Photo
- - - - -

Who would you rather have: Marchand or Shaw?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

me too with Marchand, but I've been a big fan of him for quite some time.

yes, he's a pest. but he's also an uber talented at being pest and and the same time being offensive threat. and it's not like he was bad at scoring and generating chances.

yup, I'd love to see Marchand with the Wings, hands down

#22 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

If I had to choose between the two (and I hope we don't) I'd take Marchand.  It would tick my housemate off to no end if he left Boston and came to us.

Posted Image

#23 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Marchand hands down. He plays with an edge and is passionate to win you can see it by the way he plays. He understands his role. Shaw is a little B****, I would punch him at a Wings autograph signing thats how much I hate the MFer.

#24 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Marchand easy.  Watching him work with Jagr and Bergeron has been awesome.

esteef

This. He hits, scores goals, gets assists aggravates the other teams top players, and off the ice is a very respectful player (watch his interviews and off work interviews).

Shaw isn't even in the same league in terms of skill with Marchand. If he played for the Wings, he would be an instant favorite.

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#25 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Marchand but without the diving 

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Don't want either player.  We need big forwards, not small ones.  Shaw is 5'11 and Marchand is 5'9.  

To answer the OP, Shaw would be a better fit.  Marchand couldn't play a chippy, annoying style here, since he wouldn't have his backup.  Our team is too soft and he'd get his ass beat all the time.  Also, Shaw is a right-handed shot, which we never have enough of.  

They're both good players in the places they're currently at, but we I think we need to look elsewhere.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 22 June 2013 - 03:18 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Marchand. Shaw is a dirtbag, Marchand less of a dirtbag.

I still can't believe there isn't a pic online somewhere after Shaw took a run at Mike Richards his first game back and Richards barely dodged the check. The cameras showed Shaw on bench, he turned to teammate to his side and stuck his tongue out and smirked/laughed (I hope that doesn't sound silly, it hard to describe a dirtbag tongue out, smirk... its like saying you saw the Devil and then trying to describe it to somebody)... I asked a few people if they noticed and of course nobody did making me feel like maybe I imagined it all and was looking too closely trying to find evil.

And that isn't even counting the two flying elbows he delivered on Wings during our series...

#28 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

And that isn't even counting the two flying elbows he delivered on Wings during our series...

Filppula slew foot.