he's awesome. i would do it in a heartbeat

#22 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

No room. It is that simple.

Edited by Richdg, 20 June 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#23 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

he's awesome. i would do it in a heartbeat

He had an awful season that was ended by his second concussion in 13 months. Awesome? Maybe two years ago.

#24 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Rumor has it half the NHL is after Briere... I'll find a link...

@DarrenDreger: 15 teams or more believed to have interest in Briere once he becomes a buyout UFA. Briere will want a 1-2 year deal. #TSN

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 20 June 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#25 NYC Wings Fanatic

NYC Wings Fanatic

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Instead of just adding another mid 30s "Danny", we need to subtract one of our own, first!

#26 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Just say no to dannies

#27 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

He had an awful season that was ended by his second concussion in 13 months. Awesome? Maybe two years ago.

The whole team was awful...not just him

#28 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

The whole team was awful...not just him

Ask Flyers fans. He was especially bad.

#29 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Give him 4 million for 2 years.

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

video

That montage is over two years old. Aside from some flashes in the playoffs---last year's being against the worst playoff goaltender of the post-lockout era---he has been in steady decline for the past three seasons.

Edited by Crymson, 21 June 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#32 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

I agree with Crymson. Signing a declining Briere while we're already having problems finding roster spots for the players we already have would be sheer madness (and not Sparta ;) ). 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#33 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Im definitely on team don't sign briere.. not worried tho, some team would out bid the wings even if they did want him.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#34 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Show of hands, how many people who are interested in Briere are the same people who wanted nothing to do with Weiss over in the other thread because he was too small to play center for our team going forward?  I'm not going to bother checking, but there's got to be some. 

Anyway, no thanks on Briere.  He's had a great career and all, and he's got a lot of moxy, but I like center's who play defense.  For that matter, so do the coaches and management.  Which is why we have the system we do, and why Danny Briere won't be donning the Winged Wheel in this lifetime. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#35 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Show of hands, how many people who are interested in Briere are the same people who wanted nothing to do with Weiss over in the other thread because he was too small to play center for our team going forward?  I'm not going to bother checking, but there's got to be some. 

Anyway, no thanks on Briere.  He's had a great career and all, and he's got a lot of moxy, but I like center's who play defense.  For that matter, so do the coaches and management.  Which is why we have the system we do, and why Danny Briere won't be donning the Winged Wheel in this lifetime. 

I am a firm no on both. Both are old, small, EXPENSIVE, and are guys that we have a bunch of. We are already filled up at the forward position. As of today guys like Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, etc... are in danger of being in the minors. Adding a Briere or Weiss only increases that chance. What they can produce can be found in the 3 younger guys for a lot less money. Now if we are talking about adding Big Vinny from TB after a buyout, that would be different. he is a very different type of player than what we already have.

#36 Kronstantinov

Kronstantinov

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

I am a firm no on both. Both are old, small, EXPENSIVE, and are guys that we have a bunch of. We are already filled up at the forward position. As of today guys like Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, etc... are in danger of being in the minors. Adding a Briere or Weiss only increases that chance. What they can produce can be found in the 3 younger guys for a lot less money. Now if we are talking about adding Big Vinny from TB after a buyout, that would be different. he is a very different type of player than what we already have.

I'm with you on this. No to Briere or Weiss (they just offer what the Wings already have in abundance and Briere is declining) but LeCavalier could be a good fit for the Wings at the right price.

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm with you on this. No to Briere or Weiss (they just offer what the Wings already have in abundance and Briere is declining) but LeCavalier could be a good fit for the Wings at the right price.

The last thing the Wings need is to take on Lecavalier's absurd contract. The guy is in decline, and having his huge cap hit until 2020 would not be a good thing, especially given the enormous cap penalties the Wings would be subject to were he to retire early.

#38 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

The last thing the Wings need is to take on Lecavalier's absurd contract. The guy is in decline, and having his huge cap hit until 2020 would not be a good thing, especially given the enormous cap penalties the Wings would be subject to were he to retire early.

Tampa is buying out his contract, he will be a UFA.

#39 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

I've been a fan of Briere's since he was a rookie with Phoenix.  But even so, I don't think the Wings need another small center with waning skills and lots of heart.  Danny's a good man, hope he winds up with a team where he is appreciated and where he excels.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#40 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Tampa is buying out his contract, he will be a UFA.

source?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."