• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Trade/Buyout thread

Rate this topic

Chelios was a 3 time Norris Trophy winner in his prime. You act like he was washed up garbage. He payed 10 more seasons!

The NEW point is that you are WRONG on the validoty of my comparison. It kills your argument, so I understand why you woild choose not to acknowledge it. The irony is that it strengthens the other side of your argument to a point where I cant put up a rebuttle. I agree with you that its better to trade outside your conference, if possible.

I usually regret replying to your posts and this time is no different. Just can't help myself with some of the things you say.

Just to clarify I never said anything close to bad about Chelios. Just that he was 37 and Chicago didn't fear him much anymore or see the high risk in playing against him within the division. That's all...which was the entire point...lol

But thanks for clarifying he wasn't in his prime anymore ;)

Guest Crymson

A fast declining 40 year old? That doesn't sound familiar.

Yeah, remember that Dallas Drake guy? He was a terrible addition!

I wish nill replaced Holland

Because he made some trades as part of a franchise that has been a bottom feeder for years now? The Stars have not made the playoffs since 2008. They are in a situation vastly different from the Wings. Major trades are far more appropriate there.

I know it doesnt seem like it, but it is

2 guys in their prime that give us what we dont have = size and offense. Its not a buyers' market, unfortunately. That was 10 years ago.

Heh, this nonsense about Clarkson's size again. Clarkson is of precisely average NHL size, and is mediocre at everything beyond offense---and he's not even that great at offense, generally doing not very much of the work in the offensive zone. Horton is larger, but not by much, and he has had substantial issues with consistency and health over the past several seasons.

If the price is right, why not?

We picked up Chelios from where?

The price for Vanek will be high. He will not be worth that for one season.

One month in and Nill already has bigger nuggets than Holland lol

No, what Nill has is a down-in-the-dumps franchise that is in need of major changes.

Because he made some trades as part of a franchise that has been a bottom feeder for years now? The Stars have not made the playoffs since 2008. They are in a situation vastly different from the Wings. Major trades are far more appropriate there.

How do you know we're not at the start of a missing the playoffs? We barely squeaked into the playoffs this year too close for comfort. Will Dats and Zett be able to pull that off in the last week of the season this year or next. Our team never got their s*** together throughout the season and the inconsistencies continued through the playoffs.

NLA | #EVZ targets to sign 31yr-old G Rick #DiPietro or 36yr-old G Brian #Boucher as replacement for Jussi #Markkanen.

Hadn't seen this posted since DiP's buyout.

NLA | #EVZ wanted to sign G Tim #Thomas, but his manager said that Thomas is not interested in playing in Europe now.

Yeah, remember that Dallas Drake guy? He was a terrible addition!

Heh, this nonsense about Clarkson's size again. Clarkson is of precisely average NHL size, and is mediocre at everything beyond offense---and he's not even that great at offense, generally doing not very much of the work in the offensive zone. Horton is larger, but not by much, and he has had substantial issues with consistency and health over the past several seasons.

The price for Vanek will be high. He will not be worth that for one season.

No, what Nill has is a down-in-the-dumps franchise that is in need of major changes.

Mostly just because he was making trades, I love Holland, and I think he has done an awesome job over the years, I just really wanted to get some fresh faces going in here, although I like the addition of Weiss and Alfie, and I do believe that seriously makes us a contender now, you cannot argue that while he is trying to re sign cleary, and ditching Brunner, and signing 35 year olds to multi year contracts with NTC's that other gms are not trying to shake things up, and i am not saying give away the farm, but Dats and Z are getting older and I really want them to win a cup, it would be refreshing to see guys like bert and sammy gone and guys like Ryan or Clowe brought in. my opinion, I still give Holland a B for this off season

Just because there hasn't been anything happening the past few days, I decided to come up with a ridiculous series of moves that will never happen but aren't as far fetched as other things that have happened since July 1st.

1. Trade Samuelsson to NYI for a 7th round pick. (With $22 Million in Cap Space, a once 30 goal scorer with one year left at $3 million isn't the worst gamble)

2. Trade Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith, Teemo Pulkinen and a 1st round pick for Keith Yandle. (I can hear the groans already, but hear me out - Kyle Quincey is useless and makes $3.7 million, Brendan Smith is certainly going to make ATLEAST $1.5 Mllion next season, which already covers Yandle's cap hit. Teemu Pulkinen is another undersized winger, which we now have an abundance of as an Eastern conference team. The first round pick is going to be 25+ and we have a solid group of prospects already. So the real trade comes down to Brendan Smith vs Keith Yandle... We know who the better player is, and Yandle is only 2.5 years older with a reasonable cap hit. I have always felt our problem last season was offence from our defence, and now we solve that. Imagine what this group of forwards can do when they don't have to spend 25 seconds of each shift in there own zone.

