• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedWingCraig

Rumor
Per Eklund, Wings & Flyers pursuing Bobby Ryan

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

says it could come down to the Flyers and Wings at the draft for Bobby Ryan. Would love it depending on what it would take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd pass to be honest. Another inconsistent forward, and it would handcuff the team in cap space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

says it could come down to the Flyers and Wings at the draft for Bobby Ryan. Would love it depending on what it would take.

please don't get me going on my obsession for the Wings to acquire Ryan. I would love it! It would be costly though.

I'd pass to be honest. Another inconsistent forward, and it would handcuff the team in cap space.

nah...buyout Sammy and Bert. Trade for Ryan, sign Weiss. Offense problems solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please don't get me going on my obsession for the Wings to acquire Ryan. I would love it! It would be costly though.

nah...buyout Sammy and Bert. Trade for Ryan, sign Weiss. Offense problems solved.

People seem to forget how invisible that guy can become. Heis not worth the price tag that would come along with him at all. We need a gritty top 6 forward, not another franzen.

Having said that, if franzen was one of the things going the other way, id be all for it.

Edited by marcaractac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got two more years at 5.1M cap hit, 6'2", 220 lbs, Right-Handed, and scored 30 goals 4 consecutive years before this year. And he just turned 26.

I like him, but Anaheim needs forwards (plural) or a significant upgrade on the back end - they already have 6 D-Men signed for next year. They aren't going to want any of the guys we want to get rid of.



People seem to forget how invisible that guy can become. Heis not worth the price tag that would come along with him at all. We need a gritty top 6 forward, not another franzen.

Having said that, if franzen was one of the things going the other way, id be all for it.

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why on Earth are any of you taking Eklund at face value? He is known to be almost universally unreliable. Eklund is neither an insider nor a reputable source.

MabusIncarnate likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eklund speculation. Chances are if Hockey Buzz is the only site reporting it on the internet there is zero credibility to this. His accuracy rate for "rumors" is atrocious, himself and his site are the joke of the hockey world.

Edited by MabusIncarnate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really like this. I mean, I'd be happy to have him on the team, but getting into a bidding war with the Flyers? Not going to go well. We'd have to drastically overpay. And if somehow he does end up becoming another Franzen as people here suggest, I don't want to think about the state that LGW would be in with both on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see something around Tatar, Eaves and 2nd rounder.

It's not that I don't like Tatar... it's just that we can't get him for Q and Sammy... :)

BTW Ryan on Dats line is a at least 35-40 goals a season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the wings gave up Tatar, who just dominated the AHL playoffs, for Ryan I would personally start the pillaging of Hollands home. If you can swing Franzen in a trade then great. If not, no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg bobby Ryan is exactly what we need. Put him with DAT and whoever else on wing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't Eklund's name being attached to a rumor mean its totally worthless?

Based on his track record, yes. His rumors lack substance 95% of the time, and the remaining 5% are almost certainly lucky guesses.

Omg bobby Ryan is exactly what we need. Put him with DAT and whoever else on wing.

Heh, I almost wish this would happen just to see your reaction. Are you aware that Ryan is just like Franzen in his inconsistency and oft-laziness, but even more expensive?

I really don't get this idea that Ryan is a hardworking, hard-hitting scoring machine. He absolutely just isn't.

I could see something around Tatar, Eaves and 2nd rounder.

It's not that I don't like Tatar... it's just that we can't get him for Q and Sammy... :)

BTW Ryan on Dats line is a at least 35-40 goals a season...

News: Ryan played last season with Getzlaf, who is a pretty darned good passer, and Perry, who isn't bad at it himself. Playing alongside these two all-stars, he scored the full-season equivalent of 20 goals.

Datsyuk is a brilliant player, but he can't do actual sorcery, and he can't motivate lazy players to pick up their game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on his track record, yes. His rumors lack substance 95% of the time, and the remaining 5% are almost certainly lucky guesses.

Heh, I almost wish this would happen just to see your reaction. Are you aware that Ryan is just like Franzen in his inconsistency and oft-laziness, but even more expensive?

I really don't get this idea that Ryan is a hardworking, hard-hitting scoring machine. He absolutely just isn't.

News: Ryan played last season with Getzlaf, who is a pretty darned good passer, and Perry, who isn't bad at it himself. Playing alongside these two all-stars, he scored the full-season equivalent of 20 goals.

Datsyuk is a brilliant player, but he can't do actual sorcery, and he can't motivate lazy players to pick up their game.

He his hard hitting and will fight. Also far younger and better than franzen. Its not even a comparision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He his hard hitting and will fight. Also far younger and better than franzen. Its not even a comparision.

According to Hockey fights, he gotten into 1 a year in NHL regular season for the last 4 years. I think Tatar gets into more fights in the minors. 6 in his 3 AHL regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL on 2 fronts. First the rumors. They will fly.

Now for those dissing on Ryan, you all are just plan crazy! Why in the world would anyone want a 26 year old forward who's typical year is 30-35 goals with 120-150 hits. That is just crazy talk. He is all of 2 years older than Nyquist. Think about that. He has MORE 30 goals seasons than Franzen 4 to 1, more 30 goal seasons that Datsyuk 4 to 3, and the same number of 30 goal seasons as Zetterberg 4 to 4. he would be our best offensive player the day he was here. he would be our second best hitter after Abby as well.

A top line of Abby-Datsyk-Ryan would be flat out awesome! Over a full season where everyone is healthy that line would score us 80+ goals. A true top line.

All that being said, never happen.

amato and Dominator2005 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on his track record, yes. His rumors lack substance 95% of the time, and the remaining 5% are almost certainly lucky guesses.

