• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kronstantinov

Letang Turns Down 8x$7m

Rate this topic

This looks like "Jordan Staal Part II". Quite frankly I'm surprised Shero made that kind of offer. Does he not understand that one of the contributing factors to the Pens failures is the fact that they have no depth? Crosby makes almost $9 mil per year, Malkin is over $9 mil, Fleury, Martin and Neal are all making $5 mil. And now you want to blow another $7 mil on a one dimensional defenseman? I think they're lucky he rejected the deal.

This looks like "Jordan Staal Part II". Quite frankly I'm surprised Shero made that kind of offer. Does he not understand that one of the contributing factors to the Pens failures is the fact that they have no depth? Crosby makes almost $9 mil per year, Malkin is over $9 mil, Fleury, Martin and Neal are all making $5 mil. And now you want to blow another $7 mil on a one dimensional defenseman? I think they're lucky he rejected the deal.

Amazed they made it and even more amazed he turned it down.

As much as I hate the Pens, I'd love to snag Letang. I know he's not the most responsible defenseman but pair him with a shutdown man and that would be a good balanced pairing. His offense is second to none in this league.

Kronwall is pretty close offensively, and I would much rather have kronner and his cap hit than Letang

As much as I hate the Pens, I'd love to snag Letang. I know he's not the most responsible defenseman but pair him with a shutdown man and that would be a good balanced pairing. His offense is second to none in this league.

Kronwall is pretty close offensively, and I would much rather have kronner and his cap hit than Letang

Holland here is your chance, bring in Letang and pair him with a shutdown guy. I know he is not Weber, Suter, Chara, Pietrangelo or Karlsson but Letang is elite, I'd love him in red and white.

Not that I'm necessarily down with this, but - Who do you trade? Might this be the three-for-one Holland hinted at?

(Unless I'm mistaken and this wouldn't be a trade. I really don't follow the Pens closely.)

Well the question to me is, what are the Pens looking for? If they let him go, another defender needs to come back.

But with him turning down 56 over 7 years all things are pointing to an 8 per + contract for Letang, which would make him the highest paid player on the Wings.

This is weird to me.

7M/yr for 8 years is a great offer. It's says he's asking for more than 7.5 but less than 8. There's no significant difference really.

All of this makes it seem to me like he wants out of Pitts.

It brings to mind something he said after getting swept by the Bruins. Basically: "They play great defense, and we couldn't score." It struck me as an odd thing to say, for a few reasons. My overall impression: he does indeed want out.

Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about him, because I hate the Pens with a passion. But I've watched him play enough to wonder if he'd be nearly as effective on any other team. The big question, in my mind, being: If you take away that supporting cast (Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Iginla, et al.) and that offense-above-all-else team philosophy, does Letang still produce like a mofo? Or do his numbers drop, making him an offensive defenseman who doesn't produce a whole lot?

Just food for thought, I guess.

It brings to mind something he said after getting swept by the Bruins. Basically: "They play great defense, and we couldn't score." It struck me as an odd thing to say, for a few reasons. My overall impression: he does indeed want out.

Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about him, because I hate the Pens with a passion. But I've watched him play enough to wonder if he'd be nearly as effective on any other team. The big question, in my mind, being: If you take away that supporting cast (Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Iginla, et al.) and that offense-above-all-else team philosophy, does Letang still produce like a mofo? Or do his numbers drop, making him an offensive defenseman who doesn't produce a whole lot?

Just food for thought, I guess.

Like I said, I would rather have kronner for less money

Letang and Dekeyser as our top pair for the next 8 years. That works for me! To get him move Smith and Meresk. They need a G and cheap young D. We need good RHed Dmen. Letang is only 2 years older than Smith BTW.

Guest The Axe

Letang and Dekeyser as our top pair for the next 8 years. That works for me! To get him move Smith and Meresk. They need a G and cheap young D. We need good RHed Dmen. Letang is only 2 years older than Smith BTW.

This is a bad idea.

Bonehead move on Letang's part. The only way he is going to get anything more than that is from a bottom feeder that is willing to pry open their wallet.

Secondly, how in the world could Shero even offer that much? He does realize that he needs more players on the team than a goalie, 2 centers and a defenseman, right?