• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#321 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

What does Carcillo really provide? He is useless against the top fighters, not the best agitator and coaches hardly trust him against skilled lines. I think the Hawks are starting to realize slowly that letting Scott go, was a big mistake.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#322 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

What does Carcillo really provide? He is useless against the top fighters, not the best agitator and coaches hardly trust him against skilled lines. I think the Hawks are starting to realize slowly that letting Scott go, was a big mistake.

Given that Scott is as useless as they come when he isn't fighting, I doubt they regret letting him go.

#323 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Would love a player like that here
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#324 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

If healthy, he's shown he can put up some offense on occasion. He can skate a regular shift and is effective on the forecheck. If he can stay healthy, that is.

Also, I highly doubt Chicago regrets letting Scott go. They're just coming off a Stanley Cup victory.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#325 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Only in a world this bizarre could anyone insinuate that Dan Carcillo is useless and that John Scott is the better option for Chicago or anyone else.  I'm flabbergasted!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#326 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Only in a world this bizarre could anyone insinuate that Dan Carcillo is useless and that John Scott is the better option for Chicago or anyone else.  I'm flabbergasted!

Then don't read it next time, problem solved.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#327 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

You sound flabbergasted by his flabbergastation. Both these guys suck.

#328 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Ignore button.

Wait, where's the "ignore" button?

#329 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Wait, where's the "ignore" button?

Go to the upper right hand corner where you see your name with an arrow next to it.  Click there and look for "manage ignore prefs".

#330 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

There was no place else to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread, but did anyone else see that Chris Stewart signed a two year, 8.3 million dollar contract?  Makes those contracts for Clarkson, Bickell, and Clowe look like total s*** doesn't it?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#331 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

There was no place else to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread, but did anyone else see that Chris Stewart signed a two year, 8.3 million dollar contract?  Makes those contracts for Clarkson, Bickell, and Clowe look like total s*** doesn't it?

Saw it. Was surprised by the money, still.

#332 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Saw it. Was surprised by the money, still.

Yeah, I mean it's not like the guy's a super star or anything, but considering how everyone else got paid this year I'm a little surprised he didn't hold out for more.  Then again, maybe he just likes it in St. Louis. 

Haha, you've got me all wrong.  I genuinely enjoy reading these types of assessments.  It's kinda like when people put human clothes on their dogs, or dress their toddlers up in suits.  Soooooo close to the real thing, only not.  Adorable. 

#333 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, I mean it's not like the guy's a super star or anything, but considering how everyone else got paid this year I'm a little surprised he didn't hold out for more.  Then again, maybe he just likes it in St. Louis. 

Haha, you've got me all wrong.  I genuinely enjoy reading these types of assessments.  It's kinda like when people put human clothes on their dogs, or dress their toddlers up in suits.  Soooooo close to the real thing, only not.  Adorable. 

I hear ya. Clowe was the WORST out of the bunch.

#334 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I hear ya. Clowe was the WORST out of the bunch.

Yeah for sure.  But everyone seems gaga over size these days.  Anybody with the tiniest amount of skill, so long as they're big, will get a huge contract.  I kinda want Montreal to win the Cup just so a little team can ruin that trend.  Then again, as soon as it happens everyone will be talking about Rene Bourque like he's the second coming of Christ...err...Bryan Bickell. 

#335 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yeah for sure.  But everyone seems gaga over size these days.  Anybody with the tiniest amount of skill, so long as they're big, will get a huge contract.  I kinda want Montreal to win the Cup just so a little team can ruin that trend.  Then again, as soon as it happens everyone will be talking about Rene Bourque like he's the second coming of Christ...err...Bryan Bickell. 

Ha. Yah, size is getting paid. Mantha will be worth 5 mil in 2 seasons.

#336 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Those signings don't need help making them look like total s***

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#337 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Bump.....

To be honest - I'm a bit surprised that Grabovski has not yet been signed.....

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#338 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Go to the upper right hand corner where you see your name with an arrow next to it.  Click there and look for "manage ignore prefs".

Thanks for that.

#339 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm hoping that Tootoo doesn't leave. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#340 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm hoping that Tootoo doesn't leave. 

Me too

too.