• This topic is locked This topic is locked
285 replies to this topic

#201 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

this silence is making me nervous. i am going to lose it if Flip is resigned and Bunner isnt

It sounds like we lost Filp (as expected) and still in talks with Cleary and Brunner. 

From Freep today:

General manager Ken Holland is scheduled to meet today with Daniel Cleary, one of three Wings leaning toward unrestricted free-agent status. Valtteri Filppula wants to test the market. Discussions have been ongoing with Damien Brunner.

I really didn't think it was going to take this long to sign Brunner, but I guess he really wants that long-term deal. In the same article they make it seem that Vinny is going to Dallas also. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#202 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Filppula isn't a big net front presence, obviously, but he never shys away from battling for the puck in the corners. In fact, his skill for battling along the boards is one of his best traits.

This doesn't sound like the Fil I have watched.  He stays away from the rough stuff.  He's a 3 or 3.5 a year guy or a 3rd line center on a team that has a greater likelihood to go deep into the playoffs. 

#203 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Filppula isn't a big net front presence, obviously, but he never shys away from battling for the puck in the corners. In fact, his skill for battling along the boards is one of his best traits.

This doesn't sound like the Fil I have watched.  He stays away from the rough stuff.  He's a 3 or 3.5 a year guy or a 3rd line center on a team that has a greater likelihood to go deep into the playoffs. 

Agreed I wish him nothing but the best success although I think a team trying to reach the cap floor is going to overpay for him. This is his payday and I don't blame him for wanting to cash in.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#204 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Let them ALL go. If they dont want to be here, fine.

We have a great core.

Filppula, Brunner, Cleary, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, White = BYE.

#205 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Don't worry, the wings will sign filpula for sure. When he's in his late 30s at the end of his next contract for too much money :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#206 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Agreed I wish him nothing but the best success although I think a team trying to reach the cap floor is going to overpay for him. This is his payday and I don't blame him for wanting to cash in.

Islanders. 

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#207 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

ken holland should of traded fippula ages ago , another asset lost for nothing , not even negotiating rights traded after the season i dont know what the hell hes doing , was he planning to blackmail him into changing his mind and signing for 3 mill a yr instead of 5?? everyone knew he was testing the market ... such a waste

jim nill cost us nicushkin at the draft (knew he wouldnt go past 10 when i saw dallas up )

and now i predict he will sign all or 2 of filppula brunner and cleary

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 02 July 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#208 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

ken holland should of traded fippula ages ago , another asset lost for nothing , not even negotiating rights traded after the season i dont know what the hell hes doing , was he planning to blackmail him into changing his mind and signing for 3 mill a yr instead of 5?? everyone knew he was testing the market ... such a waste

As others have said here, it seems like Flip has made it pretty obvious that he wants to test the market. I don't know realistically how much leverage Kenny had to flip (lol) his rights for a pick...
  • Nev likes this

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#209 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

jim nill cost us nicushkin at the draft (knew he wouldnt go past 10 when i saw dallas up )

and now i predict he will sign all or 2 of filppula brunner and cleary

Did you think Jim nill would magically try to make his team worse so we could better our team?

#210 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Did you think Jim nill would magically try to make his team worse so we could better our team?

obviously not but i didnt expect him to become our enemy so quickly lol :P

#211 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

obviously not but i didnt expect him to become our enemy so quickly lol :P

Lol

#212 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

As others have said here, it seems like Flip has made it pretty obvious that he wants to test the market. I don't know realistically how much leverage Kenny had to flip (lol) his rights for a pick...

could of tried weeks ago at the least for a late pick or traded him at the deadline we all knew he was gone , didnt expect him to be a greedy dillusional f*ck  ... he is so going to dallas with jim nill and the lower taxes there for around 4 mil

#213 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

could of tried weeks ago at the least for a late pick or traded him at the deadline we all knew he was gone , didnt expect him to be a greedy dillusional f*ck  ... he is so going to dallas with jim nill and the lower taxes there for around 4 mil

Flip has every right to test the market-not everybody can be a franchise player. Do I think he is severely overestimating his worth? You betcha. Do I think some team will be willing to bend over and let Flip put it in any hole he wants? Absolutely. Flip seems like he's all about the $, and those are the type of players that don't break my heart when they leave (with the exception of Fedorov but we won't mention that now that i have successfully completed therapy). It's unfortunate that we're not getting anything in return for him, but I understand why Kenny didn't want to pull the trigger earlier.

Best of luck Flip. Hope I don't see you back here in 6 years...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#214 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

Great. Bye. Now tell me Cleary wants to test the waters too and make me REALLY happy.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#215 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Story of Filppula on LGW: People don't want him to resign, but also get pissed at him for not wanting to resign.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#216 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Great. Bye. Now tell me Cleary wants to test the waters too and make me REALLY happy.

Cleary is worth 2 million.

#217 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

5 years ago.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#218 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

On the Oilers where there is zero leadership to be had.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#219 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'd much rather watch Cleary earn his money from afar where I can see him on NHL Tonight every once in a while having a puck glance off him and he gets credit for it or the other team scores off one of his turnovers. Enough. There are tons of young players who could do more with his ice time.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#220 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Story of Filppula on LGW: People don't want him to resign, but also get pissed at him for not wanting to resign.

It's moreso people being pissed that he expects 7yrs at $5.5mil when he doesn't produce anywhere near what that contract would suggest. I love Filppula, always have, but good riddance.

Posted Image