• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Horton looking 6m for 5/6 years

Rate this topic

I guess you guys are right. Stars will continue to make big bucks and the lower tier players are going to get their salaries cut to fall in line with new salary cap.

I was dumb to think it would be across the board for teams and not mirror reality where 10% of the people continue to make all the money and increase their wealth the last decade while the rest are stagnant or losing...

My bad.

Edited by Rhah

Please forgive my ignorance on who's available this summer via UFA, but from what I do know - there's nobody really worth breaking the bank for...

Bickell/Clarkson probably won't live up to their respective price tags...Maybe a guy like Michael Ryder could be added for a "reasonable" price...Whatever "reasonable" is nowadays :lol:

That's my thought, too. As mentioned above, there are going to be teams that throw more money at guys like Bickell, Clarkson, and Horton than they're likely worth. In my estimation, Detroit is more likely to add a Ryder or Clowe-type. A second-tier guy with size who can put up some points. I would be happy to see them add Ryder, provided it's not the only move they make this summer.

We know Holland doesn't like paying market prices for free agents, so I don't see us signing Horton at that price. Not sure if we should either.

Holland is willing to play the 'quality NHL team' market price, not the Minnesota Wild inflated joke price. There's a reason why those joke, overpayment contracts are attached to joke teams.

Holland is willing to play the 'quality NHL team' market price, not the Minnesota Wild inflated joke price. There's a reason why those joke, overpayment contracts are attached to joke teams.

Yeah, let's not forget that the 'market price' quote came from a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Bickell, Clarkson, Horton.

Yes, they're all going to be overpaid, but that's the norm these days. If you want a first-line power-forward (which we need), you're gonna have to pay up.

We're in a good spot. We just need a shot in the arm, i.e. a big, mean scoring winger, and perhaps a Weiss-type (eh). If we can do that, all while trimming the fat and bringing up the kids, we'll be doing the best we can. Anything short of that, though, will be a pretty big disappointment, IMHO, especially with the way we threatened in these past playoffs.

.....and Clowe.

Srsly, he might be a decent middle six addition at a bargain.

......or Iginla.

It's amazing how no one's throwing his name around. I know he didn't want to come t Detroit at the deadline, but he also didn't want to go to Boston. I think he'd score 30 on Datsyuk's wing.

Just for fun, how about both?

Yeah, let's not forget that the 'market price' quote came from a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Didn't that CBJ squad almost sneak into the playoffs. Admittedly if they don't secure goalie Bob they will be back in the bottom of the league but having seen this team up close they have righted the ship. As far as that player goes I think we can all agree he is a ******.

Didn't that CBJ squad almost sneak into the playoffs. Admittedly if they don't secure goalie Bob they will be back in the bottom of the league but having seen this team up close they have righted the ship. As far as that player goes I think we can all agree he is a ******.

True, they did. But they've still handed out more than their fair share of bloated contracts. And yes, he certainly is. Regardless of what's behind those stars - I agree.

It seems like everybody is willing to overpay for players nowadays. Not just the bad teams.

Haha, I hope that the Jackets never make the playoffs during his contract, and that the Wings do every single time :)

I guess you guys are right. Stars will continue to make big bucks and the lower tier players are going to get their salaries cut to fall in line with new salary cap.

I was dumb to think it would be across the board for teams and not mirror reality where 10% of the people continue to make all the money and increase their wealth the last decade while the rest are stagnant or losing...

My bad.

Just like in the REAL WORLD where the rest of us toil.

Right! Hudler gets 4 mil per. Flip gets 5 mil per. But we are going to nab Horton for Franzen money. Sure guy.

Franzen is way overpaid and has an awful contract *rolls eyes* for that contract he should be scoring 12 million goals/year

GETTER DONE KENNY. Horton at 6 is a lot better than Sammy and Cleary both at 3!! COMMON SENSE.

He wants to play in warm weather, per Helene St. James and other sources.