• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Tyler Seguin available? what would do cost be

Rate this topic

Yes please.

It will never happen but I'd love to get Seguin. I think he'll continue to improve even if he disappeared in the playoffs.

And I'll say the same thing that I said about Letang...

"That boy would look goooood in a Wings sweater <3"

Keep in mind Rask is looking at a minimal of 7 million per year, then they have to re-sign Horton too so thats about 12 - 13 million for two players against the cap. If I were PC I'd try to shop Seguin + first for Pietrangelo. Read somewhere that Pietrangelo wants 7 million per year and the Blues don't want to pay him that (= lowballing) that guy.

Keep in mind Rask is looking at a minimal of 7 million per year, then they have to re-sign Horton too so thats about 12 - 13 million for two players against the cap. If I were PC I'd try to shop Seguin + first for Pietrangelo. Read somewhere that Pietrangelo wants 7 million per year and the Blues don't want to pay him that (= lowballing) that guy.

Horton has informed the team he will be heading to free agency.

I love how people say no to a 21 year old who's been buried on the third line in Boston but put up numbers nonetheless, yet the guys on our team who are on the PP and second and first line who don't put up equal numbers are "inconsistent" but find some way to defend them.

I think Charelli and Neely are messing with the Young man's head.

I think this is their way of motivating a young guy who has had some professionalism issues and spends a lot of time enjoying the amble bars Boston has to offer.

This is staging on their part and I imagine they released the statement saying he is being shopped around.

The expectations for him was that he would be Stamkos by now, he obviously is not, but that is what they are expecting around here (I live in NH and get all the Boston Sports stations).

And then you throw into the mix Marchand's rise in stock compared to where he and Sequin were drafted, and the whole Kessel trade deal this kid is under a lot of pressure to perform.

With the losses they are expected to have this off season, I do not expect them to trade him, they are just trying to motivate his off season!

Seguin will be a really good 2-way forward, close to a point per game. He would be worth a decent amount, but I'd rather watch our guys take the spots that are theirs like they did this past season.

Rask is a really good goalie, but no goalie is worth more than a $6mil cap hit unless they play 75+ games a year allowing a league min signing as a backup.

I'd love Horton, but wanting $6mil per with some injury issues and he hasn't had a season yet that's worthy of that money. He's been a big playoff guy, but with the cap going down $6mil, GM's need to stop watching Shero raise bars like it's a high jump contest.

"In attempt to keep Nathan Horton, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli sniffed around to see what Tyler Seguin might bring back. Chiarelli was caught off guard when Horton said he would test the free agent market. 15 teams called the Bruins about Seguin. Trade talks died after Horton said he was moving on."

according to bruce garrioch of the ottawa sun

edit: maybe seguin is still in play? lebrun had this to say....

"GM Chiarelli continue to listen to teams on Seguin after Horton said he wouldn’t be returning. It’s likely that he won’t go anywhere, but LeBrun wouldn’t close the door on it."

Edited by amato