Heh, I almost wish this would happen just to see your reaction. Are you aware that Ryan is just like Franzen in his inconsistency and oft-laziness, but even more expensive?

I really don't get this idea that Ryan is a hardworking, hard-hitting scoring machine. He absolutely just isn't.

News: Ryan played last season with Getzlaf, who is a pretty darned good passer, and Perry, who isn't bad at it himself. Playing alongside these two all-stars, he scored the full-season equivalent of 20 goals.

Datsyuk is a brilliant player, but he can't do actual sorcery, and he can't motivate lazy players to pick up their game.

That is flat out wrong. Go look at their careers. An average Ryan year is 30-35 goals with 120-150 hits. An average Franzen year is around 27 goals with 90 hits or so. So Yes Ryan is better on both fronts, which is why he makes 1 million more per year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He his hard hitting and will fight. Also far younger and better than franzen. Its not even a comparision.

Wrong again. He has had exactly one fight per NHL season he's played in, and his list of highlight hits is rather short; just like Franzen, he throws the occasional big hit. He's younger than Franzen, yes, but their level of production is similar.

Your image of Ryan as a hard-driving power forward is inaccurate. Just ask Ducks fans. They'll tell you that he's prone to fits of inconsistency and definite laziness.

Now for those dissing on Ryan, you all are just plan crazy! Why in the world would anyone want a 26 year old forward who's typical year is 30-35 goals with 120-150 hits. That is just crazy talk. He is all of 2 years older than Nyquist. Think about that. He has MORE 30 goals seasons than Franzen 4 to 1, more 30 goal seasons that Datsyuk 4 to 3, and the same number of 30 goal seasons as Zetterberg 4 to 4. he would be our best offensive player the day he was here. he would be our second best hitter after Abby as well.

It's a bit odd for you to be calling us "just plain crazy" when it's evident that you don't know much about the guy. Calling him a power forward is a stretch, as the average Ducks fan will tell you. They will also tell you that his play has slowed down since he signed his big-money contract.

Sorry to break it to you, but Ryan is not a Shanahan type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong again. He has had exactly one fight per NHL season he's played in, and his list of highlight hits is rather short; just like Franzen, he throws the occasional big hit. He's younger than Franzen, yes, but their level of production is similar.

Your image of Ryan as a hard-driving power forward is inaccurate. Just ask Ducks fans. They'll tell you that he's prone to fits of inconsistency and definite laziness.

It's a bit odd for you to be calling us "just plain crazy" when it's evident that you don't know much about the guy. Calling him a power forward is a stretch, as the average Ducks fan will tell you. They will also tell you that his play has slowed down since he signed his big-money contract.

Sorry to break it to you, but Ryan is not a Shanahan type.

You are actually listening to Ducks fans about hockey? yes one should question your sanity. Let's take a look shall we?

2009/10 Ryan's last year before his contract. he played 81 games, scored 35 goals, and had 127 hits.

2010/11: played 82 games, scored 34 goals and had 156 hits. Drop off? hell no. He played better if anything.

2011/12: played 82 games, 31 goals, and had 113 hits. Again, no big change. Keep in mind he played every game with rumors swirling about him from HIS GM.

2012/13: played 46, scored 11 goals, and had 80 hits. Over 82 games he would have had 20 goals and 143 hits. Now if you wish to hang your hat on his goals for this year, feel free. But he did have the same number as Zetterberg. But 4 times as many hits.

BTW Shanny-in the years that records are available on NHL.COM never averaged a hit per game. he was closer to Perry. Goals and fights. For their careers, Shanny averaged 35 goals per 82 games played. Ryan averages 32 goals per 82 games played. Just for reference, Franzen averages 26 goals per 82 games played. Just for fun, Ryan makes about 20% more money than Franzen. What is 20% more than 26 goals? 31. So Ryan is scoring ABOVE his cost difference. Hate all you want, but Ryan is much better than Franzen and pretty darn close to what Shanny used to give us.

I prefer goals and hits. Not that I am against fighting, far from it. But what good is a top scorer in the PB for 5-15 mins? None. Let the 3rd and 4yh line guys do the fighting. Top 2 lines are for scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are actually listening to Ducks fans about hockey? yes one should question your sanity. Let's take a look shall we?

Yeah, because what would they know about Ryan's play? Why not disregard what they say about his actual play and draw conclusions entirely on the basis of statistics instead?

That's an odd way of thinking.

Edited by Crymson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, because what would they know about Ryan's play? Why not disregard what they say about his actual play and draw conclusions entirely on the basis of statistics instead?

That's an odd way of thinking.

Because they don't know the game and thus are wrong. Anyone that has followed hockey knows all goal scorers go into slumps. Same thing is true for most players in most sports. very very few don't.

Now I am under no illusions about Ryan coming here. Doubt it ever happens. But to pick up a 26 year old-just entering the prime years of his career, RH shooting RW, that is 6-2/210+ and averages 32 goals and 120+ hits, would be freaking awesome!

The Duck fans can hate all they want. But there is far more positives with Ryan than there are negatives. if the Ducks are dumb enough to move him, that is their mistake. let's not forget, they have him playing his off side and not his natural position most of the time.

if the RW were somehow able to get him-again I doubt it happens, I would lock him up for 8 years 48 million the same day. over the next 8 years I have 0 doubt that he would score us 250+ goals. Is there another forward in our system under 27 that we can expect the same thing from? No. Are their 2 guys combined that are able to produce that level of production? Doubtful.

Edited by Richdg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0