• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Nyquist is not getting bigger. Tatar is. Our last goal against came from Nyquist getting bumped off the puck. Now the team that scored it is cup champs. Gotta get tougher as a team. Bye bye Gus.

#42 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Nyquist is not getting bigger. Tatar is. Our last goal against came from Nyquist getting bumped off the puck. Now the team that scored it is cup champs. Gotta get tougher as a team. Bye bye Gus.

If Z or Dats were on the cusp of retiring I'd say keep Nyquist, but given that they'll be around a few years I say move him for a scorer or top flight defenseman. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#43 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

The thing people don't get is we have enough defense prospects. We won't be trading for a d man
Posted Image

#44 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

Tatar is faster, stronger, tougher and grittier than Hudler and more of a shooter.

and 3.0 would imply upgrade, no? Maybe not in this case but id like to think of Tatar as a better huds.. similar role, better player. We'll see when he's up full time.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#45 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

If Z or Dats were on the cusp of retiring I'd say keep Nyquist, but given that they'll be around a few years I say move him for a scorer or top flight defenseman. 

If Nyquist stayed in the AHL this past season he was the leagues leading scorer (the leader was Pirri with 76 games played & 75 points, Nyquist played 58 games and had 60 points).  When was the last time one of our prospects was atop the AHL leader board?   Gus also reminded me a lot of the magic man this year with the big club, the vision he has and way he moves out there, it seems like a no brainer that he's the real deal.  THEN Tatar in the Calder playoffs lights it up nets 16 goals and 5 assists in 24 games showing we have two elite studs about to suit up (hopefully) for the Wings this coming season but for some reason we want to trade one of them?  Pavs here for four years, Gus is my hope at the moment for taking the torch from him.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#46 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Both
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

They are so close talent-wise. It comes down to Tatar's aggressive goal scoring and playing much bigger than he is against Nyquist's superior playmaking and better defense. I'm not too worried about having Brunner, Tatar, and Nyquist. Tatar doesn't play small, Nyquist has a well rounded game and Brunner is dedicated to improve his game in every area.

A line off tatar - nyquist - brunner just made me drool a bit :)

Right, let's get rid of a rookie cause he bumped off a puck by the presidents trophy/stanley cup champions even though he showed very good potential. Remember how small dats was when he started in the nhl? I bet you wanted to trade him off too, but hey at least we have "emdog" right...

EDIT: if it wasn't for goose, we don't beat anaheim, and we don't even make it to game 7 against chicago, he wasn't the only one who got bumped off a puck in that series

Edited by Euro_Twins, 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#48 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Seeing the two on the ice together (which I did; several times regular season and playoffs), I'd pick Nyquist over Tatar. From the defensive zone to the offensive, Nyquist controlled the play. Better skater, better puck handling skills, better playmaker. Also showed great patience on the ice. AHL regular season stats showed Tatar and Nyquist as having same amount of goals, yet Nyquist played fewer games. He also had quite a few more assists and spent less time in the box.

#49 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

A line off tatar - nyquist - brunner just made me drool a bit :)

Right, let's get rid of a rookie cause he bumped off a puck by the presidents trophy/stanley cup champions even though he showed very good potential. Remember how small dats was when he started in the nhl? I bet you wanted to trade him off too, but hey at least we have "emdog" right...

EDIT: if it wasn't for goose, we don't beat anaheim, and we don't even make it to game 7 against chicago, he wasn't the only one who got bumped off a puck in that series

Im just saying that Gus needs to be 195 to 205 lbs quick. Kindl, Emdog, Tatar - these guys are hitting the weightroom. And thats why they are getting tougher to play against.

#50 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Im just saying that Gus needs to be 195 to 205 lbs quick. Kindl, Emdog, Tatar - these guys are hitting the weightroom. And thats why they are getting tougher to play against.

I'm sure he'll remember that moment and want to get bigger and better and smarter. Nobody wants to be the dude that costs their team an OT Game 7 goal on national TV.

#51 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

both nuff said these two are studs and both ready to be another pavs-zetty 1-2

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#52 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

1. Didn't The Powers That Be say a big thing with Tatar not getting the full promotion was they wanted to give him a sort of chip-on-the-shoulder angry-streak? Or somethng?

2. I do agree that Nyquist, Brunner, and Tatar = too samey. I do like Tatar's game, though. He seems to genuinely like going to those hard places and causing damage. We need more of that in our top six. Hell, in our bottom six. And Nyquist was excellent in the playoffs...on a line with Brunner...who was, generally, one of our more effective scorers this season, and who's only going to get better. (Same goes for all three, I guess.)

3. And, y'know, Nyquist, Brunner, Tatar...that's potentially a lot of bang for a (relatively) little buck. If we could get that big scoring winger we need on the first line while keeping all three of these guys (not necessarily all in top-six roles), that'd be a pretty lethal forward corps.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#53 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Tatar and Nyquist are very different players, as is Brunner.  Brunner's defensive play is the poorest of the three and he happens to be the oldest by a large margin.  Tatar is most similar to Brunner of the two young guys, although he's a much more 'heart and soul' player.  Tatar appears to be similar to Zetterberg in terms of his drive train, passion and ability to elevate his game in the playoffs.  Nyquist reminds me more of Datsyuk in terms of the way he plays the game.  You can argue all you want about 'small euros' but the fact remains that there are 29 other teams who would kill to get Datsyuk or Zetterberg.  I honestly think Nyquist and Tatar can be the next iteration of the euro-twins, albeit without as much top-end skill (although how many of us really knew Dats or Z would be MVP quality players when they were 22 years old?).  I think it's reasonable to estimate that Tatar and Nyquist can be players who put numbers up like Hudler and Filppula did in Detroit.

We have many reasons to be enthusiastic about the future guys, no need to even consider trading that away before we have a chance to see it all out.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#54 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Tatar and Nyquist are very different players, as is Brunner.  Brunner's defensive play is the poorest of the three and he happens to be the oldest by a large margin.  Tatar is most similar to Brunner of the two young guys, although he's a much more 'heart and soul' player.  Tatar appears to be similar to Zetterberg in terms of his drive train, passion and ability to elevate his game in the playoffs.  Nyquist reminds me more of Datsyuk in terms of the way he plays the game.  You can argue all you want about 'small euros' but the fact remains that there are 29 other teams who would kill to get Datsyuk or Zetterberg.  I honestly think Nyquist and Tatar can be the next iteration of the euro-twins, albeit without as much top-end skill (although how many of us really knew Dats or Z would be MVP quality players when they were 22 years old?).  I think it's reasonable to estimate that Tatar and Nyquist can be players who put numbers up like Hudler and Filppula did in Detroit.

We have many reasons to be enthusiastic about the future guys, no need to even consider trading that away before we have a chance to see it all out.

Agreed, but the point of the thread was to determine who you would trade IF you had to, and why.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#55 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hudler use to get knocked off the puck all the time and I think Gus as more upswing
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1