Ryan at 5.1 million or Flip at 5.5 million. Hmmm
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#23 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Wrong again. He has had exactly one fight per NHL season he's played in, and his list of highlight hits is rather short; just like Franzen, he throws the occasional big hit. He's younger than Franzen, yes, but their level of production is similar.

Your image of Ryan as a hard-driving power forward is inaccurate. Just ask Ducks fans. They'll tell you that he's prone to fits of inconsistency and definite laziness.

It's a bit odd for you to be calling us "just plain crazy" when it's evident that you don't know much about the guy. Calling him a power forward is a stretch, as the average Ducks fan will tell you. They will also tell you that his play has slowed down since he signed his big-money contract.

Sorry to break it to you, but Ryan is not a Shanahan type.

You are actually listening to Ducks fans about hockey? yes one should question your sanity. Let's take a look shall we?

2009/10 Ryan's last year before his contract. he played 81 games, scored 35 goals, and had 127 hits.

2010/11: played 82 games, scored 34 goals and had 156 hits. Drop off? hell no. He played better if anything.

2011/12: played 82 games, 31 goals, and had 113 hits. Again, no big change. Keep in mind he played every game with rumors swirling about him from HIS GM.

2012/13: played 46, scored 11 goals, and had 80 hits. Over 82 games he would have had 20 goals and 143 hits. Now if you wish to hang your hat on his goals for this year, feel free. But he did have the same number as Zetterberg. But 4 times as many hits.

BTW Shanny-in the years that records are available on NHL.COM never averaged a hit per game. he was closer to Perry. Goals and fights. For their careers, Shanny averaged 35 goals per 82 games played. Ryan averages 32 goals per 82 games played. Just for reference, Franzen averages 26 goals per 82 games played. Just for fun, Ryan makes about 20% more money than Franzen. What is 20% more than 26 goals? 31. So Ryan is scoring ABOVE his cost difference. Hate all you want, but Ryan is much better than Franzen and pretty darn close to what Shanny used to give us.

I prefer goals and hits. Not that I am against fighting, far from it. But what good is a top scorer in the PB for 5-15 mins? None. Let the 3rd and 4yh line guys do the fighting. Top 2 lines are for scoring.

#24 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

You are actually listening to Ducks fans about hockey? yes one should question your sanity. Let's take a look shall we?

Yeah, because what would they know about Ryan's play? Why not disregard what they say about his actual play and draw conclusions entirely on the basis of statistics instead?

That's an odd way of thinking.

Edited by Crymson, 24 June 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#25 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, because what would they know about Ryan's play? Why not disregard what they say about his actual play and draw conclusions entirely on the basis of statistics instead?

That's an odd way of thinking.

Because they don't know the game and thus are wrong. Anyone that has followed hockey knows all goal scorers go into slumps. Same thing is true for most players in most sports. very very few don't.

Now I am under no illusions about Ryan coming here. Doubt it ever happens. But to pick up a 26 year old-just entering the prime years of his career, RH shooting RW, that is 6-2/210+ and averages 32 goals and 120+ hits, would be freaking awesome!

The Duck fans can hate all they want. But there is far more positives with Ryan than there are negatives. if the Ducks are dumb enough to move him, that is their mistake. let's not forget, they have him playing his off side and not his natural position most of the time.

if the RW were somehow able to get him-again I doubt it happens, I would lock him up for 8 years 48 million the same day. over the next 8 years I have 0 doubt that he would score us 250+ goals. Is there another forward in our system under 27 that we can expect the same thing from? No. Are their 2 guys combined that are able to produce that level of production? Doubtful.

Edited by Richdg, 24 June 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#26 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Ryan at 5.1 million or Flip at 5.5 million. Hmmm

I'm not a huge fan of Ryan on Detroit, but yes... I'd take him over Flip. I think he better addresses what we could use in our top 6 more than Val. That being said, I really see him going to Philly.

#27 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Last thoughts about Ryan the player, not the chances of him going anywhere. In the last 4 full seasons 2008/9 through 2011/12 there have been 36 times that a forward has had 25 goals and 120 hits in the same year. Only 6 guys have done it more than once: ovechkin 4 times, Lucic 2 times, Cole 2 times, Backes 2 times, Richards 2 times, and Ryan 2 times. The others that have done it once: Callahan, Clarkson, Simmons, Iginla, Brown, Franzen-yes he did do it once, Doan, Setoguchi, Marrow, Nash, Latendresse, Neal, Malone, Tkachuk, Hartnell, Kunitz, E Kane, Benn, Kesler, Fisher, Ruutu, and getzlaf. That is it. For those not paying attention, that is just about every "power forward" in the game.

#28 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

Why are you even posting anything by Eklund here?

#29 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

The Fourth Period is claiming it, too.

Posted Image

#30 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

The Fourth Period is claiming it, too.

"The Ducks are primarily in the market for a second line center and a top-four defenseman."

maybe the wings do have a slight chance if this is true..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

"The Ducks are primarily in the market for a second line center and a top-four defenseman."

maybe the wings do have a slight chance if this is true..

The Wings have neither a second-line center nor a top-four defenseman to offer.

#32 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Supposively ducks are asking for coburn and the 11th for ryan. Not sure what would be a similiar trade from us.

#33 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Supposively ducks are asking for coburn and the 11th for ryan. Not sure what would be a similiar trade from us.

Ericsson and the 18th?