• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Trade/Buyout thread

Rate this topic

I figure let's just have one thread to discuss buyouts and trades in the offseason to stop the forums from getting clogged

I will update all buyouts here, and trades

Buyouts:

Philly:

Briere

Bryzgalov

Chicago:

Montador

Olesz

Montreal:

Kaberle

Gomez (pre-season)

Tampa:

Lecavalier

NYR:

Redden (pre-season)

Trades:

To Avs:

Alex Tanguay

Cory Sarich

To Flames:

David Jones

Shane O'Brien

Edited by Euro_Twins

Sweet, trade Filppula's rights and whatever else to Winnepeg for Blake Wheeler's rights. Trade a conditional 4th to Florida for Weiss's rights. Bingo bango, got a big power winger and a center to replace Flip.

Also, sweeten either pot with Tootoo, Colaiacovo, Eaves, or Emmerton as necessary.

Sweet, trade Filppula's rights and whatever else to Winnepeg for Blake Wheeler's rights. Trade a conditional 4th to Florida for Weiss's rights. Bingo bango, got a big power winger and a center to replace Flip.

Also, sweeten either pot with Tootoo, Colaiacovo, Eaves, or Emmerton as necessary.

I think the OP meant this thread to be a destination to report actual trades and buyouts, not speculation, rumors, or ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that being said, let's go huge:

To Winnipeg:

Filpulla's rights

Tatar

Quincey

Tootoo

Emmerton

To Detroit:

Wheeler's rights

Bogoisian

:w00t:

With Wheeler being a RFA I doubt the rights to a UFA Filppula would be all that enticing. I doubt they are willing to trade his rights at all unless its in exchange for one or more good prospects or a high draft pick. He may not be available at all.

I think Flips rights could possibly be swapped with Florida for Weiss' rights but even that is probably a long shot. I don't know if Florida has given up on signing him yet, and if they don't want Weiss I can't see them wanting Flip instead. Chances are the only thing you're going to get for a UFA's rights is a draft pick in the 4th round or later.

On topic - Canadiens to buyout Kaberle

- Flyers also buyout Briere

- Leafs to buyout Komisarek

Edited by FlashyG

I think the OP meant this thread to be a destination to report actual trades and buyouts, not speculation, rumors, or ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that being said, let's go huge:

To Winnipeg:

Filpulla's rights

Tatar

Quincey

Tootoo

Emmerton

To Detroit:

Wheeler's rights

Bogoisian

:w00t:

I'm down with this trade, but it only happens if Dave Dombrowski is given control of the Red Wings for an afternoon.

With Wheeler being a RFA I doubt the rights to a UFA Filppula would be all that enticing. I doubt they are willing to trade his rights at all unless its in exchange for one or more good prospects or a high draft pick. He may not be available at all.

I think Flips rights could possibly be swapped with Florida for Weiss' rights but even that is probably a long shot. I don't know if Florida has given up on signing him yet, and if they don't want Weiss I can't see them wanting Flip instead. Chances are the only thing you're going to get for a UFA's rights is a draft pick in the 4th round or later.

Agreed, this proposal is pretty tongue in cheek. He made a trade and buyout thread so I just threw the first one up I could think of. I have no idea whether Wheeler is available or what it would take to get Weiss's rights. It's just for a laugh.

HAHAHAH! That's hilarious. The Jets are working on contracts right now with Wheeler and Bogo, so that dream will be crushed within days.

I'm kinda hoping we can pull off a deal for Yandle finally. With us switching conferences and Phoenix in dire need of some forward depth I could see a trade being worked out.

To Phoenix:

Tatar

Eaves

Colaiacovo

2nd round pick

To Detroit:

Yandle

6th round pick

again this thread was meant to post and discuss actual trades and buyouts throughout the nhl. There are various other threads to talk about what trades you want

https://mobile.twitter.com/mirtle/statuses/349238346104569857#!/mirtle/statuses/349238346104569857

Teams not using buyouts... Calgary, Columbus, New Jersey for sure. Imagine more added here in next few days.

Mackenzie guesses other teams that won't use their buyouts:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/statuses/349241890455031808

Just a guess but also ANA, BOS, BUF, CAR, DAL, OTT, PHX amongst others.

Edited by wingsfan4795

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that this summer is the end of which a team can buy-out 1 of it's players.

If that's so - me thinks Stevie will keep Vinny.

