• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

Blum would be a nice option if the Preds shop his rights. He is a young RHD. We could send back Filppula's rights (they could use a center of his quality) and some picks?

Thoughts?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#62 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

http://video.tsn.ca/...0/954249/clip/0

Button's last mock draft,,,can live with the Wings pick

Guess you traded Dekeyser?

Nope. Just forgot him. Damn we are deep.

#63 MileHighWingsGuy

MileHighWingsGuy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

If you thought Detroit played "a nice physical series with him out of the lineup", then you need to get those prescriptions checked. I think I saw Abdelkader deliver a few big checks, but outside of him, nothing. Tootoo should have played in the playoffs, and will be a valuable asset next season.  It's hard to win playing soft hockey, especially in the East, as much as Holland would have you believe otherwise. It's a physical game. Detroit would be wise to try and find that balance they had in the 90's, like Chicago has now. 

Bickell is going to demand more money than he's worth, and I don't see Holland going after Clarkson, as much as I would like to see him in a Wings uniform next season. I hope I'm wrong, but this is Holland we're talking about...

Detroit played physical enough to win the Hawks series and the Cup. Tootoo was where he belonged for most of the series and playing him wouldn't have won anymore games. Get some big scoring bodies down low. Tootoo, Samuelson, Bertuzzi and Emerton are all expendable. I have the same faith in Holland you do, I could have lived without his free agency class last year for sure.

RedWing fan behind enemy lines

#64 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

Im fine with parting ways with Flip, Cleary, Brunner, Bert, Sammy, Tootoo, Colo, and White. Use Buyouts, Trades, Retirements, whatever. Just wipe the slate clean of them and the 17+ mil they come with.

Z-Dats-Franzen
Nyquist-Helm-Abdelkader
Tatar-Andersson-Eaves
Miller-Emdog-Sheahan
Pulks-Jurco

Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-Smith
Kindl-Lashoff
Almquist

Howard
Gustavsson

I like that line up and an extra 10 mil to spend at some point then having all that excess garbage.

That forward depth is awful.  Team wouldnt be close to making the playoffs.  Also Helm will never be a 2C and is closer to a 4C at this point.

Posted Image

#65 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

Emmerton and Tootoo are essentially worthless in trades, unless used as a make-weight as part of a bigger trade.  Bert has an NTC and can't be compliance bought out because he makes <$3M

I don't understand trading Colo unless its part of a package for a better defenceman (eg Yandle).  He's a good player with a low cap hit.  If we trade him and don't get another d-man back, then Lashoff becomes our 7D *shudders*

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#66 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

That forward depth is awful.  Team wouldnt be close to making the playoffs.  Also Helm will never be a 2C and is closer to a 4C at this point.

Ya know - this made me think (pretty rare :lol:)

How much different is a 'healthy' Helm when compared to Filppula?

Filppula was a 30 to 40 pts guy, and decent defensively...I'd say Helm is better defensively - however can he reach 30 to 40 pts with extra ice time? I think he could.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#67 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Emmerton and Tootoo are essentially worthless in trades, unless used as a make-weight as part of a bigger trade.  Bert has an NTC and can't be compliance bought out because he makes <$3M

I don't understand trading Colo unless its part of a package for a better defenceman (eg Yandle).  He's a good player with a low cap hit.  If we trade him and don't get another d-man back, then Lashoff becomes our 7D *shudders*

The salary restriction on compliance buyouts was only in effect prior to the start of last season. There is no longer any such restriction.

#68 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I got news fpr you - thats our team. Our forward depth has been poor for a long time. At least we have a gripload of cash/capspace to use with my line-up.

#69 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Filppula was a 30 to 40 pts guy, and decent defensively...I'd say Helm is better defensively - however can he reach 30 to 40 pts with extra ice time? I think he could.

Ha, you missed my epic epiphany on page one.  I say Healthy Helm's speed, jump, and work ethic makes up for the skill descrepency between he and Filp.  He is a perfect fit between Franzen and Zetterberg, and allows Nyq/Andy/Tatar to stay together as an great 3rd line.

Get Dats a big gun to play with, Clarkson-esque, and we've got a great lineup.

Abby/Dats/Clarkson(type)

Franzen/Helm/Zetterberg

Nyq/Andy/Tatar

Miller/Emmy/Eaves(Toots)

Bert

Thats balance, thats compete, thats encouraging. Thats doable.  We can win with that.

#70 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

I got news fpr you - thats our team. Our forward depth has been poor for a long time. At least we have a gripload of cash/capspace to use with my line-up.

I've got news for you.  That's not our team. You conveniently left off 5 signed roster players and two UFAs very likely to be resigned.

If that's what you'd like our team to be that's cool. But don't say "that's our team".

And forward depth was one of our greatest strengths this year with the league-leading injuries totals. Don't know what team you were watching. 

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#71 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

You don't like lashoff? I thought he looked more comfortable on the blueline than some of our other guys. He seemed to have the composure of a vet for most of the season.he struggled in the few playoff games he played, but he had been out of the lineup for weeks at that point

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#72 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ha, you missed my epic epiphany on page one.  I say Healthy Helm's speed, jump, and work ethic makes up for the skill descrepency between he and Filp.  He is a perfect fit between Franzen and Zetterberg, and allows Nyq/Andy/Tatar to stay together as an great 3rd line.

