• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Jonathan Ericsson - should we consider trading him?

Rate this topic

i love ericsson hes the biggest body we got in the back and im all up for keeping him but if i recall our last negotiations with him didnt go so well and now with what happened with filppula i can easily see ericsson demanding 5+ per year and as much as i like him i dont believe hes worth it

Now recent reports on tsn are saying craig mctavish would gladly give away all his picks if he can fill up his roster with bodies, im thinking if the oilers can get ericsson to an extention maybe we can get the 7th overall pick?? thoughts?

maybe we can sign ference or a cheap ufa and our d would could look like ...

kronwall quincey

dekeyser kindl

smith ference

lashoff

and we got ouellet sproul backman marchenko jensen almquist coming up

that being said if we can get ericsson to sign for like 4.25 per year for 5 yrs id do it but i think he will ask for more than kronwall

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

The Wings will have dmen available to trade but their names are Colaiacovo & Lashoff. Ericsson's name will not be on that list.

and your not worried that hes gonna demand 5+ per year and walk for free like filppula is gonna do this year???

Quincey on the top pairing scares the hell out of me.

id rather we get rid of quincey+ extention + something like tatar for the 7th pick but im thinking longterm ... i really think ericsson will give us problems when its time to renegotiate a deal ... i really hope im wrong

and your not worried that hes gonna demand 5+ per year and walk for free like filppula is gonna do this year???

id rather we get rid of quincey+ extention + something like tatar for the 7th pick but im thinking longterm ... i really think ericsson will give us problems when its time to renegotiate a deal ... i really hope im wrong

We'll get something for Flip's rights and Ericsson has gotten much better the past few years, if he continues that trend he might even be worth 5+

As always: Depends. How much does E think he is worth vs how much do we think he is worth vs how much do others think he is worth? He is 29 and in his last year. If he wants 5+ million per year, I really don't see it. He is a good solid Dman, that belongs on the second pair. He is a 3/4 not a 1/2. But 5+ million is 1/2 money. He already makes 3.25 million so wanting 5 million isn't that big of a jump.

But the part we don't know is, what could we get for E? We have 8 Dman with several more on the way. Moving 1 piece will happen. But Cola and Q will not bring back much in return. E on the other hand could. You trade from strengths to fill weaknesses. D is our strength. 8th last year in goals allowed. But 24th IIRC in goals scored.

Guest The Axe

We just spent 5 years grooming him into a great #2. Now trade him? Come on.

Guest The Axe

just worried that his salary demands will be to high and we'll lose him for nothing ... if we got him signed to say 4.5 x 5 yrs tomorrow id be happy

We have 2 more years

We have 2 more years

Try 1 year. Ericsson's current contract expires after the 2013-14 season.

just worried that his salary demands will be to high and we'll lose him for nothing ... if we got him signed to say 4.5 x 5 yrs tomorrow id be happy

I'm confident he'll re-sign. He's not one of those shifty, disloyal Finns. :brow:

Trading Ericsson would put a massive hole into our lineup and undo years of scouting and developmental work, and we would be getting in return a player with no guarantee that he would even crack the lineup, let alone benefit the Wings. At this point the scouting and development which made Ericsson into the player he is today would have to start over on whomever we drafted with the pick.

Iffity schmiffity. You sound a bit like my mother who makes up these scenarios in her head and starts worrying about them in advance. You can start worrying when Ericsson actually demands the $5M+/year contract.

i love ericsson hes the biggest body we got in the back and im all up for keeping him but if i recall our last negotiations with him didnt go so well and now with what happened with filppula i can easily see ericsson demanding 5+ per year and as much as i like him i dont believe hes worth it

Now recent reports on tsn are saying craig mctavish would gladly give away all his picks if he can fill up his roster with bodies, im thinking if the oilers can get ericsson to an extention maybe we can get the 7th overall pick?? thoughts?

maybe we can sign ference or a cheap ufa and our d would could look like ...

kronwall quincey

dekeyser kindl

smith ference

lashoff

and we got ouellet sproul backman marchenko jensen almquist coming up

that being said if we can get ericsson to sign for like 4.25 per year for 5 yrs id do it but i think he will ask for more than kronwall

I was under the impression that Smith was in need of being re-signed still. So this may be a little premature. Also Ference is a possibility but again we have no way of knowing if he will sign with us. Just a little premature to trade Ericsson if we aren't fortifying our Defence.

The same is true for every single free agent ever. There's always the possibility of that. But can't trade every potential free agent that "might" leave. You'd be the Philadelphia Flyers, and look how well that works out for them.

Only if it was part of a package for that fabled top-pairing defenceman we're looking for.

Right.

We don't need solid d-men, we need some skill on the blue line. If we can get a skilled right handed D-man like Yandle or Letang, we maybe have to give up Ericsson or Quincey in exchange. If we give up Ericsson we maybe have to add a little less to the deal as if we trade Quincey.

Edited by poel