3. Sign RFA'S

4. Sign Ron Hainsey as our 6th D Man.

5. Trade TooToo for whatever you can.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

Miller - Andersson - Eaves

(Emmerton, Bertuzzi)

Yandle. - Dekeyser

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - Hainsey

(Lashoff)

Howard

Gustavsson

And There's your 23 man roster.

Edited by WingedWheel91

Just because there hasn't been anything happening the past few days, I decided to come up with a ridiculous series of moves that will never happen but aren't as far fetched as other things that have happened since July 1st.

1. Trade Samuelsson to NYI for a 7th round pick. (With $22 Million in Cap Space, a once 30 goal scorer with one year left at $3 million isn't the worst gamble)

2. Trade Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith, Teemo Pulkinen and a 1st round pick for Keith Yandle. (I can hear the groans already, but hear me out - Kyle Quincey is useless and makes $3.7 million, Brendan Smith is certainly going to make ATLEAST $1.5 Mllion next season, which already covers Yandle's cap hit. Teemu Pulkinen is another undersized winger, which we now have an abundance of as an Eastern conference team. The first round pick is going to be 25+ and we have a solid group of prospects already. So the real trade comes down to Brendan Smith vs Keith Yandle... We know who the better player is, and Yandle is only 2.5 years older with a reasonable cap hit. I have always felt our problem last season was offence from our defence, and now we solve that. Imagine what this group of forwards can do when they don't have to spend 25 seconds of each shift in there own zone.

3. Sign RFA'S

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

(Emmerton, Bertuzzi)

Yandle. - Dekeyser

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - Hainsey

(Lashoff)

Howard

Gustavsson

yandle-dekeyser would be a pretty sick pairing.

3. Sign RFA'S

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

(Emmerton, Bertuzzi)

Yandle. - Dekeyser

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - Hainsey

(Lashoff)

Howard

Gustavsson

No thanks to Hainsey. The Jets are my 2nd favorite team being from Winnipeg and all the guys here want Hainsey and his $4mil salary to take a hike. He's not an upgrade over any of our guys. He's basically Quincey, but less offense.

Guest The Axe

No thanks to Hainsey. The Jets are my 2nd favorite team being from Winnipeg and all the guys here want Hainsey and his $4mil salary to take a hike. He's not an upgrade over any of our guys. He's basically Quincey, but less offense.

Quincey had 5 pts last year! Ouch

Guest DeGraa55

3. Sign RFA'S

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

(Emmerton, Bertuzzi)

Yandle. - Dekeyser

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - Hainsey

(Lashoff)

Howard

Gustavsson

Sammy is in ***** mode so I doubt he waived his ntc.

3. Sign RFA'S

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar

(Emmerton, Bertuzzi)

Yandle. - Dekeyser

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - Hainsey

(Lashoff)

Howard

Gustavsson

I'd be ecstatic if Holland could pull your scenario off.

St. Louis got robbed.

not necessarily, Paajarvi (only 22 y.o.) has a good amount of potential. He's a skilled forward and has shown flashes of good play at times.. could use some consistency but only time will tell if they got robbed or not.

I'd like to see him with tarasenko or oshie

St Louis didn't want to keep this guy? :lol:

Quincey had 5 pts last year! Ouch

Hainsey had 0 goals, 13 assists, but a bounce here, a bounce there, they're the same player, but I stick with Q being more offensive regardless of last years lower point total, and I ragged on Q more than Jets fans ragged on Hainsey which was quite a bit.

Oh no the guy dove once, he shall forever be the worst hockey player ever!!!!! /sarcasm

I like Perron, good skill guy.

Any idea why the Blues were looking to deal Perron?

Oh no the guy dove once, he shall forever be the worst hockey player ever!!!!! /sarcasm

I like Perron, good skill guy.

Any idea why the Blues were looking to deal Perron?

Too many guys who played the same way.

They wanted to shake up a core that tends to tune out coaches.

They think his concussion made him damaged goods.

Those are what I heard. Personally I think he ate all the bear claws before Hitchcock could get any.

Too many guys who played the same way. They wanted to shake up a core that tends to tune out coaches. They think his concussion made him damaged goods. Those are what I heard. Personally I think he ate all the bear claws before Hitchcock could get any.

For the record..love the name