• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Letting go of Scotty Bowman = dumbest thing a hockey team can do.

I think chaining him to his desk would be considered "Unlawful Restraint", which is illegal. THAT would be one of the dumbest things a hockey team can do.

Classy move by the Hawks. Their fans (at least the more vocal ones) may be crass, and their players may be jerks, but the front office are a great group. Very nice thing for them to do.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#22 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Easy enough to pay for an ad in the paper, nice words, etc..  Doesn't change my mind or make me respect them one bit more, though.  :nono:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#23 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Still the first thing I think of is when they were celebrating Kane goes up to the fans and yells "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!!"

#24 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

I don't get the class and love for Hawks players (front office, yeah...)... but other than a few players like Hossa, Sharp (a tad questionable saw a few dirty hits but its the playoffs)...their whole team plays dirty or cries about s*** (Toews)... actually on ice this season Kane was actually one of the more level headed people which is actually amazing.

#25 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

I don't get the class and love for Hawks players (front office, yeah...)... but other than a few players like Hossa, Sharp (a tad questionable saw a few dirty hits but its the playoffs)...their whole team plays dirty or cries about s*** (Toews)... actually on ice this season Kane was actually one of the more level headed people which is actually amazing.

I actually gained some respect for Kane (it had nowhere to go but up). He's a d-bag off the ice, but wasn't most of the time on it.   Lost a ton for Toews.

It's a reflex for me to hate the Hawks, but it is good to see that the Wirtz family has turned that franchise around after Dollar Bill died.