285 replies to this topic

#221 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

5 years ago.

If Tootoo is worth $1.9, Cleary is worth 2.

#222 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Does anyone think that Grabovski may be a good replacement for Philppula? There was an unsubstantiated rumor in "Sovetski Sport" - a Russian sports paper - that Detroit is in talks with Toronto about Grabovski. He's signed till 2017 for 5.5 mil. with a limited NTC. With Kadri's progress, Grabovski may have become expendable.

#223 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Does anyone think that Grabovski may be a good replacement for Philppula? There was an unsubstantiated rumor in "Sovetski Sport" - a Russian sports paper - that Detroit is in talks with Toronto about Grabovski. He's signed till 2017 for 5.5 mil. with a limited NTC. With Kadri's progress, Grabovski may have become expendable.

Leaf fans seem ready to get rid of him, that's all I've seen.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#224 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

ken holland should of traded fippula ages ago , another asset lost for nothing , not even negotiating rights traded after the season i dont know what the hell hes doing , was he planning to blackmail him into changing his mind and signing for 3 mill a yr instead of 5?? everyone knew he was testing the market ... such a waste

jim nill cost us nicushkin at the draft (knew he wouldnt go past 10 when i saw dallas up )

and now i predict he will sign all or 2 of filppula brunner and cleary

I doubt that ALL the teams picking between 11 and 18 would have passed on Nichushkin.

#225 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Columbus sounds like a good place for Filppula

#226 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

If Tootoo is worth $1.9, Cleary is worth 2.

Nah, Tootoo fights.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#227 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

I have read some rumors of this on the net the past few days. The Fourth Period said the Wings have inquired about Grabo. Personally I think he would be a good fit for Detroit. He is a lot like Filpulla, except he is NOT afraid to shoot the puck at all. He works his tail off during his shifts a lot like Fil. IMO, while the price is a little high, I would be willing to trade for Grabo because he is a slight upgrade over Fil in the sense that he can shoot the puck a lot more and score some more goals. 

Also, he can play on Pavel's wing or he can center the 2nd line depending on if Babs wants to play Pavs and Hank together. Before, when Babs put Fil with Pavs, it was 2 passers playing together so I think this will give Babs more of a dynamic. I say for for it.

#228 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

5.5 is a little steep, but Grabovski has a LOT of pure scoring talent and has some good moves he can use in full flight.  He's not terrible 2-ways, but not the strongest on D.  Undecided on this one, but we don't want to play Flip 5.5 and he's good 2-ways, while Grabo is better offensively, in my opinion anyways.

Leaf fans seem ready to get rid of him, that's all I've seen.

With Bozak looking to sign on for 8 years, Bolland as the 2nd C and drafting Gauthier who could be up in a couple years and Grabovski's 5.5 per cap hit, they may just NEED to move him to clear space.

And maybe Horton too.  They're gonna be very good very soon and they did really well in the 1st round of the draft with their 3 picks.  Look for them to make the playoffs next year or the year after.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#229 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

5.5 ....if 4.5 or 5 was too much for Lacavilier, its WAY too much to Grabovski.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#230 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

And maybe Horton too.  They're gonna be very good very soon and they did really well in the 1st round of the draft with their 3 picks.  Look for them to make the playoffs next year or the year after.

Columbus is for sure on the rise, they are building a hardworking team first mentalit, and their VP Davidson is leading by example. They did draft well added Gaborik if they now Filpulla and Horton watch out..western conference.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#231 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Craig Custance @CraigCustance 2m

Still about half a dozen teams in on Valtteri Filppula. Red Wings believed to still be one of them.

#232 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Why are the Wings still in on him for the rumored price Filppula is seeking?

Weiss is a better player. Just spend the money on him instead.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#233 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Columbus is for sure on the rise, they are building a hardworking team first mentalit, and their VP Davidson is leading by example. They did draft well added Gaborik if they now Filpulla and Horton watch out..western conference.

Like I said when the BJ's almost made the playoffs...they're gonna be really good.  I don't care if the East has the B's and the Flyers....2 whole big tough teams, the Western conference is every bit as tough and playing against hard working "something to prove" teams like the BJ's is gonna be harder than a lot of people think.  And yeah, if they add Horton and Flip at a decent price, look the f*** out!

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#234 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

I do not want flip back

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#235 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

What he said.

#236 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

Columbus is in the East now.

#237 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Flip has every right to test the market-not everybody can be a franchise player. Do I think he is severely overestimating his worth? You betcha. Do I think some team will be willing to bend over and let Flip put it in any hole he wants? Absolutely. Flip seems like he's all about the $, and those are the type of players that don't break my heart when they leave (with the exception of Fedorov but we won't mention that now that i have successfully completed therapy). It's unfortunate that we're not getting anything in return for him, but I understand why Kenny didn't want to pull the trigger earlier.

Best of luck Flip. Hope I don't see you back here in 6 years...

If he leaves for a payday, I will only refer to Flip as Marty Lapointe 2.0 from here on out. 

#238 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

I think Hudler 2.0 is more appropriate...Lapointe had size and toughness.

#239 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

They are in the Eastern Conference as well.  Just in a different division than the Wings.

If he leaves for a payday, I will only refer to Flip as Marty Lapointe 2.0 from here on out. 

I would refer to him as human.  I don't know about anyone else, but I work to get paid.  If someone wants to double my salary, I'll sure as hell listen to offers.  I can't stand the whole "greedy" argument.  Professional athletes have a limited window in which they can earn a living.  They need to do what's best for their futures and their families.  Teams are not loyal to their players anymore, so why should the players be?

• Nev likes this

#240 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

Why are the Wings still in on him for the rumored price Filppula is seeking?

Key word: rumored.

Seriously, with Lecavalier gone, who is a better option for 2C on the FA market? I hope we resign Flip at this point, even if we have to go as high as $4.5m. Because lets face it, we're not going to make a big time trade and there are no better options that are less of a gamble than Flip.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!