• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

2013 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Rate this topic

Dreger said wings interested in elder. Interesting... Maybe management isn't as happy with the d-prospects as we thought...

Holland said, in the last few days, that he'd like a top pairing dman if possible. Surprised me, too.

2013 draft is over. 8 picks. 6 were forwards, 2 dmen. all but 1 pick are 6-1 or taller. Most of these guys will grow over the next 2-3 years. the only pick that bothers me was bertuzzi. not that we took him, when we took him. But over all a good draft. Most are 3-5 years away. Mantha could be ready in 2 years.

Dreger said wings interested in elder. Interesting... Maybe management isn't as happy with the d-prospects as we thought...

That could be, but Holland has said since missing on Suter last summer he would like to add a top-pairing d-man, but there aren't many available. Getting DeKeyser changes that necessity probably to an extent, but I still think the Red Wings could use someone to play alongside Kronwall and slide Ericsson down to the second pairing. Nothing against E, but it's not like there is a ton of certainty on the defense beyond him and Kronner. Kindl improved a ton, now he needs to repeat that consistency. We all love DeKeyser, but there's still a learning curve over a full 82 games. Quincey is pretty much just there (replaceable) and Smith is developing.

If you can get an Alex Edler, it makes the defense very formidable in front of Jimmy Howard. I'm glad the Red Wings are at least showing interest, though I suspect the ultimate asking price will be too much.

Wings made an offer for Edler. I wonder what it was?

After how Gillis got snow plowed by the Devils earlier I would think everyone in the league would try and make a low ball offer lol