• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Dreger: Filppula looking for $5.5m/season over at least 7 years

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Emdog is Flip with less minutes and worse line-mates. Bump him up and give the team more money to save for Horton.

Unless there's buyouts I'm afraid that might be the starting roster

Holland has already said several times that Nyquist and Tatar will be in the NHL next season.

They are out of waiver options and are unlikely to be healthy scratches night in and night out.

Its possible that some of our veterans might be however...if there is enough roster space to keep them.

Guest The Axe

Source? I hope this is true.

I know. We are not used to Holland exploring for things that we need.

When I first read that Flip wanted 5.5 for 7 or 8 years, I chuckled out loud. The only team that would pay him that much is Florida or the Islanders or some other team that needs to reach the cap floor.

EDIT: For those who didn't read it, Holland also said we're rolling with 14 forwards this year, which mean at least three have to go.

I really liked Flip and thought he would break out to be a 1st liner with great defense, however he just never was consistent. I don't think he is worth that money to us, because we have similar players, that are young enough to have that break out potential we never fully saw. But I think he will get that, and probably make a team very happy with his all around game.

When I first read that Flip wanted 5.5 for 7 or 8 years, I chuckled out loud. The only team that would pay him that much is Florida or the Islanders or some other team that needs to reach the cap floor.

EDIT: For those who didn't read it, Holland also said we're rolling with 14 forwards this year, which mean at least three have to go.

I would say right now the Wings have 13 pretty much locked in, 14 if Sammy isn't bought out (which I think he will be):

Under contract: Dats, Hank, Mule, Bert, Abby, Helm, Miller, Eaves, Tootoo, Tatar, Emmerton, Sammy

RFAs that will be signed: Nyquist, Andersson

I could see Kenny signing both Brunner & Cleary yet, seeing who plays their way into a spot in camp, & either trading/waiving those that don't, most likely a combination of Cleary, Emmerton, Tootoo, or Eaves. It's a numbers game at this point & if those salary/length demands from Flip are accurate, there's just no way those numbers make sense for the Wings.

Edited by ogreslayer

People seem to forget Sammy can't be bought out because he is not healthy. If they keep him on IR, that opens up a spot on the roster.

He was considered day-to-day at the end of the Chicago series. Unless he does actually end up requiring surgery in the off season, I would doubt that he wouldn't be ready to go at the start of camp ergo eligible for compliance buy out.

Guest Crymson

People seem to forget Sammy can't be bought out because he is not healthy. If they keep him on IR, that opens up a spot on the roster.

Samuelsson has not been on IR in quite some time.

I would say right now the Wings have 13 pretty much locked in, 14 if Sammy isn't bought out (which I think he will be):

Under contract: Dats, Hank, Mule, Bert, Abby, Helm, Miller, Eaves, Tootoo, Tatar, Emmerton, Sammy

RFAs that will be signed: Nyquist, Andersson

I could see Kenny signing both Brunner & Cleary yet, seeing who plays their way into a spot in camp, & either trading/waiving those that don't, most likely a combination of Cleary, Emmerton, Tootoo, or Eaves. It's a numbers game at this point & if those salary/length demands from Flip are accurate, there's just no way those numbers make sense for the Wings.

Brunner is on this team 100%, he faded a bit at the end of the reg season and had a decent playoffs, keep in mind it was his 1st year. Right handed shot who can score..not going anywhere. Holland has some tough decisons...Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar are NHL ready and need to be in the lineup next year. Hopefully Helm is healthy too...we have some depth for sure which is nice. Still need that top 6 guy though.