• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

Holland as much as said the other day that Mrazek will be in Grand Rapids until his waiver exemptions are gone. That is 3 years from now, he'd rather him playing 60 games in Grand Rapids than playing 20 in Detroit.

That's not quite what he said.  He said Gustavsson was under contract next season and they would rather Mrazek played 60 games in the AHL  at this moment.

Depending on their play in 13-14, decides their destinies in 14-15.  If Gustavsson turns into Conklin 2.0, and Mrazek has the traditional struggles with the "difficult 2nd album" then Mrazek stays inthe AHL.  Mrazek continues his improvements and Monster does nothing ,then Mrazek will be backing up Jimmeh in 2 years time.

Hopefully the latter.  I don't want to see Jimmeh keep playing 60-odd games per season and being ground into dust by Babcock.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#42 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

Goalie stats are affected by the team in front of them. A goalie that plays on a good defensive team would have better stats with them than he would on a team that isn't as good defensively.

Which helps his case even more since hes been playing behind the worste defenses the Wings have had since the early 90's and still putting up top 10 numbers.

#43 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

He had one average year and the rest he has played like a top 10 goalie, this year he played borderline top 5ish I would say. His games played, combined with his stats including leading the league in shut outs which is overlooked here.

I think hes probably around 9. I would take him over Miller now for sure

RIP BOB PROBERT #24