343 replies to this topic

#301 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

St. Louis got robbed.

not necessarily, Paajarvi (only 22 y.o.) has a good amount of potential. He's a skilled forward and has shown flashes of good play at times.. could use some consistency but only time will tell if they got robbed or not.

I'd like to see him with tarasenko or oshie

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#302 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

St Louis didn't want to keep this guy?   :lol:

Quincey had 5 pts last year! Ouch

Hainsey had 0 goals, 13 assists, but a bounce here, a bounce there, they're the same player, but I stick with Q being more offensive regardless of last years lower point total, and I ragged on Q more than Jets fans ragged on Hainsey which was quite a bit.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#303 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Oh no the guy dove once, he shall forever be the worst hockey player ever!!!!!  /sarcasm

I like Perron, good skill guy.

Any idea why the Blues were looking to deal Perron?

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#304 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Oh no the guy dove once, he shall forever be the worst hockey player ever!!!!!  /sarcasm

I like Perron, good skill guy.

Any idea why the Blues were looking to deal Perron?

Too many guys who played the same way.
They wanted to shake up a core that tends to tune out coaches.
They think his concussion made him damaged goods.
Those are what I heard. Personally I think he ate all the bear claws before Hitchcock could get any.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#305 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Too many guys who played the same way. They wanted to shake up a core that tends to tune out coaches. They think his concussion made him damaged goods. Those are what I heard. Personally I think he ate all the bear claws before Hitchcock could get any.

For the record..love the name 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#306 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

A while ago I thought about changing my to Oglethorpe (after I bought his jersey).

I have worn the jersey to a couple of beer fests and people are always yelling things at me like:

"Hey Olgie"

Or "Olgie watch out for Dr hook."

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#307 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Too many guys who played the same way. They wanted to shake up a core that tends to tune out coaches. They think his concussion made him damaged goods. Those are what I heard. Personally I think he ate all the bear claws before Hitchcock could get any.

I saw/heard something about an internal cap, too. They've still got Stewart and Pietrangelo to re-sign.

#308 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

I would love to see them have to get rid of Pietrangelo, and him end up a wing.

I really like his game!

Stewart would not be bad pick up either, other than the glut of forwards the Wings have.

#309 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

TY

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#310 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

I really like his game!

Stewart would not be bad pick up either, other than the glut of forwards the Wings have.

As I've said before, my favorite non-Wings Dman.  Kid's got skill and he's responsible with it.  He and Shattenkirk are a hell of a pair.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#311 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I really like his game!

Pietrangelo is one of the cornerstones of that team. He's not going anywhere.

Edited by Crymson, 11 July 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#312 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

As I've said before, my favorite non-Wings Dman.  Kid's got skill and he's responsible with it.  He and Shattenkirk are a hell of a pair.

Haha at the Blues, first signing Roy for 5 mil and then they trade away Perron, part of their core. I am sure this will sit well with guys like Backes, Pietrangelo, Berglund, Oshie.  MPS has all the potential in the world but at some point he has to use it and show it, if he can do that its a fair deal if not Armstrong got robbed badly here.

Hitchcock getting tuned out? Shocking the guy is too hard on his players and this stuff gets old fast especially with a younger core.

I am still hoping they can't re-sign Pietrangelo so he hits the open market thanks to that damn fool Holmgren Wings can't constructure a  similar offer-sheet anymore :(

Edited by frankgrimes, 11 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#313 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

HitchBLEEP always gets tuned out by his players eventually.

#314 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Haha at the Blues, first signing Roy for 5 mil and then they trade away Perron, part of their core. I am sure this will sit well with guys like Backes, Pietrangelo, Berglund, Oshie.  MPS has all the potential in the world but at some point he has to use it and show it, if he can do that its a fair deal if not Armstrong got robbed badly here.

Hitchcock getting tuned out? Shocking the guy is too hard on his players and this stuff gets old fast especially with a younger core.

I am still hoping they can't re-sign Pietrangelo so he hits the open market thanks to that damn fool Holmgren Wings can't constructure a  similar offer-sheet anymore :(

HitchBLEEP always gets tuned out by his players eventually.

I always find it amazing his impact in the short term any where he goes is unbelievable, then a few years go by and he is quite possibly the most ineffective coach in the league.

He gets fired.

He gets picked up by another team and it is rinse and repeat!

#315 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

St Louis didn't want to keep this guy?   :lol:

Hainsey had 0 goals, 13 assists, but a bounce here, a bounce there, they're the same player, but I stick with Q being more offensive regardless of last years lower point total, and I ragged on Q more than Jets fans ragged on Hainsey which was quite a bit.

That tire went flat.... Hitch looked like he wanted a hotdog...

Perron and Pjarvvi or however you spell it both have a lot of talent/potential.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#316 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Not really a trade or buyout but the once former great Wings d-man :P Derek Meech has signed with Dinamo Minsk of KHL.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427701

#317 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Not really a trade or buyout but the once former great Wings d-man :P Derek Meech has signed with Dinamo Minsk of KHL.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427701

Just another guy stupid Holland let get away.

#318 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Dan Carcillo to Los Angeles. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Would be a decent addition for the Kings.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#319 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Dan Carcillo to Los Angeles. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Would be a decent addition for the Kings.

saw this on twitter and they tagged his twitter name in it: "@carbombboom13" ....really dan?!   :g:

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#320 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427859

Carcillo (as noted above) for a CONDITIONAL DRAFT PICK. Basically they got him for a bag of pucks. Surprising, considering how much he brings to a team.

Edited by AtomicPunk, 18 July 2013 - 11:22 AM.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012