• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingsRox

Tortorella offered coaching job in Vancouver

Rate this topic

If anyone cares ... I think this was an owner influenced decision. Gillis has been neutered.

gary lawless @garylawless

NHL source tells me John Tortorella has been offered #Canucks job and two sides are close to a deal #nhl #canucks Torts will coach Canucks

Brad Ziemer @BradZiemer

Am told Tortorella just spotted boarding United Flight 323 from Denver to Vancouver. Can't imagine he's coming for another interview...

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma

Kept hearing from NHL sources that ownership was "very involved" in hiring process, wanted tempered kick-ass approach. Hello Torts. #canucks

I guess the Sedins will combine for 90 points by the end of the season instead of putting up 90 each.

Torts in Vancouver is an awful fit, i'd anticipate them to finish the season with at least 15-20 points less than they have been and still choke out in the first or second round. This just makes no sense at all, he is not the solution to grant the Nucks more success and bring them further into the playoffs.

Bad move Vancouver, riots will ensue.

If they wanted drama in Vancouver, they just got it. I'm sure they are already starting a pick'em for how many players that will be requesting to be traded by the trade deadline.

Edited by Vladiator

So Buffalo is the only team missing a coach?

They have named Rolston their hc at may 7.

Wow Gillis must really hate his core in order to go the Tortarella route. This guy was voted the second least likable coach players would be willing to play for. He is just an awful awful fit, with the type of personal the Canucks have. Under this circumstances I can't see the Sedins staying beyond their contracts.Vancouver is - like mentioned - way to skilled for a Tortarella type system and especially too loaded for the kick-ass approach he is going to bring. Wonder, if some players thought AV would be a hard ass coach just wait for the arrival of mister John T...

I certainly expect to drop a few points and for the first time since almost a half decade fighting for a playoff spot.

Horrible decision Gillis should get the axe .

Kesler, Sedins, Raymond and some of their young guns might now be available soon :-)

Edited by frankgrimes

Canucks need a coach to get the team to live up to their talent level and win clutch games, so they hired the coach of the Rangers??

The best part of this move is Luongo's response on twitter:

Strombone @strombone1 15h

I'M WILLING TO STAY, BE THE BACK UP AND PLAY FOR FREE IF THEY LET ME SIT IN AT EVERY TORTS PRESSER! #MAN #MYTH #LEGEND

Going to be hard to gauge because of realignment. If there was no realignment, you can compare to previous year and say it was AV or Torts. But now that there is tougher competition and if Vancouver drops 15-20 pts in the standings ... is it the coach or is it a dose of reality and a true reflection of the Canucks in a tougher division. Regardless, the coach swapping is certainly intriguing. Has that ever happened in the NHL where coaches were traded one for one?

Vancouver already wasn't going to do as well the next season as previous ones due to the new alignment. The division they have been in is a joke.

As for all the players wanting trades, perhaps that is the plan, it seems half the damn team has no trade or no movement clauses.

Some are saying though that this is a decision by Gillis to deflect attention from himself. Come the regular season no one is gonna even mention his name.... we will be to busy with Torts.

Some are saying though that this is a decision by Gillis to deflect attention from himself. Come the regular season no one is gonna even mention his name.... we will be to busy with Torts.

Since you are in 604 as well, then you probably read all the rumours that this is more of an ownership hiring and not Gillis' style. He seems to be more of the John Stevens type. One never knows when it comes to these things. Gillis should have been fired already if you ask me.