• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

Datsyuk agrees to 3-year extension, $22.5m total, $7.5m/year

Rate this topic

@Bill_Roose: Asked about rumors that he would leave #RedWings, Datsyuk said: I know where rumors are coming from. Maybe he doesnt like me coming here."

@Bill_Roose: #RedWings Datsyuk continued: I would be happy to play back home, but I know its better for me to stay here for my professional career.

So stoked! We get to see many more highlight reel plays from this man. I think I can speak for everyone hear by saying that he's one of the most entertaining players to watch. He belongs in Detroit

This is GREAT! Such a unique talent and great all-around player. It hasn't even sunk in that I could get to watch him for longer than just next year.

Igor Larionov was traded to Detroit in 1995 at Age 35. Think about that! I remember the radio stations blasting them for picking up "just another old guy" at the time - and think about how much he contributed to Detroit through 2003. No offense to The Professor, but Datsyuk is almost twice the NHL player that Igor ever got the chance to be. Such a cerebral player and in excellent physical condition. I've always gotten the sense that he could be productive in the NHL long after he "lost a step".

Guest RedWingsDad

Woo wooo.... more time for him to pass on his skills to rookies!

Please forgive the bad mental image i'm about to give you but....... I have the HUGEST boner right now. Dammit, why does the wife have to be at work at the moment? I can already feel certain things getting "blue" :lol:

FYI:

<-------- Is my wife

Edited by Kmahrle83

@Bill_Roose: Asked about rumors that he would leave #RedWings, Datsyuk said: I know where rumors are coming from. Maybe he doesnt like me coming here."

@Bill_Roose: #RedWings Datsyuk continued: I would be happy to play back home, but I know its better for me to stay here for my professional career.

I wonder who he thinks started the rumors?

This is GREAT! Such a unique talent and great all-around player. It hasn't even sunk in that I could get to watch him for longer than just next year.

Igor Larionov was traded to Detroit in 1995 at Age 35. Think about that! I remember the radio stations blasting them for picking up "just another old guy" at the time - and think about how much he contributed to Detroit through 2003. No offense to The Professor, but Datsyuk is almost twice the NHL player that Igor ever got the chance to be. Such a cerebral player and in excellent physical condition. I've always gotten the sense that he could be productive in the NHL long after he "lost a step".

And when you consider that Igor was Pasha's childhood idol, maybe there is something of a cerebral connection between them? Who knows?

This is roughly what I tell so many people. Especially today to people who think 7.5 is too high. Although I always include, barring a significant injury

The only negative-and it has almost nothing to do with Datsyuk, is we are just about max'd out cap wise. The extra 800K to Datsyuk doesn't matter so much, but there isn't much room left. As of today we have about 10.6 million to spend. RFA Nyquist, Andersson, Smith, and Kindl will eat up about 5 million of it, leaving 5.6 million to spend. There have already been public comments about trying to resign Brunner and Cleary. That will take up the rest.

The only other thing left to do, is use our buyouts. Does/will Holland use those? I know some will say we can make trades. True. But we can't take on any/much cap. Most of the guys making big money have no trade value or we want to keep, so no real relief can be found through this.