#21 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

i pick the wings next year. dekeyser, helm and tatar will get us over the hump

bad trade for both teams. kings should have got more, leafs dont need bernier

I honestly think that Wings next year are a huge X factor. We are either going to dominate Eastern conference playstyle and take them by surprise in regular season play, or we are going to get crushed... 50/50 chances. I think there is no middle ground. We either are near conference leaders in points or we might miss our first playoff year and break streak (and I will have to add more asterisks like this year because of the unbalanced 16/14 team thing)

#22 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

^^
Hope I'm wrong but IMO if we don't add a GOOD top 6 forward I think we will be missing the playoffs. I know we played decent this year in the playoffs. (Being a transition year) But playing an 80 plus game season next year some Injuries are gunna happen. I don't think we have the talent to overcome them. Dats, zetts being an older age are prob gunna both sit out some time due to an injury. That's something in hockey that just happens. Also put stats aside dats looked like he lost a big step in his game (hopefully just injured) and that's not gunna be good for this team Next year. I guess here's to hoping the rookies have a great year and we find our way into the playoffs. to me, without adding a quality forward it's looking like we may miss the playoffs for the first time in for ever. But who knows...... I think tho it's time for Kenny to strike on a deal. The clock is ticking
Posted Image

#23 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

^^
Hope I'm wrong but IMO if we don't add a GOOD top 6 forward I think we will be missing the playoffs. I know we played decent this year in the playoffs. (Being a transition year) But playing an 80 plus game season next year some Injuries are gunna happen. I don't think we have the talent to overcome them. Dats, zetts being an older age are prob gunna both sit out some time due to an injury. That's something in hockey that just happens. Also put stats aside dats looked like he lost a big step in his game (hopefully just injured) and that's not gunna be good for this team Next year. I guess here's to hoping the rookies have a great year and we find our way into the playoffs. to me, without adding a quality forward it's looking like we may miss the playoffs for the first time in for ever. But who knows...... I think tho it's time for Kenny to strike on a deal. The clock is ticking

If this year was an 82 game season, I think we would have made the playoffs easily. We were clearly rolling at the end and I see no reason why that wouldn't continue for 20+ more games. They just seemed to find their game there at the end. Abby realized his role wasn't to be a top liner, but rather to create space for his linemates. The rookie line came together and created huge mismatches for other teams trying to match lines. Howard became an absolute stud and everyone started getting healthy again. Also, helm would have come back, which would have been a huge boost.
Change nothing and let Tatar play and we have a cup contender.

As far as the bernier trade goes, I think the kings robbed the leafs. Bernier isn't exactly a sure thing, and scrivens will be a great backup to quick. Frattin has pretty good potential as well

Edited by wingsfan4795, 25 June 2013 - 04:14 AM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#24 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

babcock doesnt miss the playoffs.

as for the trade, reimer brought the leafs to the playoffs, what more can you ask from someone?

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

^^

You know datsyuk had the best two highlght reel goals of the year right, and he lead the team in goals, points, gwg and +/- all the while carrying 3rd and 4th liners on his back... 

#26 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

^^

We played through more injuries the last 2 seasons than I would have thought possible, and very few of them were to guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Being older doesn't really make you more succeptible to injury. It does cause you to slow down, but these guys are still professional athletes in top physical condition and they're only in their early 30's.

The Wings will also have far less travel, a division with more weak teams in it and in a conference that has a more wide open offensive style to it that suits their game.

I expect them to have a very good debut back in the Eastern Conference.