• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kipwinger

Nyquist or Tatar

Rate this topic

1. Didn't The Powers That Be say a big thing with Tatar not getting the full promotion was they wanted to give him a sort of chip-on-the-shoulder angry-streak? Or somethng?

2. I do agree that Nyquist, Brunner, and Tatar = too samey. I do like Tatar's game, though. He seems to genuinely like going to those hard places and causing damage. We need more of that in our top six. Hell, in our bottom six. And Nyquist was excellent in the playoffs...on a line with Brunner...who was, generally, one of our more effective scorers this season, and who's only going to get better. (Same goes for all three, I guess.)

3. And, y'know, Nyquist, Brunner, Tatar...that's potentially a lot of bang for a (relatively) little buck. If we could get that big scoring winger we need on the first line while keeping all three of these guys (not necessarily all in top-six roles), that'd be a pretty lethal forward corps.

Tatar and Nyquist are very different players, as is Brunner. Brunner's defensive play is the poorest of the three and he happens to be the oldest by a large margin. Tatar is most similar to Brunner of the two young guys, although he's a much more 'heart and soul' player. Tatar appears to be similar to Zetterberg in terms of his drive train, passion and ability to elevate his game in the playoffs. Nyquist reminds me more of Datsyuk in terms of the way he plays the game. You can argue all you want about 'small euros' but the fact remains that there are 29 other teams who would kill to get Datsyuk or Zetterberg. I honestly think Nyquist and Tatar can be the next iteration of the euro-twins, albeit without as much top-end skill (although how many of us really knew Dats or Z would be MVP quality players when they were 22 years old?). I think it's reasonable to estimate that Tatar and Nyquist can be players who put numbers up like Hudler and Filppula did in Detroit.

We have many reasons to be enthusiastic about the future guys, no need to even consider trading that away before we have a chance to see it all out.

Tatar and Nyquist are very different players, as is Brunner. Brunner's defensive play is the poorest of the three and he happens to be the oldest by a large margin. Tatar is most similar to Brunner of the two young guys, although he's a much more 'heart and soul' player. Tatar appears to be similar to Zetterberg in terms of his drive train, passion and ability to elevate his game in the playoffs. Nyquist reminds me more of Datsyuk in terms of the way he plays the game. You can argue all you want about 'small euros' but the fact remains that there are 29 other teams who would kill to get Datsyuk or Zetterberg. I honestly think Nyquist and Tatar can be the next iteration of the euro-twins, albeit without as much top-end skill (although how many of us really knew Dats or Z would be MVP quality players when they were 22 years old?). I think it's reasonable to estimate that Tatar and Nyquist can be players who put numbers up like Hudler and Filppula did in Detroit.

We have many reasons to be enthusiastic about the future guys, no need to even consider trading that away before we have a chance to see it all out.

Agreed, but the point of the thread was to determine who you would trade IF you had to, and why.

Nyquist is not getting bigger. Tatar is. Our last goal against came from Nyquist getting bumped off the puck. Now the team that scored it is cup champs. Gotta get tougher as a team. Bye bye Gus.

Hudler use to get knocked off the puck all the time and I think Gus as more upswing