• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

e_prime

Flyers sign Streit - 4 yrs/5.25million

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

I feel like Philly should be forced to use a compliance buyout on Pronger or not be allowed to keep him on LTIR.

There is no chance he will ever play again, and their ability keep him on LTIR is allowing them to drive up FA prices every offseason.

I agree but I think even in the future with other players that no one should be allowed to remain on ltir for more than two years. At that point they must be forced to retire. Meaning their cap hit would be worse and itll penalize the team for signing a stupid contract with them.

I feel like Philly should be forced to use a compliance buyout on Pronger or not be allowed to keep him on LTIR.

There is no chance he will ever play again, and their ability keep him on LTIR is allowing them to drive up FA prices every offseason.

The thing is, while it's very unlikely at this point, there is technically a chance Pronger could play again.

I'd completely agree if they were using it on a guy who was mostly too old and slow to compete in the NHL anymore and had a convenient "injury." But given it's a concussion, I'm fine with it. Pronger was still a very good player when he last played and has 4 more years on his contract. Like I said, it's unlikely, but anything can happen.

Idk which thread to ask this in, so I'll go with this one since I can use a Philly example.

Since Philly is going to buy out Briere with a compliance buy out, that means he's UFA, so can he re-sign with Philly with a different contract?

Guest Johnz96

Idk which thread to ask this in, so I'll go with this one since I can use a Philly example.

Since Philly is going to buy out Briere with a compliance buy out, that means he's UFA, so can he re-sign with Philly with a different contract?

Compliance buyouts can't re-sign with the team that bought them out for a year.

I don't know if anyone else posted this, but it looks like bryzgalov won't be bought out this year

I've heard that their intentions are to buy him out.

Guest DeGraa55

Compliance buyouts can't re-sign with the team that bought them out for a year.

I've heard that their intentions are to buy him out.

Notice he said "this year". Maybe they plan to wait a year?