• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Trade/Buyout thread

Rate this topic

I'm all for signing Lecavalier, but signing him and cutting Franzen and Flip loose in the same off-season is a net loss for the Wings when it comes to scoring. Franzen would actually be a very good player to line-up with Lecavalier giving us a strong 2nd line.

As far as the FA class is concerned its not a certainty that all those players will hit the market, rights can still be traded, agreements can still be made and when July 1st rolls around I expect that list to look much worse. (Also when I said weak I mean in comparison to Franzen). The guys that will be left will probably be the guys who are looking for contracts similar in length to Franzen's (but for far more money).

There is no Parise or Suter in this years field, there are some risky veterans and a bunch of guys looking for a payday based on a good season or 2. Considering we'd have to buy Franzen out before we can attempt to sign anyone, how angry would everyone be if we bought him out and let Flip go, then failed to land Lecavalier or any of the other better free agents out there?

Ideally for me I'd buyout Sammy, and make sure I left enough room to chase Lecavalier, leave a buyout open for next season and if Franzen declines use the buyout on him then. I see no reason to use it on him this off-season.

For all the bad that comes along with Franzen's contract, he is still our leading scorer more often than not. Lecavalier is not a goal scorer, and anyone we sign to replace Franzen will cost far more, I don't see any reason to buy him out this season.

I'd use only one buyout this year though (Sammy) and save the other for next season in case Franzen's production drops or in the case of Tatar or Nyquist developing into players who can offset the loss of Franzen's goal scoring. Right now, he's still a massive bargain as far as Cap hits are concerned so why not at least keep him one more season.

We know this years Free Agent class is weak, odds are the next one will be too, but it will be the first year until the tighter cap so maybe we see a few better options hit the market next off-season.

The 3 Million threshold was only for the accelerated buyouts used before this off-season. (Gomez and Redden)

Now that we are in the official buyout period there is no salary restrictions on who can be bought out.

Thanks, I wasn't aware it only applied to accelerated buyouts.

For all the bad that comes along with Franzen's contract, he is still our leading scorer more often than not. Lecavalier is not a goal scorer, and anyone we sign to replace Franzen will cost far more, I don't see any reason to buy him out this season.

I'd use only one buyout this year though (Sammy) and save the other for next season in case Franzen's production drops or in the case of Tatar or Nyquist developing into players who can offset the loss of Franzen's goal scoring.

No, I agree, buy out Sammy this week, and Franzen next summer.

The Rangers will not use their remaining compliance buyout this year. So Brad Richards remains in New York, for at least this season.

Pierre LeBrun...

Rangers announce they won't be using their last remaining compliance buyout this year. Which means Brad Richards is safe.

Probably the right move. See how he and the remaining big names on the Blueshirts respond to Vigneault.

Player Team Length Amount

Vincent Lecavalier Tampa Bay 14 $32,666,667

Ilya Bryzgalov Philadelphia 14 $23,000,000

Danny Briere Philadelphia 4 $3,333,333

Tomas Kaberle Montreal 2 $3,000,000

Rostislav Olesz Chicago 2 $2,833,333

Steve Montador Chicago 4 $2,733,333

Here is the list of all players that have currently been bought out and the terms of their buyouts. (From TSN.ca)

55 million for the top 2 alone...yikes.

Edited by FlashyG

I didn't know where to post this, and I haven't seen it anywhere but here is a link to Kenny saying he wants to make at least one trade leading up to the draft. He even suggests making 3-for-1 trades! Its from a couple of days ago...

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det130625.html

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place or if it has been posted before.

tsn said edmonton wants to trade its picks for roster players

emmerton and tootoo for edmonton's 56th pick???

islanders just lost streit so maybe coliacovo for a 6 or 7th??

i think filppula's rights will get dealt to dallas or calgary

bert and sammy are gonna be really tough to get rid of ...maybe bert returns to vanc for a late pick?ducks? maybe colorado or edm as a veteran on the team to help the kids , i cant see anyone wanting sammy

Hillarious that the Canucks are now fielding offers for Schneider..what a total mess that is..they know they can't get anything for Luongo at this point and no one will take that albatross of a contract so it's panic time.

I agree what a total mess in Vancouver.

Vancouver asking for a 1st pick and a prospect?

I dunno....

Edmonton supposedly interested in Schneider?

Horton not re signing with Boston and Seguin on the block...either of those guys would look really good in red and white..wonder what they want for Seguin. as per Bob Mackenzie

Not 100 per cent yet but looks like Nathan Horton will NOT be back with BOS. B's talking trade and Tyler Seguin's name has been discussed.

Edited by puckbags

I just posted that in the rumor section.

I can't believe the Wild are going to get rid of him.

Crash and bang player hits everything in sight.

I know we have no room as of right now but damn

Do like Cal

Seen rumors of the asking price being a 2nd round pick+prospect

Hillarious that the Canucks are now fielding offers for Schneider..what a total mess that is..they know they can't get anything for Luongo at this point and no one will take that albatross of a contract so it's panic time.

Why not just use a compliance buyout on Luongo?

Seen rumors of the asking price being a 2nd round pick+prospect

If that's all for Cal

GET ER DONE KENNY.

Hell give them Emmerton or Eaves or both along with a 2nd and prospect.

All my Wild buddies are shocked they are shopping Cal.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)