• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

1 Hour-Long Q&A with Ken Holland & Tom Wilson *Video

Rate this topic

Notes courtesy (Joe89 of HFboards)

Kenny:
-Mentions Glendening in Grand Rapids success like he's our prospect.
-Thinks Howard can be a top6-8 goalie during the course of his contract.
-Helm feeling better, will skate at development camp.
-Wants to keep Kindl, says due for a raise.
-"If you got 10 good prospects, 6 will make it".
-Backman "going to camp"(I suppose development), then back to Sweden for another year before "turning pro".
-Says the veterans on the team are excited about moving to the East, play some new opponents.
-Said multiple times they're disappointed with losing to Chicago even if it was a learning experience.
-Says that both sides probably could've gone longer term with Pavel, but that both were happy with another four years(in total). Hopes for one year extensions afterwards, says Pavel wouldn't ever play anywhere else in the NHL.
-Thinks true cup contenders are a thing of the past.
-Asked if Howard/Mrazek might turn into a Luongo/Schneider, Quick/Bernier etc. scenario. Says they have the option to play him another three years in the American league without worrying about waivers. At 21 years of age, they need him to play 60 games, not 15. Says next year is AHL for sure as Gus is signed, and then make a decision next summer if it's time to bring him up. Says he will play som pre-season games in the fall.
-Would love to get a legitimate top pairing/top3 defenseman, will make room if needed.
-DeKeyser, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Lashoff are expected on the team from the Griffins.

-confirmed HBO 24/7.

Kenny:

-Backman "going to camp"(I suppose development), then back to Sweden for another year before "turning pro".

-Says the veterans on the team are excited about moving to the East, play some new opponents.

-Said multiple times they're disappointed with losing to Chicago even if it was a learning experience.

-Says that both sides probably could've gone longer term with Pavel, but that both were happy with another four years(in total). Hopes for one year extensions afterwards, says Pavel wouldn't ever play anywhere else in the NHL.

-Asked if Howard/Mrazek might turn into a Luongo/Schneider, Quick/Bernier etc. scenario. Says they have the option to play him another three years in the American league without worrying about waivers. At 21 years of age, they need him to play 60 games, not 15. Says next year is AHL for sure as Gus is signed, and then make a decision next summer if it's time to bring him up. Says he will play som pre-season games in the fall.

-Would love to get a legitimate top pairing/top3 defenseman, will make room if needed.

-DeKeyser, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Lashoff are expected on the team from the Griffins.

-confirmed HBO 24/7.

thank you

Kenny:

-confirmed HBO 24/7.

02d0440d-3e18-4e6e-8841-b5619fc34a09.jpg

Good stuff.

It sounds like they want to sign Glendening, that's cool. If they have more room under the 50-contract list, I wonder if Chad Billins is an option as well, he put up good numbers in GR, but is smaller at 5'10"...

Kindl has earned a raise. I wouldn't go giving him $2.5M or anything, but I'd be fine with something under $1.5M. He's a third-pair guy, but solidified his place as an NHL defenseman this season.

If Pavel does actually want to finish playing in Russia, I don't know that he'll want to do it at 42. I like the 4 more years, but we'll have to wait and see beyond that...

If by "cup contenders are a thing of the past" he meant year-in, year-out, then yeah. But for one year, two, maybe three? I have to disagree. You can put a team together with the right mix of vets, youth, and prime-time guys, if enough guys are on ELCs or second contracts and not breaking the bank, if your goaltending is solid, if you've drafted and developed well and have 20-22 year olds contributing... you can contend for a couple-few years. Every team that does this will run into cap trouble (a la Chicago 2010), but can be rebuilt (a la Chicago 2013).

I'm excited for Mrazek, hoping he's ready in 2014. Howard can't play every game, every season...