• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

redwings talking to ducks for bobby ryan?

Rate this topic

http://prosportsextra.com/2013/06/27/red-wings-in-trade-talks-with-anaheim-for-bobby-ryan/

not sure about this guy , never heard of it so dont know if id trust this source , but im not crazy about this trade , ryan can just walk away in 2 years ... ive always had this feeling though tatar wouldnt make it long here , got a bad feeling holland doesnt want him here for some reason

This must have been the guy who edited Bobby Ryan's Wiki page as well.

At some point today it said that Ryan was traded to Detroit along with Anaheims 1st round pick for Tomas Tatar, Brian Lashoff, Adam Almqvist and our 3rd round pick.

It was changed back pretty quickly though, and No GM in his right mind would give up Ryan and a 1st for that package.

"The Ducks are asking for Thomas Tatar, 2nd and 3rd round picks and Adam Almquist or Brian Lashoff."

...not sure why I felt the need to point this out.

So we have this guy who can't spell Tatars name correctly and Eklund saying the Flyers and Wings are in talks for Ryan. I'm finding it hard to trust the credibility of any of this until someone reputable says something about it. Normally if Ek is reporting it the likeliness of it actually happening is slim to none.

Edited by MabusIncarnate

regardless of anything, the "video test" showing an ANA pick going to DET is a little odd. Two teams that are rumored to be talking and then that just happened to be the test the video techs did?

I'm not convinced it's happening but that was quite the coincidence and as V says, "There is no such thing as coincidence, there is only the illusion of coincidence."

Unfortunately nothing about this screams legitimacy. Not the source, not the news, and not the actual trade itself. Detroit isn't going to get Ryan AND a 1st round draft pick with that.

As much as I'd love to see Ryan in Detroit there's no feasible way to accomplish that without giving up too much in return. I sure as hell don't want to send our first either, we've been without one for long enough.

Take the actual trade out of the mix, his cap hit is definitely a blow to our team. I'm not going to claim he isn't worth it or may want more because for the time being he just isn't the most immediate piece that we need which is a solid second line centre, which is a role that neither he nor Brunner can fill right now.

There may not be many better players to be interested in, but there are players better suited.

As much as I have been a Ryan fan since he came into the league, I don't think there is any chance that is is true. I remember reading shortly after the Anaheim series that Holland and Co. were thoroughly unimpressed with Ryan's compete level during the series. No way would they trade those assets for him, especially Tatar.

Edit: punctuation

Edited by DyingAlive

Ducks need a defenseman. Perhaps we're talking to them.

Doubt it. Unlike our forward situation, the D is one significant injury away from being pretty thin.

Edit: Unless you're talking about a prospect? But I'm pretty sure the Ducks need help right away.

Edited by rick zombo

GeeZUZ

So what? Cleary had no knees and and separated shoulder and he still outplayed Ryan in the first round last year.

Want to bet who has more goals at the end of the year? Ryan will score more goals than Alfie and Cleary combined, and cost about 2 million less. Might even score more than Alfie, Cleary, Tatar and Nyquist combined.

Want to bet who has more goals at the end of the year? Ryan will score more goals than Alfie and Cleary combined, and cost about 2 million less. Might even score more than Alfie, Cleary, Tatar and Nyquist combined.

He's a first line winger for the Sens. He should score more than Alfie and Cleary combined. But using health as an excuse for him being "lazy and all" is BS. And calling Holland an idiot is really poor form. Hence my Cleary playoff comparison. Obviously, I'd take Ryan over Cleary any day. I'd take him over Bickel too, and we know what a playoff beast he was. I'm just calling crap on the injury excuse.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest DeGraa55

He's a first line winger for the Sens. He should score more than Alfie and Cleary combined. But using health as an excuse for him being "lazy and all" is BS. And calling Holland an idiot is really poor form. Hence my Cleary playoff comparison. Obviously, I'd take Ryan over Cleary any day. I'd take him over Bickel too, and we know what a playoff beast he was. I'm just calling crap on the injury excuse.

Signing Sammy and cola for two years. Resigning cleary and miller. Signing Alfie.

Has led to Tatar being on bench, Nyquist in minors, and having to use a buyout on cola.

Letting fil walk for nothing was stupid....pretty much everyone agreed we should trade him at trade deadline. And I personally thought replacing fil with Weiss will be a wash. But Weiss could end up being an improvement.

And calling a star forward lazy after one down year is stupid. Then gov find out its because he was sick? Eben worse. So yes in short term Holland has been an idiot. Now is he calling all the shots and get all the blame or part? I'd assume he is but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.