• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Trade/Buyout thread

Rate this topic

I don't like defending Sammy, but I doubt it's really his choice if this is indeed an issue. If the rule is there for a reason and he happens to be affected by it, how is that his fault? That Holland threw this guy $3 million a year last summer is what should really grind people's gears.

I don't like defending Sammy, but I doubt it's really his choice if this is indeed an issue. If the rule is there for a reason and he happens to be affected by it, how is that his fault? That Holland threw this guy $3 million a year last summer is what should really grind people's gears.

Can't dispute that fact, but Sammy was healthy and ready to go in the 2nd round but our line up didn't need him. Then he hears his name in buyout talks and is magically injured again? He better be on the LTIR all year then, cause he's a waste of space. Yet another kids roster spot eaten up by old news.

Guest DeGraa55

Can't dispute that fact, but Sammy was healthy and ready to go in the 2nd round but our line up didn't need him. Then he hears his name in buyout talks and is magically injured again? He better be on the LTIR all year then, cause he's a waste of space. Yet another kids roster spot eaten up by old news.

That's what I can't figure out. He was a healthy scratch but now injured? WTF

Sammy wants the full value of that contract (not 2/3 thru amnesty) - he knows he likely won't get anything more than a one year deal anywhere else and is holding on for dear life here using this injury excuse. I want him GONE. We have more intriguing options for injury replacements in GR.

Aside from money why would sammy push to avoid the buyout when management and likely coaches wants him gone? Its pretty obvious he is preventing the team from moving forward with his actions. He has to know he is just being a huge pain in the ass.

Edited by dirtydangles

Um, because he would get a million dollars less next year? Unlike Vinny, no-one is going to give him a 5 year $20M contract ;) This may be the last stop in his NHL career.

Um, because he would get a million dollars less next year? Unlike Vinny, no-one is going to give him a 5 year $20M contract ;) This may be the last stop in his NHL career.

I said "aside from money." Is it really worth it to be disliked by an organization and fanbase for 1 million dollars when you already made plenty of money over your career? I dunno - never been in the situation.

Sammy wants the full value of that contract (not 2/3 thru amnesty) - he knows he likely won't get anything more than a one year deal anywhere else and is holding on for dear life here using this injury excuse. I want him GONE. We have more intriguing options for injury replacements in GR.

A sore pectoral muscle should not even be allowed to be used as an excuse to not be bought out. What a weasel

Aside from money why would sammy push to avoid the buyout when management and likely coaches wants him gone? Its pretty obvious he is preventing the team from moving forward with his actions. He has to know he is just being a huge pain in the ass.

more money :P

Ignoring salaries we have 15 forwards signed if Brunner returns and Cleary and Fil don't. Tatar and Nyquist will not be brought up just to sit in the press box. Miller won't sit on his contract. Andersson has been great. If Helm is healthy we are screwed:

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.788m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.605m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

If I saw this logjam with any other team I would think a trade was in the works - but that is never the case with Holland. You can pretty much pencil Cleary in there too. We will have an expensive press box any way you slice it this season.

I said "aside from money." Is it really worth it to be disliked by an organization and fanbase for 1 million dollars when you already made plenty of money over your career? I dunno - never been in the situation.

The thing is, Sammy is and always has been a "professional" hockey player. And by that, I mean his job, that he makes a living by, is playing hockey. He's not the kind of guy who plays for the love of the game and he never has been and he's always been very clear about that. When he signed for Vancouver, he was brutally honest about, it he said quite clearly and without embaressment that it was because they offered the most money.

Its one of the things I've always liked about him, his brutally honest interviews. He doesn't deal in cliches and empty platitudes, he tells it exactly how he thinks *points at sig*. Its a job first and foremost to him, and he feels no loyalty to the team, the fans or the city. Like I say, I kinda admire him for it. Too many players blow smoke up the fans asses and the fans fall for it.

I will boo the total s*** out of him if he doesn't go away. I don't even care how irrational that makes me sound. Touchy puck, I boo.

Though, he'll probably spend 70+ games on the IR, so I'd better time out my game attendance well.

The New York Islanders announced Wednesday that they have used one of their two available compliance buyouts on goalie Rick DiPietro.

DiPietro had eight years remaining on his 15-year, $67.5 million contract. The Islanders will have to pay DiPietro $1.5 million annually for the next 16 years.

"It was an extremely tough decision to use the compliance buyout on Rick's contract," Islanders general manager Garth Snow said. "His drive to win games and compete at the highest level for the New York Islanders was never questioned. With Rick back at 100-percent health, we wish him nothing but the best as he continues to pursue his career."

The New York Islanders announced Wednesday that they have used one of their two available compliance buyouts on goalie Rick DiPietro.

DiPietro had eight years remaining on his 15-year, $67.5 million contract. The Islanders will have to pay DiPietro $1.5 million annually for the next 16 years.

"It was an extremely tough decision to use the compliance buyout on Rick's contract," Islanders general manager Garth Snow said. "His drive to win games and compete at the highest level for the New York Islanders was never questioned. With Rick back at 100-percent health, we wish him nothing but the best as he continues to pursue his career."

If I was rick, I would have no problem retiring on that salary

Ignoring salaries we have 15 forwards signed if Brunner returns and Cleary and Fil don't. Tatar and Nyquist will not be brought up just to sit in the press box. Miller won't sit on his contract. Andersson has been great. If Helm is healthy we are screwed:

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.788m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.605m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

If I saw this logjam with any other team I would think a trade was in the works - but that is never the case with Holland. You can pretty much pencil Cleary in there too. We will have an expensive press box any way you slice it this season.

Something has got to give. Simple as that.