• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Trade/Buyout thread

Rate this topic

Too bad we have such a logjam of forwards. Can't wait until next offseason when we see Sammy, Bert, and hopefully Cleary off the books.

I get the feeling we won't see any new UFA forwards in Detroit for quite some time unless they are absolute STEALS. We have so many kids playing great in GR that continue to push for spots. Assuming Tatar, Nyquist are up next year we STILL have Sheahan, Ferraro, Jurco, Jarnkrok, and Pulks all knocking on the door just to name the obvious ones. We won't have THAT many roster spots opening up due to free agency in the next couple years so I expect some sort of trade at some point.

I actually wouldn't mind Holland letting Sammy ride pine all year and then use our second amnesty buyout on Franzen at the end of the season (if he continues with his laziness). We would be far better off without that long term deal haunting us in the future.

Aside from money why would sammy push to avoid the buyout when management and likely coaches wants him gone? Its pretty obvious he is preventing the team from moving forward with his actions. He has to know he is just being a huge pain in the ass.

A sore pectoral muscle should not even be allowed to be used as an excuse to not be bought out. What a weasel

Agreed,but this is his second stint with the Wings and it's not like he won the contract via arbitration.Ken and co. signed him despite knowing he only cares about the money.

Anyway,I think he's still a top 6 material...for the Griffins

Agreed,but this is his second stint with the Wings and it's not like he won the contract via arbitration.Ken and co. signed him despite knowing he only cares about the money.

Anyway,I think he's still a top 6 material...for the Griffins

We signed him assuming he wouldn't be a child and would play through a sore chest.

Guest The Axe

Wings should sign DiPietro to league minimum for 5 years and trade Howard to Buffalo for Vanek. Between DiPietro and Mrazek, one goalie will prosper.

Guest Crymson

And emdog will be second line center

Are you kidding? He'll be the team's power play QB.

Here's my take on things.

Sammy and Tootoo need to stay.

Why? Glad you asked. If you know me, you know that I loves me some Sammy and Tootoo, but I'm not taking my personal feelings into account.

Here's my reasoning on Sammy. He will not be "better" until after the amnesty buyout window closes. Therefore there are three options.

1) Trade.

No good there. Who'd take him?

2) Regular buyout.

Better, but he'd count against the cap.

3) LTIR.

He wouldn't be taking up a roster space. We could exceed the cap by the amount of his contract for the purposes of replacing him (which is as close as we can come to having him not count against the cap considering that the GR guys are making less).<--- unless the new CBA states differently.

Here's why we need Tootoo.

1) We need someone to punch Sammy in the chest daily to make darn sure that he stays on LTIR so Tatar can stay up with the big boys where he belongs.

Its not that bad to wait one year with the amnesty if we can't get any good UFAs and Sammy rides pine all year. The reason is that we can evaluate Franzen this year and see if he is going to be worth his contract into the future - if he is we can use the buyout on Tootoo if need be.

Its not that bad to wait one year with the amnesty if we can't get any good UFAs and Sammy rides pine all year. The reason is that we can evaluate Franzen this year and see if he is going to be worth his contract into the future - if he is we can use the buyout on Tootoo if need be.

The problem it seems is we always wait until next year and.....

Guest The Axe

And emdog will be second line center

Eventually. He's getting better.

Why waste a buyout on a 1.9/year player who will have one year left on his contract? I'd rather him use it on whatever plug he signs this off season for 4 million to replace flip

just a thought can we bury sammy and his 3 mllion in the minors or is he exempt because hes 35+???, if were really that desperate maybe we can pay 2 million of his salary to a team for like a 7th round pick .. ugh cant believe holland brought him and coliacovo here to begin with

That doesn't work anymore cause of the new cba. It will only lower his cap hit like 100 grand or something