• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

2013 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Rate this topic

2013 draft is over. 8 picks. 6 were forwards, 2 dmen. all but 1 pick are 6-1 or taller. Most of these guys will grow over the next 2-3 years. the only pick that bothers me was bertuzzi. not that we took him, when we took him. But over all a good draft. Most are 3-5 years away. Mantha could be ready in 2 years.

If little Tuzzi is what it seems he is, then he would make a very nice s*** disturbing linemate for Helm and possibly Callahan in a few years. I'm mildly intrigued.

Hampus Melen to you sir! His name sounds like a greeting of sorts, and I like it.

If little Tuzzi is what it seems he is, then he would make a very nice s*** disturbing linemate for Helm and possibly Callahan in a few years. I'm mildly intrigued.

Hampus Melen to you sir! His name sounds like a greeting of sorts, and I like it.

He has already had 1 concussion. Missed part of this year with it. Again, there were better options at the time. But that is water under the bridge.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/347297-rumour-red-wings-interested-in-alex-edler-looking-for-2-roster-players-and-1st-pick-in-this-draft/page__st__60

Anyone care to read what crazy canucks fans want for Alex elder?

In case you don't want to read it, ill tell you my favorite part... Multiple posters seem to think elder is worth Pavel Datsyuk...

Edited by wingsfan4795

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/347297-rumour-red-wings-interested-in-alex-edler-looking-for-2-roster-players-and-1st-pick-in-this-draft/page__st__60

Anyone care to read what crazy canucks fans want for Alex elder?

Wow....do we need to throw in our new arena too?

In case you don't want to read it, ill tell you my favorite part... Multiple posters seem to think elder is worth Pavel Datsyuk...

LOL. Holland anticipating the sadness of a useless Todd Bertuzzi retiring, decides to draft a nephew of his, ensuring that his lineage in Detroit continues.

I hope Samuelsson and Cleary don't have any relatives in this draft or others. :lol:

Edited by GMRwings1983

Not nearly enough in my opinion. I think if we throw in Pav, Jimmy, a prime Larionov and Steve Yzerman's legacy it's a doable trade. Make it happen, Kenny!

Not nearly enough in my opinion. I think if we throw in Pav, Jimmy, a prime Larionov and Steve Yzerman's legacy it's a doable trade. Make it happen, Kenny!

And every player we've ever drafted since 2008

We can only hope that one day hampus gets good enough at something to get his own adjective or verb like pav and kronner.

"BOOM! You got HAMPUSED!"

Edit: GUISE--what about when he has his first bromance with a teammate? Zetterhampus? Helmpus? Hamsyuk? The possibilities are endless!

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Guest The Axe

Im naming my band Hampus Melen, and we're going to cover Chelsea Dagger exclusively.

Kind of a meh-ish draft for my liking. Well, that is, for my initial reaction.

Perhaps this year's crop is like a new album from one of your favorite artists that just doesn't move you right away but grows on you after a couple more thorough listenings, which isn't really a word, but you all know what I mean hopefully.

Kind of a meh-ish draft for my liking. Well, that is, for my initial reaction.

Perhaps this year's crop is like a new album from one of your favorite artists that just doesn't move you right away but grows on you after a couple more thorough listenings, which isn't really a word, but you all know what I mean hopefully.

"Grower."

As in, "It takes awhile to really get into it. It grows on you. It's a grower."

I think we did alright. Time will tell, of course.

Disappointed that we didn't make any moves re: our immediate roster.

I really like the Nastasiuk pick. I don't know what his offensive potential is (looks to be 2nd/3rd line tweener) but if he improves his skating then I can't see why he won't be a regular in the future at least on the bottom 6. Dude just battles hard for the puck and comes away with it often. He just looks like a guy that gives it his all every shift.

Edited by dropkickshanahans