You can have 2 compliance buyouts total, and you can use them this off season or next off season. Teams also had the opportunity to use them during this season provided the person they were buying out was making more than 3 or 3.5 million a season (I can't remember exactly where the cutoff was)

Gomez and Redden were the only 2 of the accelerated buyouts used.

From what I've read "IF" that happens it won't happen this off-season but next years.

That is the part that is unknown. TB is expected to buy out both Malone and Vinny. But no one s sure if they will do one this year and one next, both this year, both next year, and in what order.

If Vinny is available this summer, we need to bendover backwards to sign him, then dump Franzen. Just to make the money/cap work.

That is the part that is unknown. TB is expected to buy out both Malone and Vinny. But no one s sure if they will do one this year and one next, both this year, both next year, and in what order.

If Vinny is available this summer, we need to bendover backwards to sign him, then dump Franzen. Just to make the money/cap work.

Doing that makes no sense. That is replacing one of the few goal scorers we have for another set-up man.

One of our biggest problem is that we don't have enough top 6 forwards and too many bottom 6 forwards and defenceman, I'd rather keep Franzen to play with Vinny, then jettison one of the extra defenceman to free up space. Quincey or Cola would by my first choices.

Doing that makes no sense. That is replacing one of the few goal scorers we have for another set-up man.

One of our biggest problem is that we don't have enough top 6 forwards and too many bottom 6 forwards and defenceman, I'd rather keep Franzen to play with Vinny, then jettison one of the extra defenceman to free up space. Quincey or Cola would by my first choices.

keep mule and give vinny the money filp is asking for. Dump Sammy for extra cap space too..

that said, I bet Tampa keeps vinny this season.

Guest Crymson

keep mule and give vinny the money filp is asking for. Dump Sammy for extra cap space too..

that said, I bet Tampa keeps vinny this season.

All sources claiming a buyout say that he'll be kept until 2014.

You can have 2 compliance buyouts total, and you can use them this off season or next off season. Teams also had the opportunity to use them during this season provided the person they were buying out was making more than 3 or 3.5 million a season (I can't remember exactly where the cutoff was)

Gomez and Redden were the only 2 of the accelerated buyouts used.

I believe compliance buyouts have to be completed this season starting tonight and ending July 4th and next summer there will be a 2 week period at the end of the season when compliance buyouts can occur.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Compliance buyout window is now open BUT no buyout can occur until: a) player is put on waivers; b) player clears waivers 24 hrs later.

This should be interesting if someone snaps up a player meant for a buyout lol

All sources claiming a buyout say that he'll be kept until 2014.

That makes sense. Same with Richards, Hossa, Franzen (please?). You keep them at their artificially low cap hit for as long as possible, you reduce the amount of money you're paying them not to play, and you still have them off the books at the end of their contract when they're old and over-paid (per cap) and avoid the brutalising early retirement penalties.

This should be interesting if someone snaps up a player meant for a buyout lol

Really? If I understand the CBA correctly, that means say TB do this to Lecavalier, he get picked up by say NYI, plays a few years, and then retires before his contract is up, TB still get hit with the early retirement penalty, yes?

Guest Crymson

That makes sense. Same with Richards, Hossa, Franzen (please?). You keep them at their artificially low cap hit for as long as possible, you reduce the amount of money you're paying them not to play, and you still have them off the books at the end of their contract when they're old and over-paid (per cap) and avoid the brutalising early retirement penalties.

I still don't get this notion some people have that the organization would benefit from buying out one of its best scorers. Exactly who would replace him?

The chances of Hossa being bought out are slim to none. The entirety of the talk on this comes from a speculative NYPost article that has been incessantly referenced by hockey writers. Hossa is a vital part of Chicago's roster.

Really? If I understand the CBA correctly, that means say TB do this to Lecavalier, he get picked up by say NYI, plays a few years, and then retires before his contract is up, TB still get hit with the early retirement penalty, yes?

As far as I know, TB would only be stuck with the early retirement penalty were they to trade him.

From TSN:

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly sent out a memo to all 30 teams this week, warning them to play by the book when it comes to buyouts and trades.

Daly's memo warned that any trade/buyout/re-acquire scenario would be deemed a circumvention of the collective bargaining agreement. The CBA prevents teams from re-signing players they've bought out for one year.

Owners cheating? Interesting.