• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Mike Smith re-signs with PHX. 6 yrs @ $5.6 mill year w/ NTC

Rate this topic

1. Smith's extension with the Coyotes is still being finalized. Sounds like closer to $5.7 per year x 6 yrs.

2. Sources say the Coyotes are closing in on a 6 year deal with Mike Smith. Not done yet, but believed to be around $5.5 mil per year. #TSN

Expand

ridiculous overpayment if you ask me , think theyll regret this signing down the road

I thought the point of the lockout was to eliminate overpaying for players. Especially in small market teams...

Just the opposite they're forced to overpay for a couple players to get over the cap floor reminds me of what Florida Panthers had to do either last season or the year before when they picked up a bunch of free agents and over payed them all to get above the cap.

Just the opposite they're forced to overpay for a couple players to get over the cap floor reminds me of what Florida Panthers had to do either last season or the year before when they picked up a bunch of free agents and over payed them all to get above the cap.

your up to early go to bed;)

What a stupid move for that much money and term.... Smith failed to find any consistency this past season, one night he was solid and the next he let in 5 goals. He shouldn't have gotten more than 4 million per.

Agreed.

I'm not sure Smith is the real deal. He's had one exceptional season and has only started over 40 games three times in his career. In 2012 the Coyotes had it together as a team that year and it's a defensive system that plays to his strengths.

Plus Smith is 31 years old and has had his fair share of injuries. If they really do sign him for 6 years I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a highly paid backup in a couple seasons.

Go home, Contract. You're drunk.

1. Smith's extension with the Coyotes is still being finalized. Sounds like closer to $5.7 per year x 6 yrs.

2. Sources say the Coyotes are closing in on a 6 year deal with Mike Smith. Not done yet, but believed to be around $5.5 mil per year. #TSN

Lundquist getting 8.5 a year?

Highly doubt it.

there is something missing: 8,5 or close to even 9,0

yeah I really think so the Rangers have absolutely no one to replace him, Biron is a very good backup just not a solid starter. Also Henrik is the face of their franchise they know it, he knows it Lundquist and his agents are holding all the cards/leverage here

yeah I really think so the Rangers have absolutely no one to replace him, Biron is a very good backup just not a solid starter. Also Henrik is the face of their franchise they know it, he knows it Lundquist and his agents are holding all the cards/leverage here

He's in the position to hit his payday but I have a hard time seeing them offer him $9m a year. That's just way too much salary for a goaltender. I do think you're correct in that he'll be paid above $7.5m. You never know with the Rangers, though...

I don't think so.

Much like Smith, Lundquist hasn't done squat in the playoffs. His regular season numbers are good no doubt but anything over 8 for Lundquist is absurd. As I might agree that Lundquist's agent is probably holding the cards per say. It is the NYR after all and they like to overpay guys.

No goaltender in the NHL right now is worth 8.5-9 million per year. IMO

Guest Crymson

Lundquist will probably get the same sort of contract as Rinne or Quick.

I don't think so.

Much like Smith, Lundquist hasn't done squat in the playoffs. His regular season numbers are good no doubt but anything over 8 for Lundquist is absurd. As I might agree that Lundquist's agent is probably holding the cards per say. It is the NYR after all and they like to overpay guys.

No goaltender in the NHL right now is worth 8.5-9 million per year. IMO

Hmm... Did you not watch the playoffs last year?

Agreed on being overpayed, though

Guest Crymson

That is an absurd contract for a goalie who has precisely one good season (which was not even the most recent season) under his belt.

Too long and too much. The max I would have done would be three years at $3.5 per MAX.

Lundquist will probably get the same sort of contract as Rinne or Quick.

If Mike Smith gets just a hair under $6 million per year, Lundqvist could easily command $10 million.

Guest Crymson

Too long and too much. The max I would have done would be three years at $3.5 per MAX.

If Mike Smith gets just a hair under $6 million per year, Lundqvist could easily command $10 million.

$8m, tops, and that would compromise NYR's chance at a Cup anytime soon.

Wow, I HATE this deal for Phoenix. They play a defensive system that is friendly to goaltenders, and Bryzgalov's performance in Philly showed that to an extent. No way in hell Smith deserves Howard's contract - we're lucky Howard got his money first so that deal wasn't out there as a comparable.