• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

3 1sts for 1st Overall?

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

According to the reporters on HNIC the Flames offered their 3 1st rounders for Colorado's 1st overall and Colorado refused.

Guest DeGraa55

Colorado must really want Jones...even more curious though. Why would the flames do that? They need to rebuild and add assets three first is very likely to land you top players.

Are you kidding? Three first round picks are a much better way to go when you're trying to rebuild, especially in such a deep, talented draft as this one. Just have a look at some of the players that "could" be available in Calgary's slots. With their 6th overall pick they could potentially get Darnell Nurse, Sean Monahan, Elias Lindholm or Valery Nichushkin. All extremely talented players that could possibly turn out to be better than Seth Jones. I know some people are going to think, "No way, Jones is a sure thing, a stud defenseman that is going to be a top defenseman in the league for a long time." And I think you'd be right but I also think Nurse is going to be a stud as well as the other three forwards mentioned.

A team that is rebuilding should never make this trade but if a team that is rebuilding is offered this trade they should take it. To me, Calgary are stupid to have made the deal and Colorado are ever more stupid to have turned it down. With the opportunity to get three first rounders, they should have taken it for sure. Along with one of those players previously mentioned, there is a long list of other great players that they could grab with the 22nd and 28th picks. Some of the players are, Anthony Mantha, Adam Erne, Bo Horvat, Ryan Hartman, Kerby Rychel, Valentin Zykov, Nikita Zadorov, Alexander Wennberg, Curtis Lazar, Mirco Mueller, among many others. Obviously all of these players will not drop back to the 22nd and 28th picks but some of the will have to.

There are going to be some great players and some are going to be real steals in the late first round for sure.

This draft indeed looks deep, but take a look at past drafts and you will find top talent from every year that never panned out. It happens in the top three also but rarely do these not make it to the NHL and more often than not they become impact players. If Jones develops into a top flight defenseman as expected it will be pretty difficult to explain why Colorado traded that pick. Nurse for example is a defensive defenseman from what I understand, he is not a two way franchise defenseman like Jones potentially is and every Red Wing fan should know how important those are.

Well the Flames are picking 6 + 22 + 28 so basically only one almost sure NHL player. I wouldn't pass on a guy like Jones, MacKinnon or Drouin for that. The Flames are looking at at least 4 years near the bottom, save for Baertschi their talent pool is amost non existent.

I think Feaster needs to go and replaced by a real hockey guy. Maybe they are offering the job to Iginla.

Avs fans/team are convinced they are 1 dman away from the playoffs. Whether that maybe true or not, under those ideas I wouldn't trade a potential generational dman (who already has a relationship with the team).

Edited by ben_usmc

Feaster is a mong.

Remember that little ordeal that happened not too long ago with him?

Ryan O'Reilly to be exact.

...and who does O'Reilly play for. Oh. Right. The 'lanche. Nice way to shoot yourself in the foot for future dealings with Colorado.

No wonder why the Flames are talking to Shanny about an executive position. Feaster out. Shanny in.

Guest Crymson

Avs fans/team are convinced they are 1 dman away from the playoffs. Whether that maybe true or not, under those ideas I wouldn't trade a potential generational dman (who already has a relationship with the team).

They're an ownership group willing to spend money away from the playoffs. The same will be true of the Blues soon enough.

even if this was true, there is lik 0,01% chance that the star D-men will become the difference maker in his first NHL season. more like: they draft him now, add some decent pick/trade next season and around April 2015 there are signs of good team DNA, provided there's also veteran leadership to show the way.

and it may land them playoffs, sure, but that's by far not meaning they'd be any successful. see: Washington Capitals.

even if this was true, there is lik 0,01% chance that the star D-men will become the difference maker in his first NHL season. more like: they draft him now, add some decent pick/trade next season and around April 2015 there are signs of good team DNA, provided there's also veteran leadership to show the way.

and it may land them playoffs, sure, but that's by far not meaning they'd be any successful. see: Washington Capitals.

YOU may think that, and I may agree. I'm simply telling you what a lot of Avs fans believe. They think their offense is good enough, goal tending inconsistent but with addition of an elite Dman they will have a huge turn around. Also Karlsson just came out a few years ago killing it, teams have very short memories and probably see that wondering if Jones will be the same.

You're biggest problem is associating the Avs with success.

Adrian Dater with the Denver Post is reporting that the Avs are now more interested in a forward than Jones, with Sakic possibly hinting that they may trade off the 1st pick...

If the Avalanche keeps the top pick in the June 30 NHL draft, it won't take the formerly presumptive candidate, defenseman Seth Jones.

After a week of internal meetings, Avalanche brass came to a conclusion: Jones won't be their pick. Instead, it could be any one of three forwards: Nathan MacKinnon, Jonathan Drouin or Alexander Barkov.

"If we do pick first, we're leaning more toward one of those three forwards," Avalanche executive vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic told The Denver Post.

--READ STORY FOR MORE--

No one is saying they are interested in trading the #1 pick, but there sure are a lot of "If we do pick first" quotes there...

Yeah one of 3 forwards? Mckinnon, Druin, who is the 3rd? Also they currently have ORielly, Duchene, Stastny as Centers, so I don't know why they would go Mckinnon. Maybe a buy out on Stastny? Either way why not take the 3 1st rounder if you aren't going Jones?

Yeah one of 3 forwards? Mckinnon, Druin, who is the 3rd? Also they currently have ORielly, Duchene, Stastny as Centers, so I don't know why they would go Mckinnon. Maybe a buy out on Stastny? Either way why not take the 3 1st rounder if you aren't going Jones?

Barkov