• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Trade/Buyout thread

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

we'll get to see a lot of smith vs. smith action in the coming seasons.

We went over this.

Horton/Clarkson @ 11 million

Vs.

Brunner/Cleary/Sammy/Bertuzzi/Tootoo @ 12 million.

Either way, you have 2 guys in your line-up.

The mpney is not an issue.

....or because of the players ridiculous salary demands

Both of them are UFA's. Thats the funny thing. We only say "pipedream" because we know how dumb Holland is.

Clarkson is hot garbage at the amount and term he wants..Horton has already stated he wants to be in a non traditional hockey market ...I'm not sure if you have noticed but Detroit is not non traditional.

Clarkson is hot garbage at the amount and term he wants..Horton has already stated he wants to be in a non traditional hockey market ...I'm not sure if you have noticed but Detroit is not non traditional.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of good old delusional thinking.

Guest The Axe

And? So?

Same EXCUSE we are going to use for every UFA Kenny fails to sign?

"X Player" wanted blue to be one of the team's colors.

Hogwash.

Money talks. B.S. walks.

Guest The Axe

What's with your obsession for Vanek and furthermore why would Buffalo trade their best player to a division rival?

Dude can bury it.

Because he wont be in Buffalo past next year, anyway.

Guest The Axe

So you think they're going to willingly trade him to one of their strongest divisional opponents so they can then play against him as much as possible??

If the price is right, why not?

We picked up Chelios from where?

If the price is right, why not?

We picked up Chelios from where?

Chelios was 37 at the time. Chicago didn't fear playing against him.

Vanek is 29, in his prime, and by far the best forward/goal scorer on their team.

Not a good comparison...

Its also Holland's fault we have made the playoffs 22 straight seasons. What a loser

I'm not saying Holland didn't have his time where you can attribute a lot of the team's success to him, but Bowman put the team together that contributed to the brunt of that playoff streak, and you could say his influence as well as the effects of our success under his leadership as a GM and/or coach in those years at the very least helped keep the momentum going. Again, not saying Holland doesn't deserve credit, but certainly not anything close to 22 years worth.

Guest The Axe

Chelios was 37 at the time. Chicago didn't fear playing against him.

Vanek is 29, in his prime, and by far the best forward/goal scorer on their team.

Not a good comparison...

Out of curiosoty, in which Stanley Cup do you think Chelios helped us more - 2002 or 2008?

we'll get to see a lot of smith vs. smith action in the coming seasons.

We went over this.

Horton/Clarkson @ 11 million

Vs.

Brunner/Cleary/Sammy/Bertuzzi/Tootoo @ 12 million.

Either way, you have 2 guys in your line-up.

The mpney is not an issue.

....or because of the players ridiculous salary demands

I agree that some of the wings are over paid but I don't care how you compare it, Horton + Clarkson is NOT worth 11 mill.

Guest The Axe

I agree that some of the wings are over paid but I don't care how you compare it, Horton + Clarkson is NOT worth 11 mill.

I know it doesnt seem like it, but it is

2 guys in their prime that give us what we dont have = size and offense. Its not a buyers' market, unfortunately. That was 10 years ago.

Out of curiosoty, in which Stanley Cup do you think Chelios helped us more - 2002 or 2008?

Man you get off topic quick.. nobody said he was a non-factor, just that it was a horrible comparison as stated above.

The original point was I don't see Buffalo trading their best player to a top division rival and thus having to face him as much as possible.

And? So?

Same EXCUSE we are going to use for every UFA Kenny fails to sign?

"X Player" wanted blue to be one of the team's colors.

Hogwash.

Money talks. B.S. walks.

Yea because the spend the most money theory always works. Ask Philly how that worked out for them last year or Minny with Parise and Suter..missed the playoffs..missed the playoffs. Horton is a good player but he is also not just slightly concussion prone but very concussion prone and not exactly adverse to injuries.

Guest The Axe

Man you get off topic quick.. nobody said he was a non-factor, just that it was a horrible comparison as stated above.

The original point was I don't see Buffalo trading their best player to a top division rival and thus having to face him as much as possible.

Chelios was a 3 time Norris Trophy winner in his prime. You act like he was washed up garbage. He payed 10 more seasons!

The NEW point is that you are WRONG on the validoty of my comparison. It kills your argument, so I understand why you woild choose not to acknowledge it. The irony is that it strengthens the other side of your argument to a point where I cant put up a rebuttle. I agree with you that its better to trade outside your conference, if possible.