• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Dreger: Filppula looking for $5.5m/season over at least 7 years

Rate this topic

Does anyone think that Grabovski may be a good replacement for Philppula? There was an unsubstantiated rumor in "Sovetski Sport" - a Russian sports paper - that Detroit is in talks with Toronto about Grabovski. He's signed till 2017 for 5.5 mil. with a limited NTC. With Kadri's progress, Grabovski may have become expendable.

I have read some rumors of this on the net the past few days. The Fourth Period said the Wings have inquired about Grabo. Personally I think he would be a good fit for Detroit. He is a lot like Filpulla, except he is NOT afraid to shoot the puck at all. He works his tail off during his shifts a lot like Fil. IMO, while the price is a little high, I would be willing to trade for Grabo because he is a slight upgrade over Fil in the sense that he can shoot the puck a lot more and score some more goals.

Also, he can play on Pavel's wing or he can center the 2nd line depending on if Babs wants to play Pavs and Hank together. Before, when Babs put Fil with Pavs, it was 2 passers playing together so I think this will give Babs more of a dynamic. I say for for it.

Does anyone think that Grabovski may be a good replacement for Philppula? There was an unsubstantiated rumor in "Sovetski Sport" - a Russian sports paper - that Detroit is in talks with Toronto about Grabovski. He's signed till 2017 for 5.5 mil. with a limited NTC. With Kadri's progress, Grabovski may have become expendable.

5.5 is a little steep, but Grabovski has a LOT of pure scoring talent and has some good moves he can use in full flight. He's not terrible 2-ways, but not the strongest on D. Undecided on this one, but we don't want to play Flip 5.5 and he's good 2-ways, while Grabo is better offensively, in my opinion anyways.

Leaf fans seem ready to get rid of him, that's all I've seen.

With Bozak looking to sign on for 8 years, Bolland as the 2nd C and drafting Gauthier who could be up in a couple years and Grabovski's 5.5 per cap hit, they may just NEED to move him to clear space.

Columbus sounds like a good place for Filppula

And maybe Horton too. They're gonna be very good very soon and they did really well in the 1st round of the draft with their 3 picks. Look for them to make the playoffs next year or the year after.

Columbus sounds like a good place for Filppula

And maybe Horton too. They're gonna be very good very soon and they did really well in the 1st round of the draft with their 3 picks. Look for them to make the playoffs next year or the year after.

Columbus is for sure on the rise, they are building a hardworking team first mentalit, and their VP Davidson is leading by example. They did draft well added Gaborik if they now Filpulla and Horton watch out..western conference.

Columbus is for sure on the rise, they are building a hardworking team first mentalit, and their VP Davidson is leading by example. They did draft well added Gaborik if they now Filpulla and Horton watch out..western conference.

Like I said when the BJ's almost made the playoffs...they're gonna be really good. I don't care if the East has the B's and the Flyers....2 whole big tough teams, the Western conference is every bit as tough and playing against hard working "something to prove" teams like the BJ's is gonna be harder than a lot of people think. And yeah, if they add Horton and Flip at a decent price, look the f*** out!

Guest Crymson

Columbus is in the East now.

Flip has every right to test the market-not everybody can be a franchise player. Do I think he is severely overestimating his worth? You betcha. Do I think some team will be willing to bend over and let Flip put it in any hole he wants? Absolutely. Flip seems like he's all about the $, and those are the type of players that don't break my heart when they leave (with the exception of Fedorov but we won't mention that now that i have successfully completed therapy). It's unfortunate that we're not getting anything in return for him, but I understand why Kenny didn't want to pull the trigger earlier.

Best of luck Flip. Hope I don't see you back here in 6 years...

If he leaves for a payday, I will only refer to Flip as Marty Lapointe 2.0 from here on out.

Guest Playmaker

They are in the Eastern Conference as well. Just in a different division than the Wings.

If he leaves for a payday, I will only refer to Flip as Marty Lapointe 2.0 from here on out.

I would refer to him as human. I don't know about anyone else, but I work to get paid. If someone wants to double my salary, I'll sure as hell listen to offers. I can't stand the whole "greedy" argument. Professional athletes have a limited window in which they can earn a living. They need to do what's best for their futures and their families. Teams are not loyal to their players anymore, so why should the players be?

Why are the Wings still in on him for the rumored price Filppula is seeking?

Key word: rumored.

Seriously, with Lecavalier gone, who is a better option for 2C on the FA market? I hope we resign Flip at this point, even if we have to go as high as $4.5m. Because lets face it, we're not going to make a big time trade and there are no better options that are less of a gamble than Flip.

Key word: rumored.

Seriously, with Lecavalier gone, who is a better option for 2C on the FA market? I hope we resign Flip at this point, even if we have to go as high as $4.5m. Because lets face it, we're not going to make a big time trade and there are no better options that are less of a gamble than Flip.

I think both Weiss and Grabovski are better players.

Guest The Axe

So:

Alfredsson-Zetterberg-Franzen

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-Andersson

Miller-Emdog-Eaves

Bertuzzi-Samuelsson

Ericsson-Kronwall

Quincey-Smith

DeKeyser-Kindl

Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson

For some reason, I'm strangely ok with this lineup.

I think both Weiss and Grabovski are better players.

Past two years:

Filppula: 122g, 32g, 51a

Weiss: 97g, 21g, 40a

Grabovski: 122g, 32g, 35a

How are weiss or Grabovski any better than Filppula?

At this point, anyone on the FA list is a downgrade from Flip. If we sign Weiss for anything around $4.5m, it would be insane.

Past two years:

At this point, anyone on the FA list is a downgrade from Flip. If we sign Weiss for anything around $4.5m, it would be insane.

The argument here is that Weiss has been on a much worse team and generally paired with lesser line mates than Filppula.

Guest Crymson

Past two years:

Grabovski and Weiss both either played with crappy linemates or under terrible coaches. Filppula played with linemates ranging from excellent to good and under arguably the best coach in the league. More, in his big production year he also had Lidstrom behind him.

Past two years:

.68 pts a game for both Flip & Weiss over that period & Weiss managed to do that while playing center. The only reason Flip did is that we was switched to the wing. Flip can't carry a line offensively as a center where Weiss can.