25 replies to this topic

#21 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

worst thing the axe has ever said

Sorry. Just throwing it out there to see if people like 7 months of NHL or 9 months.

#22 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Sorry I don't care if it's the middle of July. I'd watch hockey 12 months out of the year.

#23 midnightpulp

midnightpulp

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell

No sarcasm at all..

no one has to listen to me, though. I'm a baseball fan first and foremost.. but I do enjoy watching decent hockey.

#24 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

No sarcasm at all..

no one has to listen to me, though. I'm a baseball fan first and foremost.. but I do enjoy watching decent hockey.

I personally like it in a normal year. I like hockey baseball and football so they all tie into each other. And I think baseball is too long. So hockey in mid June kinda of shortens the baseball season for me.

#25 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Next thing we know there gonna think hockey in Arizona is the best idea in the world.. oh wait. 

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#26 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Until hockey is 95% the same two positions passing the puck back and forth it wont be baseball. I do agree though that 82 games is a bit much for hockey. But its all about the benjamins. More games = more $$$. I dont mind the number of baseball games since its on par with curling in terms of being physically strenuous. 64-70 is where I think the sweet spot should be for hockey. What would help this is contracting the league of teams where hockey is not supported. 

I'm sorry, curling? Whendo they run in curling, throw balls at 90+ miles an hour (straining shoulders, elbows and other joints) Not saying you have to be a linebacker to play baseball, but is definitely more grueling and physical than curling...