeah? 

#48 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:39 AM

Your jealous side really sucks.
Tough loss, but Syracuse found all the breaks. More weak officiating only made it a worse game to watch. Hopefully the Griffins can regain their form. Everyone played mostly weak games, with the exception of DeKeyser. Syracuse seemed to give them fits - especially the defense.
That said, they had plenty of chances late in the first and second periods. They just have to get back to their game and it should click.

Ya lol.

But gr outplayed them by far. We just couldn't put the puck in the net ;(

#49 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

Have you been at the games?

A bunch yea. He let's in a lot of weak ones....but then he will turn around and make an amazing save.

I wasn't at Friday or sat game unfortunately( that's why I'm jealous the bandwagon fans got to go...). But when I hear they had four shots and 2 goals to start the game that sums how they went.

#50 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

TBH this is Petr's first year in the AHL and he's in the finals of the Caldar Cup.  He is one of the reasons they're even there so if he's let in a couple of weak ones then he's doing great. 

#51 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Mrazek has been great all year. He does let in soft goals from time to time, that seems to be his Achilles heel, but he is a big reason they've gotten so far - with 4 shutouts this post season.

I agree that he's not NHL ready, but at this rate he'll be a great successor to Howard.

#52 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Any video or anything worth seeing?

#53 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Any video or anything worth seeing?

Not really. Mostly a scrum. Callahan dragged his opponent around the ice like a rag doll while the guy clung to his leg, though.

#54 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Panik is very irritating and not in a good way, a real dickhead way!!

#55 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

TBH this is Petr's first year in the AHL and he's in the finals of the Caldar Cup.  He is one of the reasons they're even there so if he's let in a couple of weak ones then he's doing great.

I completely agree. The dude has been incredible at times. The great thing his he has a loaded team around him. So even if he let's in a weak goal nor two a game its easily overcome.

This last game we outshot them what 2:1? With tons of great scoring chances. We will win in syracuse once the bounces go our way again.

#56 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Panik is very irritating and not in a good way, a real dickhead way!!

He really is the kind of player you want on your team.  He scores, he hits, he hustles every shift, he has speed, and so on.  The guy is on fire in the postseason.  I really hope the Wings brass is watching this guy because he is a great prospect.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#57 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

He really is the kind of player you want on your team.  He scores, he hits, he hustles every shift, he has speed, and so on.  The guy is on fire in the postseason.  I really hope the Wings brass is watching this guy because he is a great prospect.

He also dives constantly and embellishes non-stop.

#58 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Also my jealous side is glad the 8000 bandwagon fans didn't get to see them clinch. Us real fans that were in the 3000 all season long deserve it but not the bandwagoners.

A bunch yea. He let's in a lot of weak ones....but then he will turn around and make an amazing save.

I wasn't at Friday or sat game unfortunately( that's why I'm jealous the bandwagon fans got to go...). But when I hear they had four shots and 2 goals to start the game that sums how they went.

Wow man, can you get any more arrogant? Maybe some fans don't have the money to go travel to Grand Rapids? Some require staying the night which can lead to pretty high expenses. Not everyone can attend consistent games. Yes, I know Grand Rapids games are cheap. I've had the luxury of sitting on the glass because of how cheap tickets are, it doesn't mean I can attend every single game though. What you ignore is that fans can still follow a team and cheer for them while not attending games. Social media and online streaming make this very possible. Not every fan has the luxury of attending every game, like you. You really want to call them bandwagoners because they maybe wanted to splurge and spend the extra money to go see them live for once? It was a special occasion. People tend to splurge when the occasion is special. Do you attend every single Red Wings game? Do you watch them on television sometimes because you can't attend games? I suppose you're just a bandwagoner if you don't attend all these games every season and just go to a single playoff game. My god man, get off the high horse. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#59 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

He also dives constantly and embellishes non-stop.

Welcome to the NHL and the AHL.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain