aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

*not a significant source of value

#22 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

On topic, what do you guys think about a potential Filppula rights trade to Columbus for a low pick? Columbus's new GM was Val's GM during the lockout in Finland. I think Jarmo will be making some waves. 

Win-win.  Either we get something for Flip or the threat of going to Columbus causes him to bring down his asking price to a much more palatable level.

#23 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Win-win.  Either we get something for Flip or the threat of going to Columbus causes him to bring down his asking price to a much more palatable level.

He can always just bail on Columbus come July 5th.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#24 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

What exactly do people feel the value of Tatar + 47th overall pick is?

What would YOU expect that to get? Because I sure think it would have a ton of value.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#25 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

What would YOU expect that to get? Because I sure think it would have a ton of value.

Jamal Mayers: Stanley Cup Champion TM

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#26 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

a 30th overall pick...

#27 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Without trying to come up with any actual names I'd assume that would get you a very good middle 6 forward or a 2nd pairing defenceman. Its not enough for a top pairing Defender or for a top line forward, that would likely cost us another good prospect like Sproul, Mrazek, Jarnkrok or Ouelette or our 1st round pick.

#28 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

a 30th overall pick...

I don't disagree with you as it is expensive to move up in the draft, but I was referring more to adding a roster player.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't disagree with you as it is expensive to move up in the draft, but I was referring more to adding a roster player.

A third line center/winger. Tatar has potential but he doesn't have enough experience for  any other team to give us a top 6 player for him, too big of a risk

#30 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Am I the only one who absolutely does NOT want to trade Tatar?  As in under no circumstances should Tatar be traded because he hasn't even had one full year in the NHL to show all that he's got?  I don't understand why anyone would want to trade away so much homegrown potential.  

Trade/buy out the "fat", pick up an FA or two who can play a nice supporting role on this team to Hank and Pav and keep our youth and let that benefit us in the future (a la Hank, Pav, etc).  

If anything, Kenny can use some of his plethora of defensive prospects as trade bait.  

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#31 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

The guys Holland seems to want to make available (Emmerton, Tootoo) won't get much in return, maybe a late-round pick, but would clear valuable roster space for guys who need to be here.  Both would probably end up being extra forwards next year anyway.

As for free agents, Bryan Bickell (not Bickel... Stu is a Rangers' defenseman) has one good playoff run, that's IT.  Plenty of guys have had one hot playoff and then disappeared.  John Druce, Chris Kontos, Fernando Pisani.  How about Johan Franzen?  Do we want to risk having another guy like that on a big contract?

Am I the only one who absolutely does NOT want to trade Tatar?  As in under no circumstances should Tatar be traded because he hasn't even had one full year in the NHL to show all that he's got?  I don't understand why anyone would want to trade away so much homegrown potential.  

Trade/buy out the "fat", pick up an FA or two who can play a nice supporting role on this team to Hank and Pav and keep our youth and let that benefit us in the future (a la Hank, Pav, etc).  

If anything, Kenny can use some of his plethora of defensive prospects as trade bait.  

I want to keep him here too.  I really like what he brings to the table, especially his drive.  I think he's even more motivated after being sent down to GR again, despite being one of the Wings' best forwards when he was here.  IMO he has more value in a Wings' uniform than in a trade.

#32 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

It depends on what you want to add.

If you're just looking for depth than you can trade the "fat" but if we want a top line forward or a top pairing defenceman, its going to cost us some very good prospects going the other way.

I think Nyquist would be the more intriguing player with his AHL performance and his play in the NHL playoffs but Tatar had a strong Calder Cup run and played well in his short NHL stint...he might be a target as well. 

Our Defensive prospects could be the piece that gets added to the deal to make it work, but I think most teams would want someone who has at least shown he can play in the NHL before they'd give up a top line player.

#33 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Thank you.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#34 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Without trying to come up with any actual names I'd assume that would get you a very good middle 6 forward or a 2nd pairing defenceman. Its not enough for a top pairing Defender or for a top line forward, that would likely cost us another good prospect like Sproul, Mrazek, Jarnkrok or Ouelette or our 1st round pick.

I agree with you for the most part. I would hope that additional prospect would be a Ferraro or Athanasiou but that may be wishful thinking.

A third line center/winger. Tatar has potential but he doesn't have enough experience for  any other team to give us a top 6 player for him, too big of a risk

I disagree especially in this offseason. Picks and young talent are at an all-time high with teams struggling to get under the cap and find solid financial footing

I just don't see Tatar, Nyquist and Brunner on the roster together. Brunner's a UFA and I'd take Nyquist over Tatar.

Vince Lombardi

#35 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

How about Johan Franzen?  Do we want to risk having another guy like that on a big contract?

Definitely not as far as term is concerned but if we could get another player for less than 4 million a season who puts up 50-60 pts a year and 25-30 goals I'd personally drive to the airport to pick him up.

#36 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

theres gonna be desperate teams out there looking to shed salary and alot of buyouts  theres gonna be good options and zero reason why we should give up on a tatar or nyquist or any top prospect nobody is gonna get rid of a bonafide star and im over getting someone like yandle i like the 6 d unit we got now with dekeyser coming and our defensive prospects in the farm

unless its a ufa we dont touch our guys

#37 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

I agree; I DO NOT want to trade away Mr. Butterfield.  That boy's got jump, and I luved the playoff Gordie Howe Hat Trick.  Tatar brings it.

#38 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Definitely not as far as term is concerned but if we could get another player for less than 4 million a season who puts up 50-60 pts a year and 25-30 goals I'd personally drive to the airport to pick him up.

Based on the term of the deal, I think everyone (management and fans) expected more like 35-40 goals and 75-80 points, at least for a few years.  That hasn't happened, and what production has come has been feast-or-famine to the extreme.  Plus, with Bickell, there's no guarantee he won't stay in the 10-15 goal, 25-35 point range.  It's a total crapshoot, for sure.

#39 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

I guess I just have concerns that 6 of our top 9 forwards are going to be under 6' and see Tatar as one of the few roster assets that would we would possibly trade with value.

Especially considering Holland's desire to get a little bigger.

Vince Lombardi

#40 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I knew Tootoo was gone. I've had that feeling for weeks and it's sad to see, but I can't help feeling after all Holland and Babs said about the importance of the role Tootoo plays we won't join the Eastern Conference without finding a suitable replacement.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with Tootoo. He takes less bad penalties than most players on our team and has reasonable production. There's still hope though, but not much.

Sad.

Edited by uk_redwing, 25 June 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights