• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

2013 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Rate this topic

Good thinking.

I'm really excited for this draft. Super deep draft. We have the lowest pick I've ever personally seen us have. There should be a flurry of trade activity today.

Things I'm looking for...

-Flames GM Jay Feaster will do something dumb AND make at least one draft decision that makes people wonder why he's still an NHL GM

-Columbus trades one of thier 3 first round picks

-Colorado takes MacKinnon, Patrick Roy says something stupid at one point or another

-Florida takes Jones, Tallon personally thanks Colorado

-At least one team trades to get into the top 10

-Leafs do something dumb (this is partially a wish)

-Columbus has its best draft ever

Edited by achildr1

Good thinking.

I'm really excited for this draft. Super deep draft. We have the lowest pick I've ever personally seen us have. There should be a flurry of trade activity today.

Things I'm looking for...

-Flames GM Jay Feaster will do something dumb AND make at least one draft decision that makes people wonder why he's still an NHL GM

-Columbus trades one of thier 3 first round picks

-Colorado takes MacKinnon, Patrick Roy says something stupid at one point or another

-Florida takes Jones, Tallon personally thanks Colorado

-At least one team trades to get into the top 10

-Leafs do something dumb (this is partially a wish)

-Columbus has its best draft ever

You are probably not too far off :lol:

Ok. So I'm a big hater of size prejudice at the NHL draft every year. How many Ennis' get passed up every year for Jessimans'? The league supports smaller players much more post lockout. Briere, St. Louis, Ennis, Desharnais, Kane, etc...all not only get by, but do well.

Here's my curiosity case this year...Nic Petan. 120 points in 71 WHL games for the Winterhawks. Listed as 5'8". This kid dominated a league, that from what I've heard is generally a more physical league than the other two CHL leagues. He also jumped from 35 points to 120 in one year. Kid knows how to play. Yet, he's listed at #42 in the THN Draft Preview.

http://flamesnation.ca/2013/5/31/flames-first-round-targets-2013-nicolas-petan

Edited by achildr1

He also jumped from 35 points to 120 in one year.

That's a dramatic jump, but probably more to do with the fact that it's his first year on the top line with Brendan Leipsic (120pts) and Ty Rattie (110pts).

Ennis was drafted 26th overall, pretty good for a guy who's listed at 146lbs :scared:

Why are people so sure Columbus will do something amazing? I am happy for them but keep in mind this Kekkailinen guy doesn't know much about NA talents and Davidson is not going to run their draft. I am sure they will do fine but it may be to early for their new GM to do something amazing like moving into the top 10.

I really hope the Wings are going after to draft Gauthier or Bo Horvat just not sold on that Domi guy.

Ok, so I am SOOOOO excited about this day! (as always) I just hope Holland picks one of the guys we have all been talking about in that 1st round! If Holland selects Haag in the 1st round I will personally fly to the Draft and kick Holland in the Balls...

Concerning the Bobby Ryan rumors, I would hate to not have Tatar with us, but I would LOVE Ryan in Detroit! Could you imagine if Holland was able to acquire Bobby Ryan and was able to sign Lacavalier? Now that would be a huge increase in our offense production! And it keeps Franzen in the mix, for all you Franzen lovers...with Ryan and Lecavelier on our team, I wouldn't even mind that Franzen stayed.

Ok, ok I know this a draft thread and not a trade thread, but this could happen at the draft. I am so excited! I just hope I do not get my hopes up too much (as I always do, right? :D ) and get the wind kicked out of me when that pick comes up...

Anyhow, Go Wings! Go Holland! Get Ryan and Lecavalier here! So long Filppula!

Trades start any time or they have to be officially done with Bettman announcements?

Would like to see some movement today. I think most GMs are waiting to make trades before dumping players via buyout. If they're all here in one room today, seems like the time.

Or they could just wait two days and then do it *sigh*

Concerning the Bobby Ryan rumors, I would hate to not have Tatar with us, but I would LOVE Ryan in Detroit! Could you imagine if Holland was able to acquire Bobby Ryan and was able to sign Lacavalier? Now that would be a huge increase in our offense production! And it keeps Franzen in the mix, for all you Franzen lovers...with Ryan and Lecavelier on our team, I wouldn't even mind that Franzen stayed.

Ok, ok I know this a draft thread and not a trade thread, but this could happen at the draft. I am so excited! I just hope I do not get my hopes up too much (as I always do, right? :D ) and get the wind kicked out of me when that pick comes up...

Anyhow, Go Wings! Go Holland! Get Ryan and Lecavalier here! So long Filppula!

That would give us six or more "top six players" for the first time in a long time! But it probably won't happen. I would assume that if we get one, we will stop talks with the other. If we got that done, it would be the closest to 2002 that you can get in the cap era!

Concerning the Bobby Ryan rumors, I would hate to not have Tatar with us, but I would LOVE Ryan in Detroit! Could you imagine if Holland was able to acquire Bobby Ryan and was able to sign Lacavalier?

I'm mobile so no source, but I thought Helene St. James tweeted that the Wings decided to not pursue Bobby Ryan. You'll have to look that one up.

Trades start any time or they have to be officially done with Bettman announcements? Would like to see some movement today. I think most GMs are waiting to make trades before dumping players via buyout. If they're all here in one room today, seems like the time. Or they could just wait two days and then do it *sigh*

"We have a trade to announce..."

Hate that little gerbil whenever he scurries up to say anything.

Guest Johnz96

Why are people so sure Columbus will do something amazing? I am happy for them but keep in mind this Kekkailinen guy doesn't know much about NA talents and Davidson is not going to run their draft. I am sure they will do fine but it may be to early for their new GM to do something amazing like moving into the top 10.

I really hope the Wings are going after to draft Gauthier or Bo Horvat just not sold on that Domi guy.

You probably didn't watch him then. He led the Knights to an OHL championship. He is not only much more, dynamic and productive than teammate Horvat (who is a very good prospect himself) but also stronger and more physical.

I'm mobile so no source, but I thought Helene St. James tweeted that the Wings decided to not pursue Bobby Ryan. You'll have to look that one up.

I cannot find it, but you may be right about it. I wouldn't be heartbroken, but would kiss Holland's feet if he did acquire Ryan....

These guys aren't NA (minus Berglund)?

In 2002 Kekäläinen joined the St. Louis Blues as Assistant GM and Director of Amateur Scouting, where he helped draft much of the core of the team in the early 2010s, including defenseman Alex Pietrangelo and forwards T.J. Oshie, Patrik Berglund, David Perron, and David Backes.