• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SDavis35

Blackhawks Letter of Appreciation

Rate this topic

Chicago's players and (much of) their fanbase may be classless individuals, but that is different than the front office. This was an excellent gesture by them at a time when they didn't have to do anything at all. I doubt the Arizona Diamondbacks did anything like this when they delivered an analogous kick to the stomach to the Yankees in 2001.

The Hawks organization is leaps and bounds from where they were 10 years ago, and that's good for the game. For all the damage of the lockout(s), terrible TV contracts, etc., don't you look at the health of the teams and fanbases in MAJOR U.S. cities (LA, Chicago, NY, Philadelphia) that weren't always in a great position, and feel pretty good about the league?

Guest Playmaker

Now had the Wings done this, everyone would be falling all over themselves about what a classy organization the Wings are. It was a nice gesture by a hated rival. The Detroit sucks chant aside, I don't see anything that the Blackhawks do as being low class or offensive in any way. The only thing they did wrong was being better than the Wings. Sad, but true.

For the most part, I respect the Blackhawks players and the organization. Hell, it's hard not to because their blueprint is modeled after the Red Wings.

It is their fans that make me despise the team. Most obnoxious and juvenile fanbase maybe in professional sports. Their obsession with hating the Red Wings has to be unhealthy.

Classy for sure but not enough to make me forget the Chicago Stronger shirts or chanting "Detroit Sucks" during every game and their cup parade.

It's a shame that their fans don't live up to the standard of respect set by their organization.

(Except Kane. He's the worst.)

Guest Playmaker

The Chicago Stronger thing wasn't even original. A Toronto fan held a sign at the Maple Leafs game during the game that said "Toronto Stronger". I didn't think it was all that big of a deal.

I really don't want to admit it and absolutely hate what I am going to type now, but

this gesture is pure class, sad but true.

Crawford on the other hand, never liked the guy he will end up like Mike Smith a one year wonder and an arrogant full of himself millionaire.

Edited by frankgrimes

Letting go of Scotty Bowman = dumbest thing a hockey team can do.

If you are implying the Wings "let go" of Scotty Bowman, you have it wrong. Scotty went to Chicago to have the opportunity to work with his son. As a parent, I can tell you that I love Scotty even more for his understanding of what is important in life.

Letting go of Scotty Bowman = dumbest thing a hockey team can do.

I think chaining him to his desk would be considered "Unlawful Restraint", which is illegal. THAT would be one of the dumbest things a hockey team can do.

Classy move by the Hawks. Their fans (at least the more vocal ones) may be crass, and their players may be jerks, but the front office are a great group. Very nice thing for them to do.

I don't get the class and love for Hawks players (front office, yeah...)... but other than a few players like Hossa, Sharp (a tad questionable saw a few dirty hits but its the playoffs)...their whole team plays dirty or cries about s*** (Toews)... actually on ice this season Kane was actually one of the more level headed people which is actually amazing.

I don't get the class and love for Hawks players (front office, yeah...)... but other than a few players like Hossa, Sharp (a tad questionable saw a few dirty hits but its the playoffs)...their whole team plays dirty or cries about s*** (Toews)... actually on ice this season Kane was actually one of the more level headed people which is actually amazing.

I actually gained some respect for Kane (it had nowhere to go but up). He's a d-bag off the ice, but wasn't most of the time on it. Lost a ton for Toews.

It's a reflex for me to hate the Hawks, but it is good to see that the Wirtz family has turned that franchise around after Dollar Bill died.