• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Leafs aquire Bernier from LA

Rate this topic

Leafs acquire Jonathan Bernier from the LA Kings for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens and TOR 2nd round pick in either the 2014 or 2015 NHL Draft

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426131

One team out of the Luongo picture.

...but what about Reimer??!!

Goalie controversy to be central focus of this year's Leafs woes?

Edited by e_prime

Leafs acquire Jonathan Bernier from the LA Kings for Matt Frattin, Ben Scrivens and TOR 2nd round pick in either the 2014 or 2015 NHL Draft

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426131

One team out of the Luongo picture.

...but what about Reimer??!!

Goalie controversy to be central focus of this year's Leafs woes?

Wow. Bad trade for both teams. What does Reimer have to do to be considered the #1 guy?! What's the point of trading for Bernier when you have a #1 guy? Kings got robbed too. Bernier should have went NJ, Calgary, or somewhere where he'd be THE (after Marty retires for NJ) guy. Watch Toronto ruin both of their goaltenders. Edited by achildr1

I thought for sure the Wild were gonna get Bernier.

Really surprised that the Leafs landed Bernier.

Some goaltending controversy maybe in Toronto indeed.

I doubt the Wild could justify giving up much in terms of picks/prospects after what they gave up for Pominville.

Reimer is obviously a bit more established but by no means proven. They'll be a good combo and generate some great competition at that position.

One of them is bound to elevate their game to upper-tier status in the next few years.

I doubt the Wild could justify giving up much in terms of picks/prospects after what they gave up for Pominville.

Reimer is obviously a bit more established but by no means proven. They'll be a good combo and generate some great competition at that position.

One of them is bound to elevate their game to upper-tier status in the next few years.

I'm sure that's what the Leaf's organization and fans are thinking.

Good we'll be seeing both of them a lot very soon.

Leafs are my pick to win next year. Wings the year after.

Wow. Little early for that I think. With Phaneuf and Kessel leading the way?! Even if Kadri lights it up and Bernier is good, I highly doubt they are even close.

Guest The Axe

Wow. Little early for that I think. With Phaneuf and Kessel leading the way?! Even if Kadri lights it up and Bernier is good, I highly doubt they are even close.

I got a hundo on them at 45 to 1. Just like Chicago/Rangers/Detroit and almost Montreal now, its been to long. The league seems to give the little nudges (refs) to the teams that havent won in a while. You can blow them off and say they dont matter, but a penalty shot vs a 2 minute penalty can cause a game that possibly would have been tied at the end of regulation to turn into a one goal loss. 6 power plays vs. 2 power plays can completely take away one team's 5 on 5 advantage. Officiating is HUGE in a Stanley Cup run. I think Bettman will see to it that Toronto gets what they need (if anything) next year.

Where does Frattin fit in with Los Angeles? Will he take Penner's spot if he bails?

Also, are the Leafs moving Frattin anticipating bringing Clarkson in?

I'm sure Leafs management and their fans would love that. They always can bring back MaCarthur if they don't land Clarkson. Assuming he's still around...

I saw the Leafs play the Sens when they were in town this year and Reimer looked like a good little goalie. I remember when the Leafs always seemed to have rock star goalie's that they piggy backed on and we used to pick them up after they had been shell shocked and fried... Poor Reimer and poor Bernier they'll have to compete for a spot on the Toronto Titanic

Honestly, I'm not sure about this move for the Leafs. Scrivens is spare parts, but I think Frattin's got a lot of offensive potential. The bigger issue is obviously the goalie controversy it creates. It's gotta be pretty deflating for Reimer to see someone brought in like that.

I got a hundo on them at 45 to 1. Just like Chicago/Rangers/Detroit and almost Montreal now, its been to long. The league seems to give the little nudges (refs) to the teams that havent won in a while. You can blow them off and say they dont matter, but a penalty shot vs a 2 minute penalty can cause a game that possibly would have been tied at the end of regulation to turn into a one goal loss. 6 power plays vs. 2 power plays can completely take away one team's 5 on 5 advantage. Officiating is HUGE in a Stanley Cup run. I think Bettman will see to it that Toronto gets what they need (if anything) next year.

Chicago and Boston final... Right, two teams that haven't won in a while...

Guest DeGraa55

To me it doesn't make sense. I thought reimer was doing great for the leafs.

i pick the wings next year. dekeyser, helm and tatar will get us over the hump

bad trade for both teams. kings should have got more, leafs dont need bernier

I honestly think that Wings next year are a huge X factor. We are either going to dominate Eastern conference playstyle and take them by surprise in regular season play, or we are going to get crushed... 50/50 chances. I think there is no middle ground. We either are near conference leaders in points or we might miss our first playoff year and break streak (and I will have to add more asterisks like this year because of the unbalanced 16/14 team thing)

Guest mjtm77

^^

Hope I'm wrong but IMO if we don't add a GOOD top 6 forward I think we will be missing the playoffs. I know we played decent this year in the playoffs. (Being a transition year) But playing an 80 plus game season next year some Injuries are gunna happen. I don't think we have the talent to overcome them. Dats, zetts being an older age are prob gunna both sit out some time due to an injury. That's something in hockey that just happens. Also put stats aside dats looked like he lost a big step in his game (hopefully just injured) and that's not gunna be good for this team Next year. I guess here's to hoping the rookies have a great year and we find our way into the playoffs. to me, without adding a quality forward it's looking like we may miss the playoffs for the first time in for ever. But who knows...... I think tho it's time for Kenny to strike on a deal. The clock is ticking

^^

Hope I'm wrong but IMO if we don't add a GOOD top 6 forward I think we will be missing the playoffs. I know we played decent this year in the playoffs. (Being a transition year) But playing an 80 plus game season next year some Injuries are gunna happen. I don't think we have the talent to overcome them. Dats, zetts being an older age are prob gunna both sit out some time due to an injury. That's something in hockey that just happens. Also put stats aside dats looked like he lost a big step in his game (hopefully just injured) and that's not gunna be good for this team Next year. I guess here's to hoping the rookies have a great year and we find our way into the playoffs. to me, without adding a quality forward it's looking like we may miss the playoffs for the first time in for ever. But who knows...... I think tho it's time for Kenny to strike on a deal. The clock is ticking

If this year was an 82 game season, I think we would have made the playoffs easily. We were clearly rolling at the end and I see no reason why that wouldn't continue for 20+ more games. They just seemed to find their game there at the end. Abby realized his role wasn't to be a top liner, but rather to create space for his linemates. The rookie line came together and created huge mismatches for other teams trying to match lines. Howard became an absolute stud and everyone started getting healthy again. Also, helm would have come back, which would have been a huge boost.

Change nothing and let Tatar play and we have a cup contender.

As far as the bernier trade goes, I think the kings robbed the leafs. Bernier isn't exactly a sure thing, and scrivens will be a great backup to quick. Frattin has pretty good potential as well

Edited by wingsfan4795

^^

You know datsyuk had the best two highlght reel goals of the year right, and he lead the team in goals, points, gwg and +/- all the while carrying 3rd and 4th liners on his back...

^^

We played through more injuries the last 2 seasons than I would have thought possible, and very few of them were to guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Being older doesn't really make you more succeptible to injury. It does cause you to slow down, but these guys are still professional athletes in top physical condition and they're only in their early 30's.

The Wings will also have far less travel, a division with more weak teams in it and in a conference that has a more wide open offensive style to it that suits their game.

I expect them to have a very good debut back in the Eastern Conference.