• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Bryan Bickell

Rate this topic

You could say that about any player ever. Same with the Lapointe comment that seems to keep popping up.

So because it didn't work out with that player we should never take that risk again? Be cautious when throwing out big contracts but you have to take risks every once in a while.

Having said that next summer may be the better time to take that risk on a UFA...

I agree that risks need to be taken but not with Bickel. If a guy can put up 30 goals and 70 points then yes you take a risk with big money. This is not the guy you take that risk on for the money some team is gonna throw at him.

I can't believe how gaga everybody is going over Bickell and Clarkson. Half this forum goes into an uproar about Franzen, his contract, and how he hasn't played up to the level he was signed at. And now we're going to pay more for Bickell or Clarkson, who have a shorter period of goal scoring success? Horton is the only one with a track record for goal scoring, and he's going to make a fortune.

Does the difference between wanting a guy and not wanting a guy really boil down being able to punch people once in a while?

Clarkson can be just as good of a point producer as horton and is going to be cheaper, tougher, and more durable.

Clarkson can be just as good of a point producer as horton and is going to be cheaper, tougher, and more durable.

lol. Clarkson has scored more than 20 goals exactly once and never topped 50 points. Horton has scored more than 20 goals six times, and topped 50 points four times. I'll agree that he'll be cheaper and that he's likely tougher. But to suggest that he's as capable a point producer ignores the entirety of both their careers, and rests on the demonstrably false assumption that a 30 year old player is somehow going to develop offense he's never had up to that point in his career. If you believe that then I've got a 5 million dollar contract for Valtteri Filppula I'd love to have you sign.

Clarkson had a good season last year. Nathan Horton has been scoring goals his entire career. No comparison.