Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

ha flyers..

#23 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

I like this every season you can count on the Flyers doing something brave. Their GM really has balls of steel. But honestly what did people expect? Streit 14,25 over 3 years with the Islanders so it was clear, he wanted more aav and termwise. Wouldn't surprise me if the Flyers are in on the Luongo, Miller chances too. Also I highly disagree with not allowing Pronger to stay on LTIR. The guy has no peripheral vision since months, you can not force him to come back, let him fight through it on LTIR and hopefully he can back.

"Brave" is not the word I would use.  I would agree that he is not afraid to make a move that he thinks would better his team, however not sure that those moves are really all that well thought out.

I think Philly should go after Bernier, but as mentioned above they'll probably look at Miller, Luongo, Backstrom.  Hell, what about Tim Thomas. LOL.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

I like this every season you can count on the Flyers doing something brave. Their GM really has balls of steel. But honestly what did people expect? Streit 14,25 over 3 years with the Islanders so it was clear, he wanted more aav and termwise. Wouldn't surprise me if the Flyers are in on the Luongo, Miller chances too. Also I highly disagree with not allowing Pronger to stay on LTIR. The guy has no peripheral vision since months, you can not force him to come back, let him fight through it on LTIR and hopefully he can back.

"Brave" is not the word I would use.  I would agree that he is not afraid to make a move that he thinks would better his team, however not sure that those moves are really all that well thought out.

I think Philly should go after Bernier, but as mentioned above they'll probably look at Miller, Luongo, Backstrom.  Hell, what about Tim Thomas. LOL.

And thats exactly what I kind off like, it is always funny with them. If am Regier I'd be looking at Brayden Schenn and Couture for a signed Miller, Holmer might be desperate enough to do it. Remember the Carter and Richards to LA stuff? Pure gold

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#25 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

I sure as hell know I would take streit for 5 mil anyday over Jim nill signing gonchar for 5 mil
Posted Image

#26 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

I feel like Philly should be forced to use a compliance buyout on Pronger or not be allowed to keep him on LTIR.

There is no chance he will ever play again, and their ability keep him on LTIR is allowing them to drive up FA prices every offseason.

I agree but I think even in the future with other players that no one should be allowed to remain on ltir for more than two years. At that point they must be forced to retire. Meaning their cap hit would be worse and itll penalize the team for signing a stupid contract with them.

#27 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

I feel like Philly should be forced to use a compliance buyout on Pronger or not be allowed to keep him on LTIR.

There is no chance he will ever play again, and their ability keep him on LTIR is allowing them to drive up FA prices every offseason.

The thing is, while it's very unlikely at this point, there is technically a chance Pronger could play again.

I'd completely agree if they were using it on a guy who was mostly too old and slow to compete in the NHL anymore and had a convenient "injury."  But given it's a concussion, I'm fine with it.  Pronger was still a very good player when he last played and has 4 more years on his contract.  Like I said, it's unlikely, but anything can happen.

#28 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Idk which thread to ask this in, so I'll go with this one since I can use a Philly example.

Since Philly is going to buy out Briere with a compliance buy out, that means he's UFA, so can he re-sign with Philly with a different contract?

#29 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I don't know if anyone else posted this, but it looks like bryzgalov won't be bought out this year

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#30 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Idk which thread to ask this in, so I'll go with this one since I can use a Philly example.

Since Philly is going to buy out Briere with a compliance buy out, that means he's UFA, so can he re-sign with Philly with a different contract?

Compliance buyouts can't re-sign with the team that bought them out for a year.

I don't know if anyone else posted this, but it looks like bryzgalov won't be bought out this year

I've heard that their intentions are to buy him out.

#31 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Compliance buyouts can't re-sign with the team that bought them out for a year.
I've heard that their intentions are to buy him out.

Notice he said "this year". Maybe they plan to wait a year?

#32 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Looking like a done deal since they've let Briere know...

http://sports.yahoo....32516--nhl.html

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13