• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Jakub Kindl signs 4 year extension, $9.6m total, $2.4m/yr

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Typical Holland faith contract. Generally the players who get them pan out quite nicely.

Anyway, Kindl was easily the team's most improved player this season, and he has the rare gift of being able to consistently get shots on net through a crowd. Good contract.

Edited by Crymson

I would have been completely against this signing at the beginning of this season. But Kindl definitely matured into a defenseman worthy of competing for a roster spot.

I'm thinking this will pave the way for Coliacovo to be bought out, if he can't be traded. That leaves next year's D to look like this (when/if Smith is re-signed)...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Kindl - DeKeyser

Lashoff as the 7th Dman

Considering he's the third best defenseman on our team I can't complain too much. He'll be more productive next year as well. I've always sort of pulled for Kindl too so I'm happy with it. He really stepped it up last season and I think he's still got another level above what he accomplished this year. There were times when he was a legitimate threat skating the puck out of the zone. Once he can do that consistently I think he's a second pair puck mover easily.

Edit: Good point by Crymson too, I think he clearly had the best shot on our defense this season too. He finds open shooting lanes...if he gets a little more accurate with it he'll be a real good point on the PP.

Edited by kipwinger

I'm a fan of the deal, and I actually think the extra year or two is a good thing. By the end of the deal, he could definitely be playing above his cap hit. I like it.

Edited by Jesusberg

Good. He's one of those quiet kids who does things without much notice. He's still got some ninja in him. The other team prepares to battle the more noteworthy ones, and -bam!- he sneaks in and gets the job done before fading to oblivion again.

4@2.4=good numbers.

Now I'm curious what kind of money Brendan Smith is going to make. Hmm...

I'd guess it will be slightly less than Kind's but probably not for as long a term. He'll look to get paid in his 3rd contract.

Kenny is 3 for 3 in signing our guys to contracts with good value.

Would love to 1.sign another RFA or two signed this weekend; 2.trade Cola at the draft; 3.Buy out Sammy; 4.Get Mantha

That would be a decent weekend.