Get Dats a big gun to play with, Clarkson-esque, and we've got a great lineup.

Abby/Dats/Clarkson(type)

Franzen/Helm/Zetterberg

Nyq/Andy/Tatar

Miller/Emmy/Eaves(Toots)

Bert

Thats balance, thats compete, thats encouraging. Thats doable.  We can win with that.

Now I love me some Helm but it seems everyone is forgetting the struggles he has to have his hands catch up with his feet...

If there's one thing Filppula has over Helm is that his hands are far more superior. Helm's skill set is ideal for a 3rd line center. 

He just doesn't have the finishing nor the playmaking ability to be a 2nd line center.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#73 TaRGeT

TaRGeT

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

???? - Kron

E - Smith

Deke - Lash/????

Lash/????

- kron needs a real #1,2 RHD to help out

- E is not a #2 but he's a soild #3,4 and could help smith alot

- deke and lash 1st full year in the nhl cola or another vet could split with them n help them

Right Handed D-Men

Zach Bogosian, WPG
Tyler Myers, BUF
Drew Doughty, LA
P.K. Subban , MTL
Shea Weber, NSH
Adam Larsson, NJD
Alex Pietrangelo, STL
Kevin Shattenkirk, STL
John Carlson, WSH
Kevin Bieksa, VAN
Adam McQuaid, BOS
Cody Franson, TOR
Dan Girardi, NYR
Brent Burns, SJS

others...

TRADE

Kindl

Quincey

Filppula (rights)

Samuelsson ( Accepts trade to play or Buyout and probly not get signed )

1st rounder ( maybe.. with our 3rd if it helps to get really good player and there 2nd )

Emmerton

other people,picks

Posted Image

#74 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Sounds like Andrew Ference will not be back with the Bruins next season. 

A couple of quotes from the Bruins locker room clean out, "Andrew" is of course Ference and "CJ" Claude Julien.

@NHLBruins: Andrew: "with the current cap, Peter's not going to be able to keep me. He's got to resign Tuukka & obviously do his side of the business".

@NHLBruins: CJ on Ference: "we're sitting here knowing that we're not just losing a good player, but a good leader - he's always gone above & beyond".

I'm not terribly familiar with him. Could he be a worthwhile acquistion?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#75 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

Sounds like Andrew Ference will not be back with the Bruins next season. 

A couple of quotes from the Bruins locker room clean out, "Andrew" is of course Ference and "CJ" Claude Julien.

@NHLBruins: Andrew: "with the current cap, Peter's not going to be able to keep me. He's got to resign Tuukka & obviously do his side of the business".

@NHLBruins: CJ on Ference: "we're sitting here knowing that we're not just losing a good player, but a good leader - he's always gone above & beyond".

I'm not terribly familiar with him. Could he be a worthwhile acquistion?

pretty sure he lost a fight to Crosby lol

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#76 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

I knew Tootoo was gone. I've had that feeling for weeks and it's sad to see, but I can't help feeling after all Holland and Babs said about the importance of the role Tootoo plays we won't join the Eastern Conference without finding a suitable replacement.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with Tootoo. He takes less bad penalties than most players on our team and has reasonable production. There's still hope though, but not much.

Sad.

Well if the SCF over the last couple years shows us anything, the East's model doesn't fair too well.

Edited by Shaman464, 26 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#77 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

pretty sure he lost a fight to Crosby lol

:shock:

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#78 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Now I love me some Helm but it seems everyone is forgetting the struggles he has to have his hands catch up with his feet...

If there's one thing Filppula has over Helm is that his hands are far more superior. Helm's skill set is ideal for a 3rd line center. 

He just doesn't have the finishing nor the playmaking ability to be a 2nd line center.

While I hope that I am right and you are wrong, I wish more people on this forum could respectfully counterpoint the way you do. Props.

#79 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

:shock:

hahaha exactly.

http://youtube.com/#...h?v=4ACPLpY4u1s

Edited by amato, 26 June 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#80 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

If you thought Detroit played "a nice physical series with him out of the lineup", then you need to get those prescriptions checked. I think I saw Abdelkader deliver a few big checks, but outside of him, nothing. Tootoo should have played in the playoffs, and will be a valuable asset next season.  It's hard to win playing soft hockey, especially in the East, as much as Holland would have you believe otherwise. It's a physical game. Detroit would be wise to try and find that balance they had in the 90's, like Chicago has now. 

Bickell is going to demand more money than he's worth, and I don't see Holland going after Clarkson, as much as I would like to see him in a Wings uniform next season. I hope I'm wrong, but this is Holland we're talking about...

Bickell isn't the only one that's gonna be overpaid. Most UFAs have gotten and will continue to get contracts that are completely out of line with the player's actual worth and it's the reason the  stupid owner's  feel they need  a lockout each time the CBA expires. UFAs should be avoided like the Bubonic Plague.

I also believe the Wings will regret the day they signed Z and Francine those lifetime contracts. At the time it was probably assumed that both players would retire before the end of the contract and the cap hit would disappear, NOT gonna happen and even in if they play out their contracts neither one will be worth their cap hit the final 3 or 4 years.