• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Jakub Kindl signs 4 year extension, $9.6m total, $2.4m/yr

Rate this topic

....WAY too much of a raise....oh well. Just keep Nickle and diming the cap away... Lets give Cleary $3M...

There had to be someone who didn't like the deal

2.4 might be a hair too much right now, but in a year or 2 it will be considered a great deal for the Wings.

There had to be someone who didn't like the deal

2.4 might be a hair too much right now, but in a year or 2 it will be considered a great deal for the Wings.

Agreed. And considering the higher deal Ericsson got at the same age, and what he's become now, I think it's a good deal for Kindl who I think has improved quicker at this point in comparison.

Good deal that should become a great deal. Kindl is only 26, so his best years are yet to come.

Some D-men really take a long time to develop, he's certainly one of them. I think he might actually start peaking around 29, just in time for a new contract lol.

I don't like this deal and find it overpayment.

Sorry don't like it.

This is the internet, your opinion is factually incorrect. :tounge:

Personally, I was expecting 2.25M, so it's not too bad an overpayment. Kindl played like he deserved it this year, hopefully he lives up to it and beyond the way Howard did after his signing.

Next year Kindl will be second in defense scoring on this team, just behind Kronwall. And it will be closer than anyone thinks. He's made the 2nd PP his own, and had a knack for timely production. He's also improved in in zone coverage tremendously. He's still got some work to do on his first pass, but otherwise he's really made strides. I have no idea what's not to like about that for 2.4 million.

He probably just needs to punch someone and the naysayers will get on board.

Guest The Axe

Kuba, Smith, DeKeyser, and Emdog are my favorite guys.

Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, and Dats are my 2nd favorite.

Kuba, Smith, DeKeyser, and Emdog are my favorite guys.

Tatar, Nyquist, Andersson, and Dats are my 2nd favorite.

I'm not trying to talk you out of anything, and I don't want to argue. But I really, really, want to know what you like about Smith. You can message me if you want so that you don't have to argue with anyone else. But I've got to know why he's on that list.

I might be going out on a limb here.....But does anyone else think that with the above pairings - Kindl/DeKeyser could potentially find themselves as a 2nd pairing Dmen by mid season while Smith/Quincey get 3rd pairing minutes?

No, you're not alone there. All Smith-Quincey does is scare me.

Well, I was always on the "Kindl is an AHL player" bandwagon, but I've got to admit he improved leaps and bounds last season. Its not inconceivable he could pot 40 points next season.

As for those complaining of "overpayment", he's a defenceman, and defencemen are usually "overpaid" cf Kyle Quincey and Jonathon Ericsson.

I might be going out on a limb here.....But does anyone else think that with the above pairings - Kindl/DeKeyser could potentially find themselves as a 2nd pairing Dmen by mid season while Smith/Quincey get 3rd pairing minutes?

I've always been a fan of Smith and think he's got crazy potential. And yes I'm aware that he was a little shaky in the playoffs, but for his first real season in the NHL, it very easily could have been a whole lot worse. But Quincey on the other hand.....I think we never should have traded the 1st rounder for him, but I can armchair GM all night.

Once DeKeyser gets used to the team and settles into his role and the NHL in general, he'll be just fine and I'm expecting to see some of his offensive game. I'm one of the few who actually believe that that Lashoff shouldn't be a 7th D-Man and would like to see more of him next season.

Kron-E

DeKeyser-Kindl

Smith-Lashoff

Quincey

trade Cola

Good signing. It took Jakub nearly 3 full seasons in every league he's played in to reach his full potential (he has steadily improved in each of those 3 years).

So this is going to be year 3 in the NHL. Looking forward to see what kind of player he will be at the end of this year… Solid 2nd pair defenseman for sure.

this is going to be interesting. Kindl gets a a nice chunk of money and the forum is debating Brunners value. I am thinkning if Brunner doesnt get 3 million, he will walk

This is probably a true statement. An argument could easily be made that Kindl and Brunner are about the same level of "proven" players. They are about the same age. Kindl gets the edge in both of those because he is a little bit younger and came up through the system. BUT, Brunner is a UFA.... so that outweighs the rest. I agree. Brunner walks if he doesn't get $3M, and he will go get it somewhere else.

I'm not trying to talk you out of anything, and I don't want to argue. But I really, really, want to know what you like about Smith. You can message me if you want so that you don't have to argue with anyone else. But I've got to know why he's on that list.

Smith is a really likable guy. You can tell he tries hard and is devastated when he screws up. I'm rooting for him because of that.

Guest The Axe

Smith is a really likable guy. You can tell he tries hard and is devastated when he screws up. I'm rooting for him because of that.

Exactly. Hes a gamer. Love Smith.

I've always been a fan of Smith and think he's got crazy potential. And yes I'm aware that he was a little shaky in the playoffs, but for his first real season in the NHL, it very easily could have been a whole lot worse. But Quincey on the other hand.....I think we never should have traded the 1st rounder for him, but I can armchair GM all night.

Once DeKeyser gets used to the team and settles into his role and the NHL in general, he'll be just fine and I'm expecting to see some of his offensive game. I'm one of the few who actually believe that that Lashoff shouldn't be a 7th D-Man and would like to see more of him next season.

Kron-E

DeKeyser-Kindl

Smith-Lashoff

Quincey

trade Cola

You stole my avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!